Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do very unattractive people know they’re very unattractive?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

yksraya

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 1:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I agree it’s just not truthful to pretend everyone’s looks are beautiful

No one is pretending that...

Still not ok to say ugly for someones looks. There are plenty of ways to word it nicer.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 1:44 pm
yksraya wrote:
No one is pretending that...

Still not ok to say ugly for someones looks. There are plenty of ways to word it nicer.

Good I changed the title for all the tsidkaniyot here who were so upset at the word. Please please please I beg your forgiveness every one of you

amother
Magenta

Quote:
IRL, I don't believe people are ugly unless their insides are.

You don't know any people who are physically unattractive and are beautiful inside?

The OP was just using a stronger term for physically unattractive.

tigerwife

notshanarishona wrote:
I don’t know if I have ever noticed someone as being ugly. I will notice those who are gorgeous, etc but I have never identified a person as being ugly. What makes someone ugly? One can be fat , have pimples, a double chin, facial hair but those are all temporary blemishes.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wik.....Bevan

Heartbreaking story. I don’t even think she’s that ugly.

giselle

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 1:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
No. What’s pretty shocking here is all these holier than thou people not hesitating to call me ugly but pretending to be so offended at what I said.

I’m not offended because I’m very attractive.

Btw do you really think your new title is better? Confused

yksraya

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 1:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Good I changed the title for all the tsidkaniyot here who were so upset at the word. Please please please I beg your forgiveness every one of you

Oddly I still see the word "ugly" in the title.

tigerwife

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 1:47 pm
I forget her name but recently there was a woman who called herself the ugliest woman in the world. She became a motivational speaker and an icon for body positivity. She also had a condition that strongly affected her physical appearance but she believed she was more than just her looks and rose to fame as an inspiration. Wish I remembered her name.

Einikel

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 1:50 pm
tigerwife wrote:
I forget her name but recently there was a woman who called herself the ugliest woman in the world. She became a motivational speaker and an icon for body positivity. She also had a condition that strongly affected her physical appearance but she believed she was more than just her looks and rose to fame as an inspiration. Wish I remembered her name.

Lizzie Velasquez
https://instagram.com/littleli.....4ehu0

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 1:56 pm
giselle wrote:
I’m not offended because I’m very attractive.

Btw do you really think your new title is better? Confused

Thanks for proving the post I wanted to make all the tsidkaniyot here claimed their problem was with the term ugly. I knew it’s not. You just proved, thanks,

Fox

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 1:56 pm
I don't know the answer to the OP's question, but I think we have plenty of evidence that the intellectually challenged obviously don't realize that they're intellectually challenged.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 1:58 pm
I also never knew anyone actually thought this way.
I am horrified that some people really disrespect women or anyone in this manner.

Ugly is very subjective and such an extreme and final word on one's looks.
I've never in my life thought that someone was ugly.
Crying

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 1:58 pm
Fox wrote:
I don't know the answer to the OP's question, but I think we have plenty of evidence that the intellectually challenged obviously don't realize that they're intellectually challenged.

LOL

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 2:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for proving the post I wanted to make all the tsidkaniyot here claimed their problem was with the term ugly. I knew it’s not. You just proved, thanks,

Lol, she didn't prove anything. You removed one ugly but left the second one there.

ETA: Okay, now you removed the second as well. But the second one was still there when Giselle replied to you.

Ora in town

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 2:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

It does not really make the question better...

The original question made think that you felt very superiour to those "unattractive" people...
The new wording does not change that.

It also gives the impression that you are very quick to judge people by their exterior appearance...

A journal once published portraits of different world leaders by cutting out just the face, without the hair.

Suddenly "beautiful" japanese Premier Junichiro Koizumi looked very hard and unattractive, same for Hillary Clinton. Whereas Angela Merkel suddenly looked like a nice grandma... Without the hair, she was the most "attractive" of the bunch...

I love it when people are very concentrated or very happy. This is what makes their faces beautiful. When they shine, they are beautiful...

Last edited by Ora in town on Sun, Jun 07 2020, 3:07 pm; edited 2 times in total

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 2:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

It's funny. When I read ugly, I thought physically ugly. When I read attractive, it could go either way. I know people who are physically on the ugly side but who are tremendously attractive due to character, comportment, etc.

tigerwife

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 2:05 pm
Einikel wrote:
Lizzie Velasquez
https://instagram.com/littleli.....4ehu0

Thank you!

Ora in town

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 2:05 pm
Fox wrote:

I have friend who is "intellectually challenged", and believe you me, she realises it.
However, she developed a lot of good mides to make up for it. She is not arrogant... she is modest, she is not vindictive,not resentful... she is always ready to help, she is very loving with the outcasts of society and older, lonely ladies...
Perhaps that's why she is my friend...

Genius

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 2:12 pm
To answer the original question human beings tend to see the good in themselves and sidestep their own shortcomings (People are subjective)
So no I don’t think people who are unattractive think that they are unattractive.
The fact is though that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Every person is beautiful to some people.
PS I know many people who once were ugly and aren’t anymore. Fixed or covered horrible hair, Took off unsightly birth marks, bought prettier glasses or changed to contacts, and wear good makeup

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 2:16 pm
Fox wrote:
I don't know the answer to the OP's question, but I think we have plenty of evidence that the intellectually challenged obviously don't realize that they'reTo intellectually challenged.

I think it’s very nice and very not hypocritical that the people here don’t have any problem with calling people stupid
What a bunch of

Ora in town

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 2:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I think it’s very nice and very not hypocritical that the people here don’t have any problem with calling people stupid
What a bunch of

Why don't you step out of anonymity?
In my view, it is not very courageous to ask this kind of questions under the cover of anonymity.
Page 5 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics