Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
So....which sleepaway camps ARE opening?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 10:31 am
And are they expanding this summer? Will you be sending your kid to a new camp this summer because their regular camp is closed?

What are the PA camps (right wing orthodox) that are open this year?

I heard of Raninu for girls. What else is open?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 10:42 am
Just adding that I see Dina is open (CDG) and Camp Bonim for boys.

Anyone know if these camps still have room/are expanding?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 10:45 am
Camps that are opening barely have room for their own. Camp Agudah is only taking grades 7-9 to New Hampshire, not the younger division or any of their girls camps. I don't see why they'd take new applications now. Their registration closes half a year before camp starts.

Stars

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 10:46 am
No one will be taking new applicants now. Make alternate plans.

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 11:27 am
Camp shoresh for boys is opening in Pennsylvania even tho they are usually in the swan lake area.
And they are taking applicants

Odelyah

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 12:56 pm
I got an email from Camp Achim stating that in spite of the statement from the NY health department, they are still hoping to open this summer. Does anyone know what this means?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 1:00 pm
Odelyah wrote:
I got an email from Camp Achim stating that in spite of the statement from the NY health department, they are still hoping to open this summer. Does anyone know what this means?

A lot of camps are offering day camp on their premises, with or without transportation from bungalow colonies. Or it can mean they're relocating to another state.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 1:03 pm
Lots of camps are planning to open in different ways. The ones who have 16 years and older are declaring their camps a college campus and are opening that way. For the younger boys, many are renting out bungalows in bungalow colonies.

I have heard some plan to open like usual and let the govt deal with sending them home - a version of it's easier to say sorry than ask permission.....

Just One

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 1:04 pm
Many Catskills based camps are looking into out of state options. For post high school yeshiva boys some camps are opening up as a college program

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 1:04 pm
This is only for boys, btw, As far as I heard, none of the girls camps are opening.

Also, all camps will have some version of day campers

Just One

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 1:06 pm
I know of two chassidish girls camps working hard on girls camps in Pennsylvania

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 1:07 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
Lots of camps are planning to open in different ways. The ones who have 16 years and older are declaring their camps a college campus and are opening that way. For the younger boys, many are renting out bungalows in bungalow colonies.

I have heard some plan to open like usual and let the govt deal with sending them home - a version of it's easier to say sorry than ask permission.....

Can't Believe It At wits end Not listening Nerd Im with stupid At wits end What Scratching Head

Sorry they all fit my response.

Odelyah

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 2:11 pm
ra_mom wrote:
A lot of camps are offering day camp on their premises, with or without transportation from bungalow colonies. Or it can mean they're relocating to another state.

I don't think so-- I reread it and it says they are still hopeful they will be able to open in their own facility-- and I don't think they mean day camp because Achim is far from the majority of bungalow colonies. I was just wondering if anyone had any inside info! Smile

Odelyah

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 2:13 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
This is only for boys, btw, As far as I heard, none of the girls camps are opening.

Also, all camps will have some version of day campers

Also my daughter is supposed to have a job at Sternberg... are they definitely closed?

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 2:57 pm
Odelyah wrote:
Also my daughter is supposed to have a job at Sternberg... are they definitely closed?

We haven’t heard but are assuming both shma camps are closed. Kids are making alternate plans.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 3:30 pm
Camp Agudah Midwest (in Michigan) and the Maarava Camps (in Indiana) are opening, but there will be restrictions on age and travel.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics