Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Great news about hydroxychlorquine study!
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 4:24 am
The study raising concerns about hydroxychlorquine for treatment of covid has been retracted!!!

Great news as it is now found indeed to be quite helpful in the treatment of Covid!

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 4:47 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The study raising concerns about hydroxychlorquine for treatment of covid has been retracted!!!

Great news as it is now found indeed to be quite helpful in the treatment of Covid!

Go Trump! We know all along that hydroxychlorquine can and has saved people's lives! It was the Dems that we're painting it in a bad light!

Ora in town

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 4:51 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Why do you feel the need to post this anonymously?

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 5:26 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

The study was found to be faulty and they are auditing it. That does not mean hydroxychlorquine was found to be helpful.

youngishbear

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 5:32 am
It's unfortunate that there's no clarity on this issue yet. That particular observational study has been retracted, but a different double-blind placebo study found no benefit to taking the medication as a preventive measure after exposure.

Trials to test whether it helps people who have been infected are still ongoing, and one that the WHO had paused over concerns of side effects was resumed.

zohar

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 6:17 am
The scandal is that this Lancet and other respected scientific journals, did not properly vet a "study" done by an unknown third party that appeared out of the blue. It was definitely driven by politics and that is unacceptable. BTW, the retraction does not mean that hydroxichloroqiune is proven to be helpful for COVID-19. But other studies have been stopped because of this bogus one and we are now further from the truth. I was suspicious of this study from the get go. I mean, how does a drug that was considered super safe for decades that it was taken as a preventive medication, suddenly become super dangerous? This is the danger of TDS. Hydroxichloroqiune was made into something political for absolutely no reason.

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 6:25 am
[quote="zohar"]The scandal is that this Lancet and other respected scientific journals, did not properly vet a "study" done by an unknown third party that appeared out of the blue. It was definitely driven by politics and that is unacceptable. BTW, the retraction does not mean that hydroxichloroqiune is proven to be helpful for COVID-19. But other studies have been stopped because of this bogus one and we are now further from the truth. I was suspicious of this study from the get go. I mean, how does a drug that was considered super safe for decades that it was taken as a preventive medication, suddenly become super dangerous? This is the danger of TDS. Hydroxichloroqiune was made into something political for absolutely no reason.[/quote

I don't know if I'm living in China or in Russia anymore! It terrifies me! I know that my mother has been sick we were literally losing her someone got a hold of this medication for her after about 7 hours she was back with us bh! It saved her life and many lives of others that I know! She happens to be a heart patient but we will lose her anyways It was either we try everything out there to save her life or let her go. We are so grateful to Hashem for sending the right shlich in the right time.

DrMom

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 6:27 am
zohar wrote:
The scandal is that this Lancet and other respected scientific journals, did not properly vet a "study" done by an unknown third party that appeared out of the blue. It was definitely driven by politics and that is unacceptable. BTW, the retraction does not mean that hydroxichloroqiune is proven to be helpful for COVID-19. But other studies have been stopped because of this bogus one and we are now further from the truth. I was suspicious of this study from the get go. I mean, how does a drug that was considered super safe for decades that it was taken as a preventive medication, suddenly become super dangerous? This is the danger of TDS. Hydroxichloroqiune was made into something political for absolutely no reason.

This

avrahamama

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 6:31 am
The studies that were cited against hydrochlorwuin in CNN were sponsored by Gilead... Gilead is developing resmelala (sorry forgot the whole name) that other therapeutic that is impossible band expensive to attain...

ora_43

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 6:38 am
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
Go Trump! We know all along that hydroxychlorquine can and has saved people's lives! It was the Dems that we're painting it in a bad light!

Can't Believe It

Dear Americans,

It may have escaped your attention, but covid19 is what's known as a global pandemic. As in, all over the world.

As in, no, it is not remotely probable that billions of people all got together and decided to let their grandparents die just to prove the American president wrong. Sorry, America - we're just not that into you.

amother
Orange

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 6:40 am
Oy the timing. By the time the virus will have died down and our loved ones buried, the bureaucrats will finally crawl out of their rat holes admitting what we knew all along but were barred from using.

Bashert.

amother
Bronze

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 6:41 am
zohar wrote:

The art of journalism has been lost to our generation. Anything and everything that's being reported nowadays should be immediately suspect. If someone wants the honest truth, they need to do their own extensive research. But few bother or have the capabilities of performing it. We now have so many self-professed experts on all subjects who base their expertise on such suspect journal articles and then try to persuade the rest of us about the 'truth' of it. It's prevalent everywhere in our society, even on this very board. How many amothers read an article or two or four, and then come her to post about the truth they've discovered & how we are all deluding ourselves to think otherwise. The real scary thing about all this, is that decisions on our lives are made based on such articles.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 6:42 am
avrahamama wrote:
The studies that were cited against hydrochlorwuin in CNN were sponsored by Gilead... Gilead is developing resmelala (sorry forgot the whole name) that other therapeutic that is impossible band expensive to attain...

Are you able to link the article? I would like to read it.

fleetwood

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 6:43 am
DrMom wrote:
This

Of course! Isn't the root of all evil TDS 🙄????

ora_43

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 6:43 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Not really. A study showing it was actively harmful has been retracted. But there still hasn't been a study showing it's helpful.

Obviously it will be wonderful if it is.

ora_43

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 6:47 am
Guys - we're talking about a delay of one week.

A massive study published in late May showed potential dangers of hydroxychloroquine.

Immediately after it was published, other scientists read the article and raised concerns about the results.

Based on their concerns, the journal looked into it, and decided to pull the article.

And now studies that were paused one week ago based on the study are resuming.

Obviously if there was any deliberate dishonesty, that's a huge problem and should be dealt with severely. If the Lancet failed to screen the article properly, that's a huge problem and should lead to serious changes.

But overall, this shows the system working. People can't just get away with bad science; other scientists call them on it.

youngishbear

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 6:50 am
fleetwood wrote:
Of course! Isn't the root of all evil TDS 🙄????

What was the motivation behind less-than-reliable science before TDS entered the diagnostic roster?

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 6:55 am
What's scary is that for some reason the study was created in such a way to prove that it's not helpful. Again and again, those who have advocated for its use have said it must be administered within the first few days of symptoms and NOT to violently ill patients. Also the doses given were different.

Get it, guys! There's extreme bias in science. I'm glad some of it is slowly coming to the fore.

Laiya

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 7:31 am
zohar wrote:

Exactly, well said. It's especially disturbing because the Lancet and New England Journal of Medicine are respected, peer reviewed journals that are supposed to be above politics, as is the WHO.

Bh, some doctors--none at the WHO, apparently--chose to read the studies on their own and recognized that they should never have been published.

I've always been skeptical of claims about the politicization of medicine. But this whole hydroxychloroquine debacle has been rather eye-opening.

Laiya

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 7:48 am
ora_43 wrote:
Guys - we're talking about a delay of one week.

A massive study published in late May showed potential dangers of hydroxychloroquine.

Immediately after it was published, other scientists read the article and raised concerns about the results.

Based on their concerns, the journal looked into it, and decided to pull the article.

And now studies that were paused one week ago based on the study are resuming.

Obviously if there was any deliberate dishonesty, that's a huge problem and should be dealt with severely. If the Lancet failed to screen the article properly, that's a huge problem and should lead to serious changes.

But overall, this shows the system working. People can't just get away with bad science; other scientists call them on it.

I'm happy it worked out, but I disagree that this is an example of the system working. Too often, when someone, physician, scientist or otherwise, says they think the CDC is wrong about something, or the FDA, or a prestigious peer-reviewed medical journal, or the WHO (perhaps less so recently), they are labeled as conspiracy theorist and anti-science. In this case, the error was simply too egregious to be dismissed.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics