Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Iso contact info for Camp Galei Monsey

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 10:12 pm
Hi, does anyone have the phone number for camp galei (talent camp) in Monsey, I believe run by Mrs Pollak?

Also, if anyone ever sent there, can you please give feedback on your experience and what the camp is like!
Thank you!

amother
Oak

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 10:32 pm
845-535-0008
I called for info and she said that it's only for girls that are in to talent/the arts. No fridays, no lunch, she doesn't know about transportation yet. It's not a typical daycamp with sports and cheering.
I spoke to afew people that sent in the past and a couple said that their girls were bored and klutzed alot. And the recital was nothing major & it's an extra fee.
It only pays to send if your daughter is really the type for it.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 10:45 pm
My daughter really has talent. Acting, drawing, singing etc
I want to give her lessons in all those areas in general.
Im wondering if they actually develop the talents in the camp? Work with real professionals?
What type of crowd sends?
My daughter loves the camp spirit, does it have any? She can do without sports, she does like swimming.
Meaning, are you getting the actual talents developed ? in a way that it can be a fair replacement for the cheering and camp atmosphere ?
Are the kids friendly? My daughter would not know anyone.

I dont care about lunch. I usually send lunch to camps anyhow

amother
Oak

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 10:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My daughter really has talent. Acting, drawing, singing etc
I want to give her lessons in all those areas in general.
Im wondering if they actually develop the talents in the camp? Work with real professionals?
What type of crowd sends?
My daughter loves the camp spirit, does it have any? She can do without sports, she does like swimming.
Meaning, are you getting the actual talents developed ? in a way that it can be a fair replacement for the cheering and camp atmosphere ?
Are the kids friendly? My daughter would not know anyone.

I dont care about lunch. I usually send lunch to camps anyhow

It's a chassidish daycamp. My neighbors daughter is very talented and she was bored there. It was too low key. She needed more cheering and camp spirit. I think you should call up and ask about how professional it is & if your daughter is the type for it. She's very honest. For some kids, low key is perfect.
They used to have high schoolers as teachers/counselors but that may have changed.
They don't know yet about swimming, that depends on the guidelines.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 11:16 pm
What age is the camp for?
Was your talented neighbor bored because of cheering and camp spirit, or because the talents weren't being all that developed and not run properly?
Thanks

amother
Oak

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 11:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What age is the camp for?
Was your talented neighbor bored because of cheering and camp spirit, or because the talents weren't being all that developed and not run properly?
Thanks

It's from 1st through 8th.
She was bored because of the non camp spirit and they didn't learn anything major talentwise.
But I think this really depends on the kid, that's why I'm suggesting you call with all your questions, describe your daughter, & she'll tell you if she's the right fit.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 11:29 pm
Thanks for your responses and honesty. I will call

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 12:26 am
There is a camp called Galei Ruach. A senior division of LaRuach for Yeshivish girls. Not to be confused. Laruach@gmail.com

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 12:34 am
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
There is a camp called Galei Ruach. A senior division of LaRuach for Yeshivish girls. Not to be confused. Laruach@gmail.com

LaRuach is a regular daycamp. OP is referring to Galei talent camp.

chava101

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 7:58 pm
OP - which age is your daughter? I am looking for something like this for my dd. She is advanced in most areas. I'm wondering if there are any other options in Monsey. Could you pm me?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries