Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
How to deal with delusional anti vaxer?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 10:52 am
I'm sorry about the rant but I just have to get this off my chest. There's a woman in my community who recently posted an anti vax conspiracy theory in our community group. When someone asked her to please not bring up the topic (in a very friendly tone) she got upset and claimed she was being censored. She was not, she's still in the group. Then a week after she send personal messages (more links about the conspiracy) to everyone who agreed with the other woman. I told her that I wasn't interested, that I think she's wrong and that sending me this I can only assume she wants to into a fight with me. She complained again about her censorship and called me a sheep for believing that polio and other vaccines work. At this point I stopped arguing with her.
Yesterday the son of a friend passed away due to leukemia, so I posted a link for tehilim in his honor. The anti vaxer then responded "it's the vaccines ". How? How? She doesn't know my friend or her son. I don't even know if her son was vaccinated. Justly someone called her out how this isn't the right forum for this and she again got offended by " censorship ". I told her just to think how harsh she sounds and she in turn claimed that on the contrary, it was her great ahavat Israel that made her do this. Finally someone encouraged her to form her own group for the anti VAX news. Others in the group reached out to me to say how sorry they were but there's also people who joined that group. I just don't get it . I don't know why a normal person who has the same access to information as I do would still want to hear more. I'm starting to suspect she's bipolar or something. In real life I've always been friendly to her. How does one deal with such a person? Ignore her completely?

singleagain

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 10:55 am
I would ignore. Even if you have to block her. It doesn't sound like a healthy interaction

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 10:55 am
I think ignore her completely unless she is talking about another subject in a normal way. Like if she says "does anyone have recommendations for a car dealership?" you don't have to ignore her.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 10:58 am
Aaaargggg so annoying Twisted Evil Punch Punch Banging head Banging head Banging head

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 11:20 am
There’s really no way to deal with these people. I know from experience.... my family is anti-vax too. It took my husband a few years to get me to listen to “his” side. And btw, I know someone who is also anti-vax has a son extremely sick with cancer. He never had any shots whatsoever. It doesn’t discriminate.

trixx

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 11:21 am
You know anyone this delusional has nothing to do with vax (except that it's the fight she picked), if she thought sunshine was also terrible, she would have said the boy died from that.

Basically ignore her for being crazy, besides for anything she actually says.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 11:28 am
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
There’s really no way to deal with these people. I know from experience.... my entire family is anti-vax. It took my husband a few years to get me to listen to “his” side. And btw, a family member who is also anti-vax (even homebirthed her kids) has a son extremely sick with cancer. He never had any shots whatsoever. It doesn’t discriminate.

You are definitely related to me. Do you want to share your first name initial? If I'd have to guess, it'll be either M or F.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 11:32 am
I have a neighbor who tries to draw me in to conspiracy theories and what not. I Try to avoid her. Drains me. And I myself am not pro vaccinating.

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 11:47 am
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
You are definitely related to me. Do you want to share your first name initial? If I'd have to guess, it'll be either M or F.

It is one of the above, but not telling you unless you tell me who you are!

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 11:56 am
It is one of the above, but not telling you unless you tell me who you are!
You already answered. Nice to meet you, cousin! Hi (I have a feeling one of our aunts are on here too, btw. I think the one that shares a name with you.)

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 11:58 am
You already answered. Nice to meet you, cousin! Hi (I have a feeling one of our aunts are on here too, btw. I think the one that shares a name with you.)

I don’t think I have an aunt that shares my name

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 12:03 pm
I don’t think I have an aunt that shares my name

Not the same exact name. One of your names is the same as one of her names.

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 12:18 pm
Not the same exact name. One of your names is the same as one of her names.

No clue. I’m stumped. Dont know

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 12:30 pm
No clue. I’m stumped. Dont know

Sorry for confusing you, maybe I assumed one initial I named and really you're the other one. Because the other initial there are no names same as you at all. I feel bad I'll give you one hint about my identity: I'm related to you from my side, not my DH's.

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 12:33 pm
Sorry for confusing you, maybe I assumed one initial I named and really you're the other one. Because the other initial there are no names same as you at all.

Ok now I know who you’re talking about. Are you that aunt’s daughter?

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 12:35 pm
Maybe tell her you have been bought by Big Pharm, they have implanted this chip under your skin and now you are collecting data for them on anti-vaxxers... Twisted Evil

ExtraCredit

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 12:41 pm

So cute to meet people you know here.

Ora in town

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 12:42 pm
With humor?

No thanks, I don't want to convert to (insert christian missionary denomination)

This way she will understand that she is perceived just like a missionary..

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 12:52 pm
Her issues have nothing to do with her vaccination beliefs. She sounds like an overall troubled individual. If she would be pro vaccinations and saying this kid AH died from not being vaccinated, it would be just as problematic. I would tell you to post a link to a separate group that discusses vaccinations, and ask people (without singling her out) to please keep vaccination related discussion there. If she can't comply and becomes abusive to you, remove and block her.

(I do believe there are certain types that are more susceptible to conspiracy theories and going through life with a view that the world is out to get them, but that's neither here nor there. I believe that Churchill once said that a fanatic is someone who can't change their mind and can't change the subject. A fanatics personal opinion about a given matter is just a manifestation opportunity for the underlying issues the individual has to deal with.)

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 1:05 pm
Ok now I know who you’re talking about. Are you that aunt’s daughter?
Silent
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics