Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Now the Left is angry at J.K. Rowling
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

banana123

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 8:56 am
chanatron1000 wrote:
In that case, the "either" is an unnecessary addition. Like the part you deleted, it applies in the context in which it was used.

Correct.

The proper sentence is:

Violence is not acceptable.

Period.

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 8:57 am
#BestBubby wrote:
Those who look obviously male should be barred.

If a trans looks totally like a female they would be allowed in.

And if someone feels threatened they should be able to report or call in security, without worrying about lawsuits.

shaqued_almond

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:04 am
simcha2 wrote:
Can you not see the irony of your post? Do you think that when antisemites believe that jews control the world they don't think they're speaking the truth? (How about if they bring "proof"? Jews have up x% of the world's population but often y% of the wealth).

Antisemitism is subjectively true to anti-semites, many who believe in false studies and some never met Jews in their life.
The statement "trans women are women" is objectively false. Women are female humans by definition. What makes them women are their female parts of reproduction which trans women are not born with. That doesn't mean that we can't have compassion for trans women. Personally I think it's none of my business what someone has under their clothing but it is a problem when we're forcing women who have been historically disadvantaged because of their weaker physique. Jews are a minority but we don't force people around us to submit to us, we only ask for safety and tolerance. Most people want safety and tolerance for trans people however it shouldn't be at the expense of others

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:07 am
chanatron1000 wrote:
Anti-trans violence is not acceptable either.

Gee, I wonder which is more prevalent

chanatron1000

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:12 am
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
And if someone feels threatened they should be able to report or call in security, without worrying about lawsuits.

What if someone feels threatened by being constantly mistaken for a threat?

fleetwood

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:16 am
SixOfWands wrote:
And yet it’s the right that starts countless threads. How DARE anyone on the left say such a thing. Dozens and dozens. Demonizing anyone who dares to disagree with the true gospel of the right. Accusing them of not being Jews.

If you publish an opinion, you can expect others to disagree with you. That’s freedom of speech. Not the echo chamber that right wingers seem to want.

You're 💯 correct! 99 percent of posts started in politics are anti Democrats/liberals/ the left..

chanatron1000

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:17 am
fleetwood wrote:
You're 💯 correct! 99 percent of posts started in politics are anti Democrats/liberals/ the left..

That has nothing to do with the left or right's attitude toward free speech and everything to do with the demographics of this forum.

simcha2

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:25 am
shaqued_almond wrote:
Antisemitism is subjectively true to anti-semites, many who believe in false studies and some never met Jews in their life.
The statement "trans women are women" is objectively false. Women are female humans by definition. What makes them women are their female parts of reproduction which trans women are not born with. That doesn't mean that we can't have compassion for trans women. Personally I think it's none of my business what someone has under their clothing but it is a problem when we're forcing women who have been historically disadvantaged because of their weaker physique. Jews are a minority but we don't force people around us to submit to us, we only ask for safety and tolerance. Most people want safety and tolerance for trans people however it shouldn't be at the expense of others

Of course antisemites think they're being asked (forced) to submit to jews.

If jews control the media and the government they're being forced to submit. What do you think the whole Soros conspiracy theory is?
Combine that with Rampano school districts etc.

People's perceptions don't make them true.

No one is forcing you to "submit" to trans women.

Personally I think the issues around sports are much more of a tangible issue. If you've been to a public bathroom with a trans woman you've almost certainly been unaware.

But, I think the fearmongering about trans people is as problematic as fearmongering of any group, like Jews.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:27 am
chanatron1000 wrote:
What if someone feels threatened by being constantly mistaken for a threat?

A "threat" is not a person you think might have the "wrong" plumbing walking into a restroom.

A "threat" is when you have a reasonable belief that the person may harm you.

The problem is when people conflate the two. When people see any person of color, or person with masculine features, as a threat.

#BestBubby

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:41 am
SixOfWands wrote:
A "threat" is not a person you think might have the "wrong" plumbing walking into a restroom.

A "threat" is when you have a reasonable belief that the person may harm you.

The problem is when people conflate the two. When people see any person of color, or person with masculine features, as a threat.

Most people think it is reasonable to be afraid when a male, who is obviously male, goes into a WOMEN'S restroom. Women and Girls (CHILDREN) have been assaulted by these obvious males. But those who worship PC believe these Women and children should be sacrificed on the altar of Political Correctness.

Those who are terrified of being "Un-PC" will never admit to logic.

#BestBubby

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:46 am
simcha2 wrote:
Of course antisemites think they're being asked (forced) to submit to jews.

If jews control the media and the government they're being forced to submit. What do you think the whole Soros conspiracy theory is?
Combine that with Rampano school districts etc.

People's perceptions don't make them true.

No one is forcing you to "submit" to trans women.

Personally I think the issues around sports are much more of a tangible issue. If you've been to a public bathroom with a trans woman you've almost certainly been unaware.

But, I think the fearmongering about trans people is as problematic as fearmongering of any group, like Jews.

Yes, people are being forced to SUBMIT to transgender.

Women and girls don't want MEN in their bathrooms and dressing rooms. And Men are destroying Women's sports.

s-xual Predators are allowed by law into women's restrooms where they HAVE assaulted women and children - this has already happened!

The goal is to ABOLISH separate sports and separate restrooms, dressing rooms, separate prisons. If you are a patient in hospital or nursing home you will be forced to room with opposite gender. Do you support that, Simcha2?

simcha2

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:54 am
#BestBubby wrote:
Yes, people are being forced to SUBMIT to transgender.

Women and girls don't want MEN in their bathrooms and dressing rooms. And Men are destroying Women's sports.

s-xual Predators are allowed by law into women's restrooms where they HAVE assaulted women and children - this has already happened!

The goal is to ABOLISH separate sports and separate restrooms, dressing rooms, separate prisons. If you are a patient in hospital or nursing home you will be forced to room with opposite gender. Do you support that, Simcha2?

Source for your final paragraph?

Which do you think has happened more
1) women attacked in women's bathrooms by men
2) women attacked in women's bathrooms by trans women?

If someone wants to attack someone in the bathroom it doesn't matter what the picture on the door is. It's fearmongering.

(As for the patients in hospitals, in the uk when I was growing up there were always mixed wards, not sure it was responsible for any assaults)

Fox

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:56 am
I'm less curious about restrooms and locker rooms (the latter would assume that I work out -- and that's clearly not happening!) and more curious about how posters feel about the impact on women's sports and about the argument that transgender transitioning is a de facto form of conversion therapy for gay individuals.

fleetwood

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 10:00 am
chanatron1000 wrote:
That has nothing to do with the left or right's attitude toward free speech and everything to do with the demographics of this forum.

Actually I disagree. There are many Democrats on this forum but they choose not to start ten posts a day unlike those on the right. It seems to me that the reason for the discrepancy is not demographics,it's just that they think about politics all day every day and as soon as fox news cones out with something anti Biden or anti liberal...boom there's a post in politics linking fox news.

#BestBubby

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 10:05 am
simcha2 wrote:
Source for your final paragraph?

Which do you think has happened more
1) women attacked in women's bathrooms by men
2) women attacked in women's bathrooms by trans women?

If someone wants to attack someone in the bathroom it doesn't matter what the picture on the door is. It's fearmongering.

(As for the patients in hospitals, in the uk when I was growing up there were always mixed wards, not sure it was responsible for any assaults)

Women attacked more by Men, not transgenders. But the POLICY of allowing men to
enter women's restrooms have increased assaults on Women and children.

It is obvious that the goal is to eliminate all separate s*x institutions - boys scouts must accept girls, women's restrooms and prisons must accept men, women's sports must accept men...

Last edited by #BestBubby on Mon, Jun 15 2020, 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total

saw50st8

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 10:15 am
Fox wrote:
I'm less curious about restrooms and locker rooms (the latter would assume that I work out -- and that's clearly not happening!) and more curious about how posters feel about the impact on women's sports and about the argument that transgender transitioning is a de facto form of conversion therapy for gay individuals.

I wouldn't have a problem if they switched everything to gender neutral sports. I don't fully understand why women and men can't play soccer or tennis together. I'd like to see the female gymnasts try some of the ring moves the men do and see if the men can compete in artistic ability.

But I'm not an athlete so I clearly have no skin in the game. It would make it much harder for women to compete at a professional level.

I don't think anyone knows enough about long term transgender transitioning yet. They are studying it now. but this is the first generation where being transgender is remotely accepted.

Fox

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 10:15 am
fleetwood wrote:
Actually I disagree. There are many Democrats on this forum but they choose not to start ten posts a day unlike those on the right. It seems to me that the reason for the discrepancy is not demographics,it's just that they think about politics all day every day and as soon as fox news cones out with something anti Biden or anti liberal...boom there's a post in politics linking fox news.

Honestly, this comes and goes. For a while in 2016-2017, virtually every political thread was started by a left-leaning Imamother. Some people lost interest; some people gained interest, and the balance of thread-starters changed. Follow the Politics forum long enough, and it will probably change back and forth a few times.

chanatron1000

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 10:16 am
#BestBubby wrote:

It is obvious that the goal is to eliminate all separate relations institutions - boys scouts must accept girls, women's restrooms and prisons must accept men, women's sports must accept men...

Is it? Because it makes more sense to go there directly than to say that it is okay to discriminate based on gender but not based on s-x. (I think maybe we should use bio-gender as a euphemism or something.)

fleetwood

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 10:19 am
Fox wrote:
Honestly, this comes and goes. For a while in 2016-2017, virtually every political thread was started by a left-leaning Imamother. Some people lost interest; some people gained interest, and the balance of thread-starters changed. Follow the Politics forum long enough, and it will probably change back and forth a few times.

There wasn't a politics section was there?

Fox

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 10:47 am
fleetwood wrote:
There wasn't a politics section was there?

It was lumped under Controversial Topics or Current Events, I think.
Page 5 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics