Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
The coronacampschoolpark masksocialdistance thread
Previous  1  2  3  Next

southernbubby

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 6:07 am
I finally went to Evergreen at 7 a.m. after not going to stores at all since before Pesach. I got sticker shock, even though I was warned that food had gone up. DIL has been going to the store for us and we were only getting essential items but some grandchildren are coming over and I needed junk.
Yesterday Olan Chessed gave out boxes of produce worth about $15 to $20. I got a box and shared it with my neighbors but I wondered how they can help big families who would need several boxes or what about people who don't have cars? It was very nice, however, after about 20 minutes in line.

ruchelbuckle

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 6:09 am
Truthfully, I’m scratching my head. What did we talk about before Coronavirus? That being said: should I rent a villa in Miami? What do you think? (Just kidding)

amother
Black

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 6:11 am
I’ll tell you what’s happening in my life right now.

- my sons camp will be opening in PA, but they have not given a price
- my daughters camp hasn’t given a straight answer what their plan is
- if they are not in camp, we will be going on a road trip. But many places are closed, and people are not having company, so we will most likely have to spend shabbos in a hotel, most likely without my husband.
- I can’t sign my third one up for regular day camp, because I don’t know when we will be home and when we will be away, and the camp that I would send to has said that once you register you need to pay whether you go to camp or not.
- we are switching one of my kids schools, but we don’t want to do it without speaking to the principal first, but after multiple emails we still have not heard back.
- my husband, who was on board with homeschooling if our school of choice doesn’t accept our child, has now switched his mind.
- I desperately need to get out of here, to clear my head and take a breath, but I don’t know when that will happen.

I can keep going if you want....

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 6:17 am
amother [ Black ] wrote:
I’ll tell you what’s happening in my life right now.

- my sons camp will be opening in PA, but they have not given a price
- my daughters camp hasn’t given a straight answer what their plan is
- if they are not in camp, we will be going on a road trip. But many places are closed, and people are not having company, so we will most likely have to spend shabbos in a hotel, most likely without my husband.
- I can’t sign my third one up for regular day camp, because I don’t know when we will be home and when we will be away, and the camp that I would send to has said that once you register you need to pay whether you go to camp or not.
- we are switching one of my kids schools, but we don’t want to do it without speaking to the principal first, but after multiple emails we still have not heard back.
- my husband, who was on board with homeschooling if our school of choice doesn’t accept our child, has now switched his mind.
- I desperately need to get out of here, to clear my head and take a breath, but I don’t know when that will happen.

I can keep going if you want....

Your brain seems to be related to mine. Different circumstances perhaps but same tangled confusion.

amother
Black

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 6:35 am
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
Your brain seems to be related to mine. Different circumstances perhaps but same tangled confusion.

Yup....

ExtraCredit

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 7:29 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
There is a right and wrong here. It's wrong to think solely of yourself or your own little world when it comes to health decisions that affect everyone else. It is right to try to get your needs met but only in a way that shows caring and understanding of others.

I agree with the rest of your statement Smile.

We’ll stick to the parts you agree with!

monkeymamma

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 7:35 am
The title of this thread reminded me of supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. Which word is longer?

ExtraCredit

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 7:38 am
monkeymamma wrote:
The title of this thread reminded me of supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. Which word is longer?

I actually counted! The word in the title is longer Very Happy
Gotta work on a song for it.

ExtraCredit

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 7:49 am
try this with same tune:
The coronacampschoolparkmasksocialdistance thread,
I was gettin sick of these so opened this instead,
Didn’t want to hear the same from morning until bed,
The Coronacampschoolparkmasksocialdistance thread.

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 9:21 am
Surplus wrote:
try this with same tune:
The coronacampschoolparkmasksocialdistance thread,
I was gettin sick of these so opened this instead,
Didn’t want to hear the same from morning until bed,
The Coronacampschoolparkmasksocialdistance thread.

Love the song! Welcome new ear worm...

We can discuss:
How much does מעלאנע (watermelon) cost in the winter

Spiders vs roaches

Winning the lottery

Design your dream ______

What’s worse! Lack of sleep vs lack of time to eat vs time to brush your teeth

ExtraCredit

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 9:52 am
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Love the song! Welcome new ear worm...

We can discuss:
How much does מעלאנע (watermelon) cost in the winter

Spiders vs roaches

Winning the lottery

Design your dream ______

What’s worse! Lack of sleep vs lack of time to eat vs time to brush your teeth

When I win the lottery I’d like to design my dream treehouse and throw a watermelon party there! Yours looks inviting! How do you keep spiders and roaches out? Do you sleep there?

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 10:13 am
Surplus wrote:
When I win the lottery I’d like to design my dream treehouse and throw a watermelon party there! Yours looks inviting! How do you keep spiders and roaches out? Do you sleep there?

You hire a guard to keep them out

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 10:15 am
Surplus wrote:
Can we finally all agree to disagree and get on with life or are we gonna fight about the same subject over and over again and keep yelling till we’re blue in the mask?
Seriously, we heard all sides of all arguments and the bottom line is that there’s no bottom line and therefore no right or wrong when it comes to anything related to covid-19.
Can anybody fill me in on any non covid related news I’ve been missing out on since March? Like for example what’s the weather like these days in your part of town?

It’s your opinion that there’s no right or wrong. Until there is consensus from the doctors there is a must for people to protect themselves and others by SD and wearing masks and gloves.

ExtraCredit

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 10:27 am
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
It’s your opinion that there’s no right or wrong. Until there is consensus from the doctors there is a must for people to protect themselves and others by SD and wearing masks and gloves.

Spin off please. This is a chillax thread.

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 10:27 am
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:

Sorry but these comments belongs on one of the gazillion other threads.

This thread is for watermelon, gazebos, spiders & smudged windows

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 1:58 pm
monkeymamma wrote:

Don’t know if ok to mention here but where did I recently see this with a covid theme? Words were changed around, it was hilarious.

ExtraCredit

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 2:07 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
Don’t know if ok to mention here but where did I recently see this with a covid theme? Words were changed around, it was hilarious.

You’re stepping into dangerous territory, but hilarious songs are acceptable. Wink

ExtraCredit

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 2:10 pm
I think it was in the humor thread

Surrendered

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 3:39 pm
My son just had a "Graduation Drive-thru!
The Morahs were standing outside dressed up, with a party like affair, to say GBye tl the kids...

Another son had a chulent Drive-thru on Thursday, where the Rebbis stood outside waving Hi to the kids!

4g01o

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 3:41 pm
Lol 🤣 thanks for the laugh!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics