Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Can’t shake the feeling that I’m being irresponsible
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 2:17 pm
Daycamps are opening up in my area and my husband really wants them to go. In theory I really want them to...their social skills are suffering tremendously and they are so sick of each other (and of me). But I can’t shake the feeling that I would be an irresponsible parent by sending them. I am currently not working sending them for me to work is not a necessity...all the kids on my block will be going to camp and they will be aware of that. I just don’t know what to do

trixx

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 2:21 pm
Do you live in an area that's already seen deaths months ago?
I'm sorry but ill say it, and under my own name. Coronavirus is only still alive on imamother. Those of us living in communities that saw deaths before Pesach can assume some kind of herd immunity and we have every right to get back to normal life.

4g01o

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 2:22 pm
If everyone in your neighborhood is going then send them. The kids have had enough of being home. I'd give them a good summer to remember. Hatzlocho

hodeez

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 2:27 pm
It's not fair to the kids to be cooped up for so long

Supermom#1

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 2:43 pm
trixx wrote:
I'm sorry but ill say it, and under my own name. Coronavirus is only still alive on imamother. Those of us living in communities that saw deaths before Pesach can assume some kind of herd immunity and we have every right to get back to normal life.

oh, I love that line (in bold)!! and agree 100% .... (depending on location, of course)

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 2:48 pm
trixx wrote:

My monsey NY pediatrician completely disagrees with you. But what good is a medical degree when you have imamothers who know better..

trixx

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 2:55 pm
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
My monsey NY pediatrician completely disagrees with you. But what good is a medical degree when you have imamothers who know better..

And did monsey have the deaths that the Brooklyn neighborhoods did?

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 2:57 pm
Send the poor kid to daycamp!!
Coronavirus is long over.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 2:57 pm
trixx wrote:

I guess it depends on how much you want to risk for an "assumption."

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 2:58 pm
trixx wrote:
And did monsey have the deaths that the Brooklyn neighborhoods did?

YES. We were hit very very hard

trixx

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 2:59 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
I guess it depends on how much you want to risk for an "assumption."

FF, with respect, you are in Israel, where nobody knows anybody who caught it.

In Brooklyn communities, nobody knows anybody who DIDN'T catch it. I was exposed five times over (that I know of!!) since before Purim.

happyone

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 3:02 pm
I wont comment on your day camp decision, but Covid is very much alive. 50% of open states are today at 80-90% ICU capacity.

As children are low risk most people I know in the NY area are sending to day camps .

Last edited by happyone on Mon, Jun 15 2020, 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 3:03 pm
trixx wrote:

Sorry to bust your bubble but my relative was just diagnosed yesterday. Lives in Flatbush, works in boro park.

ora_43

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 3:10 pm
Are there camps that have decent safety protocols in place for avoiding transmission? For me that would be an important factor.

I don't think either way is irresponsible. Catching the virus is a risk, being bored and unhappy at home is a risk. There's nothing wrong with choosing the camp-risk over the home-risk. (since it's legal)

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 3:21 pm

That's funny cos my Monsey NY pediatrician told me its over too.

I don't think this is medical degree related at all...

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 3:30 pm

The difference between your pediatrician and Imamother. We definitely know who is lying, your doctor doesn't know s--- and he is claiming he does. Imamother is saying we don't know.

avrahamama

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 3:32 pm
ora_43 wrote:
Are there camps that have decent safety protocols in place for avoiding transmission? For me that would be an important factor.

I don't think either way is irresponsible. Catching the virus is a risk, being bored and unhappy at home is a risk. There's nothing wrong with choosing the camp-risk over the home-risk. (since it's legal)

This sounds reasonable.

essie14

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 3:34 pm
trixx wrote:
FF, with respect, you are in Israel, where nobody knows anybody who caught it.

In Brooklyn communities, nobody knows anybody who DIDN'T catch it. I was exposed five times over (that I know of!!) since before Purim.

What? There have been over 19,000 confirmed cases in Israel. I do know people who got Corona.
Maybe YOU don't know anybody who got it but you don't even live here.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 3:35 pm
I would just go with common sense at this point. Is anyone in your family in contact with anyone who is immunocompromised? If your kids are just going to camp and back home and you're not dragging them through old age homes, grocery stores etc or hugging their 84 year old bubby, you're not being irresponsible by sending them to a legally opened camp.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 3:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Daycamps are opening up in my area and my husband really wants them to go. In theory I really want them to...their social skills are suffering tremendously and they are so sick of each other (and of me). But I can’t shake the feeling that I would be an irresponsible parent by sending them. I am currently not working sending them for me to work is not a necessity...all the kids on my block will be going to camp and they will be aware of that. I just don’t know what to do

Listen to your inner voice telling you it’s not safe. It’s not. Lots of pediatricians say not to send. If you’re able not to, don’t. Otherwise you’ll feel guilty. Everyone should stay safe.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics