Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Similar To Imamother
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

malki2

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 2:59 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
I would like to discuss everything. Same topics as here, but with women who share more of my values/mentality.
I love love imamother but it sometimes gets tiring and frustrating to read response after response from posters who seem to be speaking a different language than me.

I also felt that way when I joined. However, IMHO, it’s actually a nice thing to hear different viewpoints (most of the time Hiding). Overall I think it’s a beautiful thing for achdus. At the end of the day, we are all Frum women in one way or another, and if the topics don’t get to haskafically polarized, there is sometimes a lot of meeting of the minds in a lot of ways. I know that I’m not always the shining example of bipartisanship over here, but I really do feel that way. Also, most people don’t get much of a chance to talk to others from other walks of life. Why break things up into different groups and lose out on that?

Last edited by malki2 on Wed, Jun 17 2020, 3:05 pm; edited 2 times in total

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 3:00 pm
So, yaalla, MO women, go to the MO group and start posting interesting things. Its so dead. Id love for there to be interesting conversations there Smile

behappy2

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 3:05 pm
I would also love a modern orthodox or dati liberal version of imamother.
I would NOT want a Facebook group. The whole fun here is being able to debate and discuss without having my personal identity splattered all over the net. I don't participate in Facebook groups that much, definitely not with people who I don't know personally or are not part of my local community.

I realize some people think that there is a major MO presence here, but really there isn't. Most posters here come with a right-wing NY mentality. So while it's fascinating to read about different lifestyles and values, I really wish there were such a forum where the bulk of people were on the more liberal side of orthodoxy.

I would like to discuss all the things we discuss here (debates, family, child raising, politics etc) but in a place where values like feminism are embraced rather than denigrated.

Is it that things get too heated or that you don't relate to answers given? I'm not MO, but I do appreciate the MO presence and learning from everyone, though I dislike that things get heated so fast and there is a lack of respect on both sides. I see a lot of put downs and defensiveness.

behappy2

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 3:08 pm
I'm wondering if it would help to have a forum here for everyone but the extreme right wing (does that include me?) Like that you can have your discussions but it includes more ppl and that way it can get more traffic but will be less arguing and more meeting of the minds. Or is that mean? Smile

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 3:43 pm
malki2 wrote:
I also felt that way when I joined. However, IMHO, it’s actually a nice thing to hear different viewpoints (most of the time Hiding). Overall I think it’s a beautiful thing for achdus. At the end of the day, we are all Frum women in one way or another, and if the topics don’t get to haskafically polarized, there is sometimes a lot of meeting of the minds in a lot of ways. I know that I’m not always the shining example of bipartisanship over here, but I really do feel that way. Also, most people don’t get much of a chance to talk to others from other walks of life. Why break things up into different groups and lose out on that?

I agree. It's one of the things I love about imamother. I've been here for years, and I've learned a lot about women I never would have had much contact with.
So yes, it's good for achdut.
However, I don't always want to be reading about other people's ways of life. Sometimes I feel like a stranger here. Sometimes I don't even bother replying because I know my point of view will be too odd for the rest of the posters to understand. Sometimes it would be nice to have a discussion with people who share more of the same values.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 3:47 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
So, yaalla, MO women, go to the MO group and start posting interesting things. Its so dead. Id love for there to be interesting conversations there Smile

I've never joined because I don't even really identify so much as MO. I'm Israeli so maybe more dati liberali? Or more on the left wing side of orthodoxy.
Anyway, I haven't joined any private groups. I'm guessing here would not be that many posters there.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 3:48 pm
behappy2 wrote:
Is it that things get too heated or that you don't relate to answers given? I'm not MO, but I do appreciate the MO presence and learning from everyone, though I dislike that things get heated so fast and there is a lack of respect on both sides. I see a lot of put downs and defensiveness.

This. I really don't relate to the answers often given.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 3:50 pm
behappy2 wrote:
I'm wondering if it would help to have a forum here for everyone but the extreme right wing (does that include me?) Like that you can have your discussions but it includes more ppl and that way it can get more traffic but will be less arguing and more meeting of the minds. Or is that mean? Smile

I don't think we should have an exclusionary forum (everyone but....). Yup, that would be mean Smile
Anyway, excluding right wing would exclude most of the posters here.

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 3:51 pm
Satmar doesnt let me in, I guess I'm not satmar enough. even though I was born there, raised there, kids go to yeshiva there, will prob be buried there, ...
So can I get into the MO group. I'd love to discuss evolution.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 3:55 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
Satmar doesnt let me in, I guess I'm not satmar enough. even though I was born there, raised there, kids go to yeshiva there, will prob be buried there, ...

Isn't it sad Hashkafa shut down...?

Then there is this - it used to be FrumTeens but has been rebranded...
http://www.jewswithquestions.com/

sequoia

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 3:55 pm
FGP on fb is an autocratic yeshivish dictatorship. The girl who runs it is a control freak regarding hashkafa, what she perceives as loshon hara, and a lot of other stuff.

JWTAA is okay.

PeanutMama

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 3:57 pm
There’s a Facebook group I used to be a part of
“Jewish women talk about anything”

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 3:58 pm
Well, I just requested to be allowed into the MO group. Maybe if enough of us do, we can get it more active!

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 3:59 pm
I've never joined because I don't even really identify so much as MO. I'm Israeli so maybe more dati liberali? Or more on the left wing side of orthodoxy.
Anyway, I haven't joined any private groups. I'm guessing here would not be that many posters there.
There ae quite a few of us israeli dati leumi gals there, all running the gamete of liberal to very dati, but we are there.
I say join, you never know Smile

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 4:00 pm
sequoia wrote:
FGP on fb is an autocratic yeshivish dictatorship. The girl who runs it is a control freak regarding hashkafa, what she perceives as loshon hara, and a lot of other stuff.

JWTAA is okay.
Whats FGP?

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 4:05 pm
then there was CalmKallah...

essie14

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 4:06 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
There ae quite a few of us israeli dati leumi gals there, all running the gamete of liberal to very dati, but we are there.
I say join, you never know Smile

Yup! Come join us, y'all!

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 4:12 pm

Why would you be refused access if you're part of the satmar community?

I don't understand...

ExtraCredit

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 4:25 pm
malki2 wrote:

I second this. I love seeing different views and opinions even if it’s completely different than what I believe. If I’d want all the same as mine I can just consult myself all the time.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 4:29 pm
then there was CalmKallah...

LOL LOL

That site was troll central.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics