Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Masks may be the key determinant of the COVID 19 curve
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 11:20 am
I agree Linen.

I get my marching orders and protocol from my doctor.

This is what he told me.

I thought it was also the standard world wide.

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 11:21 am
Maybe I am simply dense and we are not talking about masks anymore...

if you want to start or continue a bash fest on a poster please start a spin off...

(then we can report it and get it shut down)

I would think we could focus in the face of the serious challenge we are battling.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 11:26 am
#BestBubby wrote:
News repeatedly says to wear masks IN PUBLIC. Walking Outdoors is IN PUBLIC.

I hear how you're defining public. But the conventional wisdom is that it's less likely to spread outdoors than it is indoors. It's why many parents are only allowing outdoor playdates.

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 11:28 am
#BestBubby wrote:
Pelosi urging people to visit Chinatown in February:

On February 23, your idol Trump told us, “We have it very much under control in this country.”

On February 26, he said, “And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.”

On February 27, “It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear.”

So your complaint seems to be that Pelosi should have known that Trump was lying -- not merely mistaken, since her actions would have been reasonable then -- but lying. And its inexcusable for her.

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 11:29 am
LovesHashem wrote:
That means everyone in the elderly persons family or high risk need to quarantined too. All their teens and kids shouldn’t see the light of day for the next 6 months? Year? What about their spouse? How will they work if their jobs cannot be done from home?

Plenty of people in their 40’s get really sick too. Eli Beer isn’t so old and he almost died. So anyone over the age of 45 should quarantines too? I know second of of people in their 90’s who survived COVID and I know of people with no prior health issues 24 or 26 who were close to death from COVID. Some of them have side affects from corona like life long heart disease or lung conditions.

You say that won’t happen to you. But you never know. That’s what people say all the time “I won’t die from smoking”. “No one in my family or friends would ever have cancer or die an early death”. “ I don’t know anyone who has died from not wearing a seat belt, nothing will happen to ME”

Why can’t we open up the economy with SD and masks? So everyone can feel safe.

1. Most people over 65 don't have teens living in their home. Didn't say nobody shouldn't see the light of day - I think being outdoors is very healthy and virtually no risk. But they should avoid stores.

2. People in their 40s are very low risk. That does not mean there aren't EXCEPTIONS but that is the fact.

3. I agree that the economy should open up with SD and masks (in STORES) -
SO WHY HAVEN"T THE BLUE STATES DONE SO?

Blue States will prolong the shut down as long as they think they can get away with it.
Blue States WANT to destroy jobs and businesses because they think it will hurt Trump.
Blue States WANT people in poverty so they will vote D for Welfare.

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 11:34 am
SixOfWands wrote:
On February 23, your idol Trump told us, “We have it very much under control in this country.”

On February 26, he said, “And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.”

On February 27, “It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear.”

So your complaint seems to be that Pelosi should have known that Trump was lying -- not merely mistaken, since her actions would have been reasonable then -- but lying. And its inexcusable for her.

1. I don't have Idols and I never mention Trump in this discussion - it is the brainwashed who are obsessed with Trump so I only mention Trump IN RESPONSE to TDS.

2. The difference between Trump and Pelosi is that Trump TOOK ACTION even BEFORE there were any deaths and only 15 cases in the country as a PRE-CAUTION - while PELOSI and the DEMOCRATS CRITICIZED Trump as XENOPHOBIC and OVER-REACTING.

I am not blaming Pelosi and Democrats for being MISTAKEN.

I am blaming Pelosi and Democrats for ATTACKING Trump for OVER-REACTING and then turning around and ATTACKING TRUMP for UNDER-REACTING!!!

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 11:37 am
#BestBubby wrote:
1. I don't have Idols and I never mention Trump in this discussion - it is the brainwashed who are obsessed with Trump so I only mention Trump IN RESPONSE to TDS.

2. The difference between Trump and Pelosi is that Trump TOOK ACTION even BEFORE there were any deaths and only 15 cases in the country as a PRE-CAUTION - while PELOSI and the DEMOCRATS CRITICIZED Trump as XENOPHOBIC and OVER-REACTING.

I am not blaming Pelosi and Democrats for being MISTAKEN.

I am blaming Pelosi and Democrats for ATTACKING Trump for OVER-REACTING and then turning around and ATTACKING TRUMP for UNDER-REACTING!!!

I wasn't responding to you. Unless you and Cheiny are the same person, which would surprise me greatly.

"TDS" is a term used by Trumpists to attack and demean anyone with whom they disagree, when they have nothing of substance to say.

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 11:39 am
SixOfWands wrote:
I wasn't responding to you. Unless you and Cheiny are the same person, which would surprise me greatly.

"TDS" is a term used by Trumpists to attack and demean anyone with whom they disagree, when they have nothing of substance to say.

Check again - You WERE responding to Best Bubby and not Cheiny who is not on this thread.

And I have said plenty of "substance".

Ora in town

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 12:19 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
I will say it again - I am opposed to people wearing masks OUTDOORS - even if they pass
within 6 feet. The risk is virtually zero of infecting someone just by passing by.

And people ARE wearing masks while walking outdoors - because they are told they are
killers if they don't. That is FAKE and this Leftist promoted hysteria is being used to
prolong the lockdown and destroy jobs and businesses.

I suppose this is a missunderstanding, either on their side, or on your side...

It might be a misunderstanding on their side, so you could educate them.
Or it might be that they just came out of a store and are about to go to the subway and are too lazy to take it off...

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 12:28 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Check again - You WERE responding to Best Bubby and not Cheiny who is not on this thread.

And I have said plenty of "substance".

You are correct on the misattribution. I apologize, but stand by the rest.

I'm still waiting for links to all of those studies showing that masks do not help the spread of covid.

Ora in town

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 12:29 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
1. You cannot say that just isolating elderly and sick "failed miserably" because it is TOO SOON to say.

Per SCIENTISTS, social distancing does NOT stop the spread of Covid19, it only SLOWS it down - so the final tally of deaths between those who did lockdown and those who didn't may be similar.

But those who DID lockdown will have DEATHS and MISERY caused by destroying millions of jobs IN ADDITION to deaths from Covid19.

2. Trump did not do a "miserable job" that is FAKE NEWS LIE. Aside from the death rate in USA being INFLATED (counting people who died in car accidents, stroke or heart attack as Covid)
the USA death rate per million is similar to other countries.

3. Furthermore, it was the DEMOCRATS who in February who were saying that Covid19 was NOT serious and were denouncing Trump's travel bans as racist and over-reaction. So had a DEMOCRAT been president the DEATH TOLL WOULD HAVE BEEN FAR HIGHER.

Do you really believe what you say here?

1) Anders tegnell, the responsable epidemiologist in Sweden admitted himself that he failed to protect the elderly, but he preferred to blame it on the homes...

On the other hand, Sweden was very lucky, because their policy worked, at least, without overwhelming their health system, while UK run into a catastrophy with the same approach...

I'm not really against the swedish approach in Sweden, since it did not lead to a catastrophy (although they have 20x the fatalities of their neighbours and they lost as much GDP as other countries who had a stay-at-home order) What was irresponsable is that Sweden's and UK's approach was "wait and see", because as long as nothing happened, citizens will not understand what the measures are for.

And on this point, I am completely with you, what you said in March: Early intervention is key to success... Since cases doubled every three days, 10 days earlier intervention can divide fatalities by 10!!!!

2: Trump did do a miserable job, see the results and his wrong predictions.
3: That is not to say that Cuomo and di blasio did not fail equally miserably...

And I think it's reckless to promote big demonstrations in the street at such a time.
And even more reckless to organise a 40'000 people assembly indoors at such a time.

I am left-wing, but I can recognise the shortcomings of both sides, just as they occur in reality.

Last edited by Ora in town on Fri, Jun 19 2020, 12:31 pm; edited 2 times in total

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 12:30 pm
Ora in town wrote:
I suppose this is a missunderstanding, either on their side, or on your side...

It might be a misunderstanding on their side, so you could educate them.
Or it might be that they just came out of a store and are about to go to the subway and are too lazy to take it off...

Thank you for acknowledging (after 9 pages) that there is no need to wear masks while
walking outdoors.

Ora in town

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 12:33 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Thank you for acknowledging (after 9 pages) that there is no need to wear masks while
walking outdoors.

I never imagined anybody could think this is the case (except in crowded places)...
But by the way, I said so a few pages ago...

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 12:39 pm
Ora in town wrote:
Do you really believe what you say here?

1) Anders tegnell, the responsable epidemiologist in Sweden admitted himself that he failed to protect the elderly, but he preferred to blame it on the homes...

On the other hand, Sweden was very lucky, because their policy worked, at least, without overwhelming their health system, while UK run into a catastrophy with the same approach...

I'm not really against the swedish approach in Sweden, since it did not lead to a catastrophy (although they have 20x the fatalities of their neighbours and they lost as much GDP as other countries who had a stay-at-home order) What was irresponsable is that Sweden's and UK's approach was "wait and see", because as long as nothing happened, citizens will not understand what the measures are for.

And on this point, I am completely with you, what you said in March: Early intervention is key to success... Since cases doubled every three days, 10 days earlier intervention can divide fatalities by 10!!!!

2: Trump did do a miserable job, see the results and his wrong predictions.
3: That is not to say that Cuomo and di blasio did not fail equally miserably...

And I think it's reckless to promote big demonstrations in the street at such a time.
And even more reckless to organise a 40'000 people assembly indoors at such a time.

I am left-wing, but I can recognise the shortcomings of both sides, just as they occur in reality.

Sweden WAS successful, South Dakota was successful - did not shut down businesses and jobs.

Trump did not do a "miserable job". The US death rate is INFLATED - even Dr. Birx admits this. People who died of car accidents, heart attacks and strokes are listed as Covid as are people who died with Covid symptoms (which could be flu) and but were NOT TESTED.

Even with the BIG INFLATION, US death rate is comparable to other countries in the world - so are you accusing ALL WORLD LEADERS of doing a miserable job or only Trump?

Any DEMOCRAT PRESIDENT would have done WORSE than Trump because ALL DEMOCRATS opposed Travel Bans on China and Europe so Trump's actions saved tens of thousands of lives.

Trump did an amazing job producing masks, ventilators and thousands of hospital beds WITHIN DAYS - far more than was needed! Trump saved lives ALL OVER THE WORLD by giving ventilators to other countries whose leaders were not able to do what Trump did and produce
ventilators within days!

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 12:41 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
You are correct on the misattribution. I apologize, but stand by the rest.

I'm still waiting for links to all of those studies showing that masks do not help the spread of covid.

For the umpteenth time, I am referring ONLY to wearing masks while walking OUTDOORS!

Ora in town produced a video clip study that shows masks are only necessary in crowded
IN DOORS or while talking face to face.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 1:02 pm
As far as the assumption that 65 year old people don't live with teenagers; it's not true of minority communities. Old people are raising grandchildren because the parents lost custody and several generations often share an apartment due to financial considerations.

youngishbear

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 1:52 pm
I would appreciate an explanation of how tanking the economy in blue states helps defeat Trump, who will lose these states, anyway.

Ora in town

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 2:40 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Sweden WAS successful, South Dakota was successful - did not shut down businesses and jobs.

Trump did not do a "miserable job". The US death rate is INFLATED - even Dr. Birx admits this. People who died of car accidents, heart attacks and strokes are listed as Covid as are people who died with Covid symptoms (which could be flu) and but were NOT TESTED.

Even with the BIG INFLATION, US death rate is comparable to other countries in the world - so are you accusing ALL WORLD LEADERS of doing a miserable job or only Trump?

Some world leaders did a better job, some did worse.
Israel did well, South Korea did well, Japan, singapore, Australia, New zealand, China (althought their figures might not be reliable), Germany did a decent job.

UK did not handle it well, nor Spain, nor Iran, nor italy, nor France, nor Belgium, nor Brazil, (running into a catastrophe...)
In the US, it seems to vary according to the states. New York, New Jersey, Connecticut did a catastrophic job, and some states are about to do a very bad job, like Florida, Oklahoma, etc...

I do not accept the statement about inflation of the death rate as true, and the death rate is still increasing in the US...

Last edited by Ora in town on Sat, Jun 20 2020, 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 4:13 pm
Ora in town wrote:
Some world leaders did a better job, some did worse.
Israel did well, South Korea did well, Japan, singapore, Australia, New zealand, China (aalthought their figures might not be reliable), Germany did a decent job.

UK did not handle it well, nor Spain, nor Iran, nor italy, nor France, nor Belgiu, nor did brazil, and I suppose is running into a catastrophe...
In the US, it seems to vary according to the states. new Yordk New

I do not accept the statement about inflation of the death rate as true, and the death rate is still increasing in the US...

I heard Italy did poorly with COVID management because of the high percentage of older people in their country.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 4:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I heard Italy did poorly with COVID management because of the high percentage of older people in their country.

Didn't they also downsize their health care system prior to getting hit by the pandemic?
Page 9 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics