Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Now the Left is angry at J.K. Rowling
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

simcha2

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 2:11 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Women attacked more by Men, not transgenders. But the POLICY of allowing men to
enter women's restrooms have increased assaults on Women and children.

It is obvious that the goal is to eliminate all separate s*x institutions - boys scouts must accept girls, women's restrooms and prisons must accept men, women's sports must accept men...

Source for your first paragraph. That allowing people to use the bathroom they're comfortable with has increased assaults. That the same people who perpetuated assaults would have been stopped if ordered gender bathrooms were prohibited.

Actually, a source for your second paragraph too. (The plural of anecdote isn't data). Opinion isn't fact.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 2:19 pm
simcha2 wrote:
Source for your first paragraph. That allowing people to use the bathroom they're comfortable with has increased assaults. That the same people who perpetuated assaults would have been stopped if ordered gender bathrooms were prohibited.

Actually, a source for your second paragraph too. (The plural of anecdote isn't data). Opinion isn't fact.

Why would you need a source that allowing men into women's bathrooms increases assaults on women??

It seems common sense is not so common these days.

chanatron1000

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 2:23 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
Why would you need a source that allowing men into women's bathrooms increases assaults on women??

Allowing? There typically isn't any enforcement for the signs, and men who want to assault women are extremely unlikely to respect a sign that says "Women only".

simcha2

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 2:31 pm

Because just because something "seems" true, doesn't actually make it true.

(Like the jews controlling the media etc.)

Most people who are going to assault someone in a bathroom aren't going to be stopped by a sign on the door.

If you are going to make claims, you need to be able to back them up. That is how debate works.

ora_43

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 2:59 pm
Just so it's clear, I don't think JK Rowling's big issue is the bathroom thing. By and large public bathrooms don't really need to be "safe spaces" - the reason they are safe isn't that there's any real effort to keep men out (it's always been an honor system), it's that they're very public.

If chv"s a violent man wants to attack a woman in an isolated public restroom, that can happen with or without a 'transgenders not welcome' sign.

The issue is more with places like women's locker rooms and women's shelters where there is an expectation that it be a p*nis-free zone (she doesn't even have an issue with post-op transgender people using those spaces, if I'm understanding her right - only with people who have male bodies insisting on sharing space with women, like those in shelters, who've been violated by male bodies).

That, and the whole insistence on using terms like "people who menstruate", ie, taking the "women's" out of women's health. It's a kind of erasure.

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 3:55 pm
chanatron1000 wrote:
What if someone feels threatened by being constantly mistaken for a threat?

What if someone who is a threat feels threatened by being constantly mistaken for a threat (because s/he does not see themselves as a threat)?

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 5:00 pm

Men? Or transgender women? Because every study has shown that the latter doesn't increase assaults at all.

I'm sure I posted this earlier, but here it is again

https://www.nbcnews.com/featur.....11106

If you have evidence to the contrary, let's have it.

IMNSHO, make all restrooms co-ed. With walls and doors, who cares. It would require additional facilities, though, as there would not be urinals.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 5:08 pm
the issue is not whether everyone agrees with her; the issue is what the Left feels it is okay to do vilify boycott smear and more when someone does not agree with them

the issue is how we view free speech and tolerate opinions that differ from our own

and how we treat people who may hold different opinions than do we

simcha2

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 5:17 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
the issue is not whether everyone agrees with her; the issue is what the Left feels it is okay to do vilify boycott smear and more when someone does not agree with them

the issue is how we view free speech and tolerate opinions that differ from our own

Was it different when people burned her books when she insulted Trump?

Or when members of the NRA called for a boycott of Delta airlines after they ended a promotion for members.

Or when Trump vilified the NYT or CNN? Or any number of individuals?

(And seriously, why so many amothers? )

imorethanamother

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 5:22 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:

As I stated earlier, when Helen Thomas told Jews to go back to Poland, she was fired a few days later. I didn't see anyone sticking up for her free speech then.

Free speech is exactly that, and unfortunately, we too have classified a lot of speech as not being allowed, or being punished by some pretty harsh consequences.

chanatron1000

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 6:18 am
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
What if someone who is a threat feels threatened by being constantly mistaken for a threat (because s/he does not see themselves as a threat)?

A person who is a threat cannot be mistaken for a threat.

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 6:25 am
chanatron1000 wrote:
A person who is a threat cannot be mistaken for a threat.

They can FEEL that they were mistaken for a threat, and until they have actually done something that proves they were a threat, there is no proof that there wasn't a mistake.

Let's say a male drag queen walks into a women's bathroom, and a mother with a small child and a child old enough to wait outside the stall sees the drag queen and presses the imaginary emergency button. Security come. They ask what happened. The mother says she does not feel that her child is safe with a drag queen in the bathroom. She cannot bring both children into the stall, the older child should be safe standing right beside the door but isn't safe when there is a drag queen in the room.

The drag queen claims transgender immunity, and says she/he was just going to the bathroom, loves children, has never hurt children, is not a threat.

The drag queen can now sue the mom for feeling threatened and calling security.

But what if this drag queen WAS a threat? Well, there is no proof yet, because the mother was alert. Finding proof would entail legal procedures to examine whether this particular drag queen has a record of molesting or making inappropriate comments to children (quite a few do). That won't come to light unless it reaches court. But meanwhile, the drag queen FEELS threatened by the mother's alertness.

So until there is proof that the drag queen in question IS a threat and only the mother's alertness protected her children, this person is assumed to have been MISTAKEN for a threat.

We need proof that someone was a threat, and proof is not easy to find if you acted preventively.

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 6:28 am
SixOfWands wrote:
Men? Or transgender women? Because every study has shown that the latter doesn't increase assaults at all.

I'm sure I posted this earlier, but here it is again

https://www.nbcnews.com/featur.....11106

If you have evidence to the contrary, let's have it.

IMNSHO, make all restrooms co-ed. With walls and doors, who cares. It would require additional facilities, though, as there would not be urinals.

Transgender women aren't a threat, but they need to be properly transgender. Not just "identifying" as women on a given day. And they are not actually transgender if they do not want to remove the offending body parts - they're just crossdressers who take hormones.

OBnursemom

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 8:13 am
Fox wrote:
A guy on Twitter called me a "TERF" the other day -- it was obvious that this was the most heinous, egregious insult he could possible imagine. I thought it was pretty funny!

I would have had absolutely no idea what he was talking about. I never heard the term until yesterday.

simcha2

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 10:41 am
OBnursemom wrote:
I would have had absolutely no idea what he was talking about. I never heard the term until yesterday.

It's most offensive if he's referring to your haircut

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 10:53 am
Transgender women aren't a threat, but they need to be properly transgender. Not just "identifying" as women on a given day. And they are not actually transgender if they do not want to remove the offending body parts - they're just crossdressers who take hormones.

What qualifies you to determine whether or not someone is properly transgender. That's absurd.

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 11:15 am
SixOfWands wrote:
What qualifies you to determine whether or not someone is properly transgender. That's absurd.

In other words, there is no definition and whoever feels like identifying as female during a given hour is free to use the women's restroom?

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 11:35 am
Let me put it in plain language. I dont want my little girl sharing a bathroom with individuals with man parts. Period.

Just because its in vogue to "identify" with a different gender doesnt mean you turn the whole system upside down to satisfy them. Make a separate bathroom for them. Many rest areas have them.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 11:36 am
In other words, there is no definition and whoever feels like identifying as female during a given hour is free to use the women's restroom?

Do you feel the insanity yet?

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 11:42 am
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
Do you feel the insanity yet?

Years ago?
Page 6 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics