Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Now the Left is angry at J.K. Rowling
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 2:35 pm
The topic of public bathrooms is absurd. Instead of fighting over this for decades, can we just change the building codes to require true privacy in all stalls, so no one need care who is next door?

Thank you.

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 2:36 pm
Right banana

sadly enough its a warning to everyone

and the more it is catered to and not stopped the worse it gets R"L

banana123

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 2:47 pm
ora_43 wrote:
JK Rowling's statement on the whole issue is really well written. Which I guess shouldn't be surprising.

J.K. Rowling Writes about Her Reasons for Speaking out on relations and Gender Issues

Trans activists who think any mention of biological womanhood is anti-trans are absurd, and should be ignored. What meaning does the concept "trans" even have without the concept of biological s-x?

How can you have SSA or same sx marriage if sx does not exist in the first place?

imorethanamother

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 2:49 pm
Something just occurred to me. When Psycho Senator (she who must not be named) spouted all her anti- Semitic rhetoric, we found her speech dangerous. We called for her resignation and when she didn’t comply, pressured other government officials to ostracize her. Whenever anyone spouts anti-Semitic Slurs and hate speech, we report it. Holocaust denial is a crime in some countries. Look what happened to Helen Thomas.

We weren’t wrong. We aren’t wrong. But maybe we are lying in the bed we made. How can we make the point that only someone else’s speech is dangerous and not ours?

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 3:03 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
The topic of public bathrooms is absurd. Instead of fighting over this for decades, can we just change the building codes to require true privacy in all stalls, so no one need care who is next door?

Thank you.

It's not enough. If you are the only one in the bathroom, having true privacy in all stalls is dangerous. It means whoever walked in before you can walk out as you walk in, yank you into the stall, close the door, and you can't even stick your shoe out to ask for help.

You need separate anterooms as well as separate stalls.

Raisin

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 3:22 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
It’s crazy that America, land of the free speech, has now become a place where you’re too terrified to speak.

And Daniel Radcliffe had to make some public response declaration so he can feel good about himself and kick the person who’s responsible for his fame, well, that’s just sad. No hakaras hatov.

Maybe you are correct, but neither JK Rowling or Daniel Radcliffe are American.

Good for JK Rowling. I entirely agree with her. Not that I think bathrooms or changing rooms are a huge issue (I dunno, I lock the door) but spaces such as women's only swimming pools, shelters, gyms etc are more of a problem.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 3:31 pm
How do liberals work? I’m very openminded, accepting of every kind, but if you don’t agree with me I will hate you and make sure everyone knows that?

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 3:35 pm
Guys,

We. Need. To. Get. Out.

My parents, refugees from the USSR, are extremely disturbed, and that's saying something. The America that they came to, that accepted them, taught them, gave them jobs, is going up in flames, and this should be a warning to everyone.

By no means am I an active proponent of Aliyah. If you want to move to Israel, amazing. If you want to live somewhere else, that's fine too. But the time has come to start thinking seriously about the next steps for us as a nation. This country is going down the drain.

When is "political correctness" going to turn into anti-semitism? Some say it already has. How about "black lives matter"? Their entire manifesto is written by rabid Jew-haters, and how long will it be before they are done with their false appreciation and turn on us?

SixOfWands

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 3:39 pm
banana123 wrote:
The left gets angry at anyone who disagrees with them on anything, no matter how small it is, and regardless of whether that person agrees with them on everything else.

And yet it’s the right that starts countless threads. How DARE anyone on the left say such a thing. Dozens and dozens. Demonizing anyone who dares to disagree with the true gospel of the right. Accusing them of not being Jews.

If you publish an opinion, you can expect others to disagree with you. That’s freedom of speech. Not the echo chamber that right wingers seem to want.

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 4:00 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
It's not enough. If you are the only one in the bathroom, having true privacy in all stalls is dangerous. It means whoever walked in before you can walk out as you walk in, yank you into the stall, close the door, and you can't even stick your shoe out to ask for help.

You need separate anterooms as well as separate stalls.

Have it all separate. It's worth the extra money to avoid all this very expensive debate.

I always hated these stall bathrooms anyway.

chanatron1000

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 4:40 pm
There should be some kind of emergency button in restrooms. Maybe also a scream detector.

shaqued_almond

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 4:42 pm
imorethanamother wrote:
Something just occurred to me. When Psycho Senator (she who must not be named) spouted all her anti- Semitic rhetoric, we found her speech dangerous. We called for her resignation and when she didn’t comply, pressured other government officials to ostracize her. Whenever anyone spouts anti-Semitic Slurs and hate speech, we report it. Holocaust denial is a crime in some countries. Look what happened to Helen Thomas.

We weren’t wrong. We aren’t wrong. But maybe we are lying in the bed we made. How can we make the point that only someone else’s speech is dangerous and not ours?

I dont think its the same. What is being declared transphobic is stating biological facts and criticizing discrimination of women on "behalf' of transwomen. Trans women cant have periods, their brain, body and psyche develops differently from bio women. Therefore a transwoman cant claim to have the same experiences even with surgeries and hormones.

Antisemitism is based on prejudice and lies, I.e. jews controll the world, all jews are rich and greedy. In a way those two oppose each other.

sequoia

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:16 am
JK Rowling speaking the truth.

“We’re living through the most misogynistic period I’ve experienced. Back in the 80s, I imagined that my future daughters, should I have any, would have it far better than I ever did, but between the backlash against feminism and a [filth]-saturated online culture, I believe things have got significantly worse for girls. Never have I seen women denigrated and dehumanised to the extent they are now. From the leader of the free world’s long history of s-xual assault accusations and his proud boast of ‘grabbing them by the p****’, to the incel (‘involuntarily celibate’) movement that rages against women who won’t give them relations, to the trans activists who declare that TERFs need punching and re-educating, men across the political spectrum seem to agree: women are asking for trouble. Everywhere, women are being told to shut up and sit down, or else.“

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:52 am
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
Have it all separate. It's worth the extra money to avoid all this very expensive debate.

I always hated these stall bathrooms anyway.

That's not feasible. It's not just money, it's also space. You'd have long lines for the restrooms if they were all like that.

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:53 am
chanatron1000 wrote:
There should be some kind of emergency button in restrooms. Maybe also a scream detector.

Emergency buttons are a great idea.

Scream detectors might go off when a hungry baby's mother needs to pee, or when dad changes baby's diaper...not a good idea. LOL

Plus the end result would just be quickly gagging the victim, or threatening to shoot if the victim screams.

banana123

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:54 am
flowerpower wrote:
How do liberals work? I’m very openminded, accepting of every kind, but if you don’t agree with me I will hate you and make sure everyone knows that?

Exactly.
I'm very openminded and accepting, unless you disagree with me.

chanatron1000

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 10:13 am
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
Emergency buttons are a great idea.

Scream detectors might go off when a hungry baby's mother needs to pee, or when dad changes baby's diaper...not a good idea. LOL

Plus the end result would just be quickly gagging the victim, or threatening to shoot if the victim screams.

Scream detectors could be like a silent alarm, and there are ways of dealing with false positives.

Chickensoupprof

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 10:26 am
Why does the world care seriously

chanatron1000

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 10:46 am
Chickensoupprof wrote:
Why does the world care seriously

It's important.

chanatron1000

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 10:47 am
"Progressive" misogyny is increasing.
Page 2 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics