Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Planning a wedding in the world of corona israel

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 2:41 pm
Imh planning a wedding in the end of Av.
Currently regulations are up to 250 ppl. but we want to plan the wedding to lechatchila NOT be in a hall that may be shut down at some point, somewhere that we can go ahead even if it gets knocked don't to 100,50, or 20 participant.
I wish we had the huge 1 acre backyard we had in america....

Any ideas? Cheap plz - normally would do the wedding in a cheap hall, so comparable price

We spoke to the caterer we use for bar mitzva's he will bring tablecloths and dishes - so if the place has tables and chairs that's a plus (one less headache).

The designers people have been using are a fortune, has anyone looked into getting nice centerpieces,kallah chair and backdrop, chuppah ect in a gmach or rental. .
I see what these designers have done and I think I could do a nicer job myself if I had the equipment. I have a friend who would oversee my dh's students who would set up.

Also considering ordering the equipment on ali express - I can get everything for a couple thousand nis and still be way cheaper then the 20 nis quotes I am getting. Anyone tried this?

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 4:57 pm
Where in Israel are you?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 4:20 am
We are from jerusalem, boy is from petach tikva, can be anywhere an hour from both places.

Elfrida

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 5:44 am
It don't know how they would work price wise, but it might help to look at some Ganei Iru'im. Since they are all outside, they have a much better chance of being able to stay open, and people would feel happier coming.

When you are working on the guest list, give everyone a priority designation, specifying if they come under the list of fifty guest, one hundred guests, etc. That will help when you come to send out invitations.

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 5:47 am
We had a 100 people wedding in bustan Abu ghosh. It was all outdoors
My friend who made the wedding was very happy. They are a branch of sekoya

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 5:57 am
I went to an outdoor, beach wedding in Netanya. The chupah and meal wasn't on the sand, it was at this outdoor restauranish place nearby right on the sea. It was really lovely. I can try to look up the name of the place if you're interested.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 6:20 am
We really don't want to go the gan iruyim route because they are much more expensive then the regular cheap charedi halls - in our circles people don't gives checks to cover and we are on a budget....

We are willing to pend a bit more but not dramatically. Also my friend had a wedding in a gan iruyim canceled on her because the owner said it wasn't worthwhile if it was under 100 guests. Especially with the direction things are going I am afraid we will get stuck if things change - I don't want to constantly feel like we need to move the date, replan, change the venue...

I want to plan once in a place that can work for 250 or 20 ppl. depending on the hanchayot

Any ideas of a non - typical outdoor space for a wedding - I was thinking maybe a kfar noar or kibbutz with big open outdoor space that would give it to us for cheap, and then we could make it look like a really nice backyard wedding...

OH I REALLY REALLY MISS MY BACKYARD!!!!

Elfrida

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 6:30 am
That kind if space you could probably make work for a small wedding - say fifty guests.

Once you get larger than that, things like bathroom facilities and some kind of catering kitchen would be an issue. Even if all the food is prepared off the premises, they still need need somewhere to heat it up and serve it. The kitchen would need to work with their kashrut certificate, as well.

I've no idea what the law might be on this, but there may also be insurance issues involved if the space is not usually used for this kind of event.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 6:39 am
There's a tent at kibbutz Kfar Etzion that's probably the right size and budget. I don't know what kind of events they are doing now.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 6:41 am
Really?
my dd (kallah) said her high school takes them to a place in the golan and they have a couple hundred students, and she said a place like that would be perfect - an huge outdoor space, industral kitchen in a tent, a building with 10 bathrooms and showers and then they put the girls in army tents...
Thing is going all the way up to keshet isn't an option....

What would you do?
Have a reg. weddig plan + a backup option? how does that work with money?
Lechatchila plan a small wedding? we have a big family(I have 10 siblings and dh has 11) and the would be so hurt to not be invited if legally they could be invited, and the chosson and kallah have friends

I am terrified that we will have a wedding planned and have to scramble because hanchayot change last minute. I wan't to be emotionally present for my dd before she gets married - not stressing about the wedding....

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 6:42 am
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
There's a tent at kibbutz Kfar Etzion that's probably the right size and budget. I don't know what kind of events they are doing now.

ty will look into this

Elfrida

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 7:33 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Really?
my dd (kallah) said her high school takes them to a place in the golan and they have a couple hundred students, and she said a place like that would be perfect - an huge outdoor space, industral kitchen in a tent, a building with 10 bathrooms and showers and then they put the girls in army tents...
Thing is going all the way up to keshet isn't an option....

Keshet has a בית ספר שדה, and they have invested in facilities for it. That may or may not include a set up to accomodate evening events as well. It's a business, and while it might be cheaper than some wedding halls, I doubt they would do a favour and let you use it for cheap.

That not the same thing as a "non - typical outdoor space for a wedding - I was thinking maybe a kfar noar or kibbutz with big open outdoor space that would give it to us for cheap"

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 9:51 am
I've heard of a lady in Hebron who's really good at these corona-weddings (event planner I think) - anyone know her?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics