Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Police shot and killed another black man
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 8:01 am
leah233 wrote:
It doesn't work that way. You can't commit a crime and offer to walk away instead of getting arrested.

Being behind the wheel of a car with keys in the ignition while drunk is legally considered drunk driving. And drunk drivers are potential murderers.

If people have the option to claim "I will just walk away" you may as well say good bye to the drunk driving laws.

This happens, and people are issued a summons.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 8:03 am
leah233 wrote:
It doesn't work that way. You can't commit a crime and offer to walk away instead of getting arrested.

Being behind the wheel of a car with keys in the ignition while drunk is legally considered drunk driving. And drunk drivers are potential murderers.

If people have the option to claim "I will just walk away" you may as well say good bye to the drunk driving laws.

Its not the people with the option - its the policeman.

This was IMHO over policing.

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 8:04 am
What is wrong with this world? The COP escalated things? By wanting to arrest a drunk driver? And not the guy who resisted arrest and stole a taser gun? Really???
Obviously hindsight is 20/20 and if the cop knew that arresting him would lead to his death I’m sure he’d let him walk home. But in that moment? He did what he should have.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 8:07 am
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
What is wrong with this world? The COP escalated things? By wanting to arrest a drunk driver? And not the guy who resisted arrest and stole a taser gun? Really???
Obviously hindsight is 20/20 and if the cop knew that arresting him would lead to his death I’m sure he’d let him walk home. But in that moment? He did what he should have.

For context - drunk driver was man found asleep in a drive through line.

shoshanim999

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 8:11 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
1. Policeman sees that man is drunk.

2. Man says that he can walk home rather than drive.

3. Policeman could ask for his keys, and walk him, or drive him to where he is going.

4. Everyone is alive in the morning.

5. The following morning man gets drunk again and hits a school bus.

I'm assuming you're trolling here.

Are you really saying that when a cop sees a person DRIVING DRUNK they should be given the opportunity to turn in their keys and walk home? Because that's what you said.

princessleah

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 8:17 am
We’re aware that police tase people all the time, right? To subdue them.
If a police officer was trying to tase me could j shoot him in self-defense?

Sebastian

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 8:19 am
Yes why couldn't they tase the guy instead of shooting?

I'm usually propolice but this just sound like a nutty drunk guy.

shoshanim999

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 8:33 am
princessleah wrote:
We’re aware that police tase people all the time, right? To subdue them.
If a police officer was trying to tase me could j shoot him in self-defense?

Firstly, I don't think the thug was going to carefully tase the cop in a non lethal manner. He was running and turned around and aimed the taser at the cop. Had the cop been tased in the eyes by a high voltage taser, I'd imagine he could be permanently blinded. Secondly the criminal stole the cops taser. The cop might not have had his taser anymore and had to use his gun. Thirdly, the criminal wasn't exactly cooperating earlier with the police. He resisted arrest and stole the cops weapon. It is very unlikely the cops did a thorough search of this man to determine whether he was armed. What if he had a real gun on him? The pursuing cop has to make a split second decision when he sees a weapon being pointed at him. Is it *only* a taser or is it a gun? What if it was a gun?

The lesson here is don't drive drunk, resist arrest, steal a cops weapon, flee the seen, turn your head and point a weapon at a pursuing officer. If a criminal manages to violate all these things then don't blame the officer for using deadly force.

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 8:35 am
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
I saw a video clip from the beginning of the incident where the drunk man was not answering yes or no about the sobriety test, frustrating the officer, but he offered to walk home to his sister's house nearby instead of taking his car.

This could have been deescelated, right there.

Why should he have been let go? It is a crime to drive drunk for which he deserved to be arrested

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 8:39 am
Police Shoot and kill white men all the time - that is what Fake News hides from you -
because it destroys the narrative that Cops (and America) are Racist and committing
Genocide against African-Americans.

Numerous studies prove that there isn't disproportionate killing of black men by the police.

Blessing1

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 8:39 am
Sebastian wrote:

Because the guy stole his taser!
The cop did the right thing, they should have the right to defend themselves. They have a gun for a reason.
The black community has become very good at playing victim and hanging on to old stories that justice has already been paid for. They don't want equality, they have that. They want to be superior. They won't be happy till the rest of the world kneels on their knee's for them.

Last edited by Blessing1 on Sun, Jun 14 2020, 8:54 am; edited 2 times in total

Sebastian

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 8:42 am
Blessing1 wrote:
Because the guy stole his taser!
The cop did the right thing, they should have the right to defend themselves.

The cop wasn't alone, his partner has his taser.

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 8:43 am
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
This is all just so sad. In my pre-religious days, I went out nearly every weekend to party. One weekend, I went out with my friends. I don’t remember ANYTHING except that we went to a club. I got super drunk. According to my friends, we left the club and I began picking fights with random people. Someone called the cops and in my drunken stupor, I fought the police. Woke up in jail. No memory at all of anything. I wasn’t charged with anything and was only taken to jail until I sobered up. So I feel for the guy if he was drunk. I’m not small at all, 5’9, was about 150 then, and my friends say I was really giving the cops a hard time. But they also have to protect themselves. It’s just sad.

A person is responsible for their actions- no one should be drinking enough that they are getting into fights with people. And as soon as they get behind the wheel drunk they are no better off than a murderer with a gun. Drunk driving is no joke.

Blessing1

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 8:43 am
Sebastian wrote:
The cop wasn't alone, his partner has his taser.

It doesn't matter, the cop still did the right thing. You steal police property, you get shot.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 8:45 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
For context - drunk driver was man found asleep in a drive through line.

For context- drunk driver resisted arrest, and stole a taser, and aimed it at police.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 8:46 am
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
This is all just so sad. In my pre-religious days, I went out nearly every weekend to party. One weekend, I went out with my friends. I don’t remember ANYTHING except that we went to a club. I got super drunk. According to my friends, we left the club and I began picking fights with random people. Someone called the cops and in my drunken stupor, I fought the police. Woke up in jail. No memory at all of anything. I wasn’t charged with anything and was only taken to jail until I sobered up. So I feel for the guy if he was drunk. I’m not small at all, 5’9, was about 150 then, and my friends say I was really giving the cops a hard time. But they also have to protect themselves. It’s just sad.

Were you drunk driving?Did you grab away the cops taser? And shoot?
I think that is the difference.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 8:49 am
Sebastian wrote:

The officer with the taser was further away than the one with the gun. Maybe he was too far away for it to reach, or maybe he was scared of hitting his partner?
Also, it looked to me like he did fired his taser as soon as the guy started running, but missed. Can a taser be used again immediately after it was used, or is there a “reloading” period where you have to wait?

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 8:49 am
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
Were you drunk driving?Did you grab away the cops taser? And shoot?
I think that is the difference.

Yeah, I'm not sure what her story has anything to do with the context of the discussion here.

asmileaday

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 8:52 am
shoshanim999 wrote:

..snip

The lesson here is don't drive drunk, resist arrest, steal a cops weapon, flee the seen, turn your head and point a weapon at a pursuing officer. If a criminal manages to violate all these things then don't blame the officer for using deadly force.

Omg this!
Hello? You don't get to act like this and then cry oh he's black that's why it happened. Unreal.

If this perp would've been white it would've ended the same way.

It's sick what this world is coming to.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 8:54 am
shoshanim999 wrote:
5. The following morning man gets drunk again and hits a school bus.

I'm assuming you're trolling here.

Are you really saying that when a cop sees a person DRIVING DRUNK they should be given the opportunity to turn in their keys and walk home? Because that's what you said.

I'm not trolling.

The cop saw a man behind the wheel of a car that wasn't moving... as far as I understand it.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics