Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Boys camp clothing
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 6:07 am
So after pushing off for months buying DS clothes for camp, I know have to go on a buying spree to get an entire summer wardrobe in a very few short weeks. (Yes, I know everything will get ruined, so I'm looking for the cheapest possible without making him an outcast)
I live OOT and aside for knowing that Tiros are in style, we know nothing else about boys fashion.
Are there any other brands that are considered somewhat "cool". Any other pants I can buy him that are not in the $30 range???

Also, I saw Hollister has some really cheap tees - is that considered a normal brand?

Ora in town

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 6:13 am
I think they should have comfortable pants, no synthetics, and nothing you will regret when it gets torn..

Was this thread opened for product placement?

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 6:18 am
Ora in town wrote:
I think they should have comfortable pants, no synthetics, and nothing you will regret when it gets torn..

this does not address OPs questions.

Maybe a spinoff?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 6:29 am
Quote:

Was this thread opened for product placement?

Oh my, I am rolling here LOL
I just opened the other camp thread to get ideas and saw what you wrote there. That was the first time I had looked at that thread.
No, I am a real mother of a 12 yo boy and just want him to "fit in". That's a real thing in a life. Whether you believe it or not, and whether you agree with it or not, is not for me to be concerned about

avrahamama

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 6:32 am
I'd like a mix of stylish and functional suggestions. Also looking for summer appropriate pants for a boy size 12.

Fabulous

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 6:34 am
Ok sorry to say most boys really only wear tiros from adidas or underarmour. I keep an eye all year from Macy’s and adidas when they go on sale. 30 is not even bad, often full price is 40plus. They also wear t shirts like adidas, Nike etc. sport material and regular. Cool graphic t shirts can work too with sports or video game symbols

avrahamama

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 6:38 am
I found size 12 adidas tiros for 25 in macys.com

I'd still like to also have 2 pairs of cotton joggers. So he doesn't have a swampy situation down below on very hot days...

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 7:17 am
Quote:
Ok sorry to say most boys really only wear tiros from adidas or underarmour.

Crying Crying Crying
I was hoping this was not the case. I'm going to have to keep looking, because buying 10 pairs of pants at that price is just not happening over here.
Thanks for all the other suggestions.

chanar

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 7:18 am
I have a son the same age. He only wears Tiro’s! It’s like their uniform! As far as tshirts, you can find on Amazon some not too expensive adidas or Nike or under armour T-shirt’s.. sometimes kids foot locker has stuff on sale. And that’s really it for what the boys wear!

momX4

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 7:20 am
I found trios on Amazon for cheaper than at Adidas directly. My boys wear any cheap tshirt and sweatshirts (target,old navy).

momX4

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 7:22 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Quote:
Ok sorry to say most boys really only wear tiros from adidas or underarmour.

Crying Crying Crying
I was hoping this was not the case. I'm going to have to keep looking, because buying 10 pairs of pants at that price is just not happening over here.
Thanks for all the other suggestions.

Buy 2-3 Adidas and then other similar looking pants. That's what I did when my boys first went to camp. I slowly purchased more.

Costco also had Adidas for cheap a while back, but they arent the exact style that popular, my boys didn't care.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 9:41 am
Thanks for the ideas, I found a few "cheaper" tiros on Amazon to try

Now on to shirts. Are solid color cotton tees a no go? Only the performance material?

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 9:42 am
I could have written this exact post lol. Just bought my son a handful of tiros for camp as well. I opened this thread hoping I would hear that something other than tiros was in style! I keep the tiros in my Amazon save for later and check often for price drops and order then. (Doesn’t help your now) so it’s possible to stock up during the year in the $20-25 range. Because of the price, I’m sending him with closer to 8 pair instead of 10 and I’m making him take a couple pairs that already have small knee holes.

Fabulous

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 10:03 am
Yeah my son doesn’t go to sleep away yet, so
I can get away with having 4 pairs. And I stocked up on 3 of those now during corona times because the boys lived in them

imokay

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 10:39 am
Tiros do not have to be adidas, though they are the most prevalent. As long as they are slim fitting and not overly baggy, any brand is fine. It happens to be, the adidas don't fit my son well because of their sizing, but the target ones fit perfectly.
Hollister and a&f are perfect for tees.
Slides.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 12:58 pm
Quote:
Hollister and a&f are perfect for tees.
Slides.

Thank you!!!

Ora in town

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 1:26 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
this does not address OPs questions.

Maybe a spinoff?

How does this not address Op's questions?

I just avoided naming brand names.
And stated a preference for non-synthetic, while the brands you cited use 30-50% synthetic...

sky

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 1:34 pm
On Amazon place a price watch on tiros using camelcamel. It normally drops at some point.

Depends on camp - but send cotton pants for davening and Tisha b’av. They barely wear it otherwise.

Slides - under armour, adidas or Nike. Crocs.

Any T-shirt with sports company logo. I do very well tj max online in the past.

Shorts and sweatpants for pjs (they wear in bunkhouse)

At least 2 warm sweatshirts

Camping chair. Fan.

Eta - you don’t need 10 pairs of tiros. My son had 5 pairs. And 5 pairs cotton pants as back up and it was fine.

Last edited by sky on Wed, Jun 17 2020, 1:43 pm; edited 2 times in total

sky

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 1:37 pm
Ora in town wrote:
How does this not address Op's questions?

I just avoided naming brand names.
And stated a preference for non-synthetic, while the brands you cited use 30-50% synthetic...

THat is what makes the boys happy.
They know the imitations.
My son happens to ask for almost nothing.
If having these pants make him happy then that was easy.

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 1:51 pm
My son has tiros but happens to like wearing regular cotton pants most of the time. I like Zara and H&M. He prefers tees from Under Armour and the like, and I do very well in the outlets. He loves dri fit type of tees. I’ve bought some from Abercrombie because I personally like them, but he ends up wearing the other ones more often. Sneakers are usually the newest Nike style, which aren’t very cheap at all..
Btw, Tiros are a line from adidas, so any other company may make similar pants but they’re not tiros. Maybe depends on the crowd, but I know my kids would notice these things. And I haven’t seen any of his friends wearing anything but the “real deal”. So if your kid is the type to care, keep this in mind.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children