Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Lakewood wedding august
Previous  1  2

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 9:40 am
I'm making a wedding am providing masks. But am pretty sure they won't be used much. Though I'm not in Lakewood, Williamsburg, boropark, or monsey, thats where most of the guests are coming from.
So we compromised on a smaller chuppah and meal so those who care can social distance. And leave after the first dance if they want.
And the simchas chosson v'kallah can be a "free for all".

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 9:42 am
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
I'm making a wedding am providing masks. But am pretty sure they won't be used much. Though I'm not in Lakewood, Williamsburg, boropark, or monsey, thats where most of the guests are coming from.
So we compromised on a smaller chuppah and meal so those who care can social distance. And leave after the first dance if they want.
And the simchas chosson v'kallah can be a "free for all".

If you are making the wedding you have the right to set the tone that everyone must wear masks - and send out an email in advance with info to guests.

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 9:44 am
I want to add: my parents made the decision not to it's just not safe to travel and be part of a crowd. So they got dressed for the wedding and my sister who lives nearby took their picture. They are having it blown up and a life sized cardboard cutout made and sent to me. So they can "be there" safely.
(Don't tell, it's a surprise)

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 9:46 am
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
If you are making the wedding you have the right to set the tone that everyone must wear masks - and send out an email in advance with info to guests.

I could-if the other side agreed. They are ok with me supplying the masks, but not with enforcing them.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 9:56 am
For those of you who are still social distancing please stay home! Weddings in Brooklyn monsey Lakewood are back to normal. If your still social distancing don’t go. The rest of us would like life to please return to normal. And yes there were a handful of people wearing a mask but they were usually the elderly grandparents.

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 10:02 am
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
For those of you who are still social distancing please stay home! Weddings in Brooklyn monsey Lakewood are back to normal. If your still social distancing don’t go. The rest of us would like life to please return to normal. And yes there were a handful of people wearing a mask but they were usually the elderly grandparents.

This is nasty. I’m sorry. It’s for the baal simcha to decide.
I was recently at an event I had to be at. We were packed in a room. I personally never had covid. It made me so nervous.
I admired the women standing in the back wearing masks and SD whatever their reason. And none of them were elderly.

And I think this behavior is going to make our normal life stop faster ch’v.
I’m hearing from Lakewood crowds in bugalo colonies kids and adults are getting sick. I know someone making a simcha who told family members not to come last min bec so many ppl are sick. I’m terrified for all this to come back to Lakewood.

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 10:22 am
amother [ Natural ] wrote:

Girl, I am 24, and I am so excited to wear my matching-mask-dress-duo at a wedding that will have a few hundred guests. And I am confident that I will be one of the only ones wearing a mask.

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 10:30 am
My sister is getting married in August. I hope the wedding will be as regular as it can be. We are not providing masks. If you feel the need to wear it, you are welcome to. If kids can go to day camp and ppl can protest, we can have a wedding. Don't come if you are nervous.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics