Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
How to deal with delusional anti vaxer?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 1:13 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
Ok now I know who you’re talking about. Are you that aunt’s daughter?

Did you figure out who the other initial I named is?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 1:23 pm
There’s really no way to deal with these people. I know from experience.... my entire family is anti-vax. It took my husband a few years to get me to listen to “his” side. And btw, a family member who is also anti-vax (even homebirthed her kids) has a son extremely sick with cancer. He never had any shots whatsoever. It doesn’t discriminate.

I'm wondering what the thing was that finally changed your mind. You don't have to answer but I'm curious.

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 1:57 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
Silent

I guess that’s a confirmation!

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 1:58 pm
I'm with you

these people should really relocate!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm TIRED of them spewing their nonsense all over the place

Especially since their benefiting from living in a 'vaccined' world

I suggest all anti vaxxers move to their own island and let's see how
they fare when disease and illness run rampant

Enough with the shtusim

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 1:58 pm
Did you figure out who the other initial I named is?

There are too many people in the family with that initial.

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 2:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm wondering what the thing was that finally changed your mind. You don't have to answer but I'm curious.

I don’t really know. In all honesty I wasn’t very informed on our “anti-vax” belief. I followed what I was being taught. My husband, OTOH, encouraged me to search for the truth online. I started reading about all the reasons to vaccinate AND all the reasons why somebody would not vaccinate. I wasn’t being one-sided anymore. Additionally, my husband said I can do whatever I want, but he will not support it and won’t work on my behalf to get the kids into schools. In the end I decided to immunize, but at my own pace.

mamsegula

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 2:04 pm
Don't

ora_43

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 3:18 pm
Ban her from the group if she keeps harassing people. Block her on your phone. So what if she thinks she's being censored.

If she tries to talk to you about this in real life, tell her you aren't interested and walk away.

There's nothing you can do to make her accept that she's being unreasonable. She's already so, so far over the line of normal social behavior; whatever issue she has, it's not something that's going to be fixed by logic or by saying things in the exact right way. All you can do is protect yourself.

As for people joining her group, hopefully (and also, probably) they're just joining out of pity.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 4:01 pm
There are too many people in the family with that initial.

Now's my turn to be stumped. I literally can't think of one other person.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 6:13 pm
I think its harrassing that she messages like that to people who are not interested. Sounds like she is not on an even keel. I would ignore it. If it becomes incessant, I would block her. And my advice has nothing to do with vaccines, just socially. I feel the same way about the other end of the extremist spectrum too.

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 6:27 pm
Now's my turn to be stumped. I literally can't think of one other person.

The M name runs in the family, doesn’t it?

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 6:28 pm
I don’t really know. In all honesty I wasn’t very informed on our “anti-vax” belief. I followed what I was being taught. My husband, OTOH, encouraged me to search for the truth online. I started reading about all the reasons to vaccinate AND all the reasons why somebody would not vaccinate. I wasn’t being one-sided anymore. Additionally, my husband said I can do whatever I want, but he will not support it and won’t work on my behalf to get the kids into schools. In the end I decided to immunize, but at my own pace.

not siding here but just wanted to make you aware that you cant "search for the truth" you can't "google" for reasons why someone would not vaccinate as google is clearly backing VAXX and will remove any form of information that is anti-vaxx.
Also OP most anti-vaxxers have had tragic experience which led them to stop vaccinating, so clearly many speak out of pain. not to give them the rights but to understand from another perspective from where they are coming from.

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 6:34 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
not siding here but just wanted to make you aware that you cant "search for the truth" you can't "google" for reasons why someone would not vaccinate as google is clearly backing VAXX and will remove any form of information that is anti-vaxx.
Also OP most anti-vaxxers have had tragic experience which led them to stop vaccinating, so clearly many speak out of pain. not to give them the rights but to understand from another perspective from where they are coming from.

Sorry wrong and wrong again.
You can google and read many blogs that are anti-vaxx.
I see the idea that “most anti-vaxxers have had tragic experience” is very popular, but very not true. Not in my family, at least. They decided to be more “educated” and took an anti-vaxx approach. And now my entire extended family (think 30 families minimum) are anti-vax

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 6:35 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
I'm with you

these people should really relocate!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm TIRED of them spewing their nonsense all over the place

Especially since their benefiting from living in a 'vaccined' world

I suggest all anti vaxxers move to their own island and let's see how
they fare when disease and illness run rampant

Enough with the shtusim

Spreading hate like this on your fellow people is not the solution! YOU are a part of the problem!!

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 6:43 pm
I see the idea that “most anti-vaxxers have had tragic experience” is very popular, but very not true. Not in my family, at least. They decided to be more “educated” and took an anti-vaxx approach. And now my entire extended family (think 30 families minimum) are anti-vax

As mentioned most information in regarding to anti-vaxx is NOT accessible on google, in no time it will be removed.
Maybe that's not the case in your family but the people I KNOW that don't vaxx certainly had their fare share of experience, some more intense than others, so as an overall I do not like to side cause I've seen these people speaking out of literal pain. and also self-guilt.
Again I'm not Pro nor Anti - just saying as an outsider.
So If you did you're research and your kids are doing fine, go ahead. others are not that lucky!

Ora in town

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 6:48 pm

That's what I find so tragic: that they are thinking they are "educating" themselves, that they now know better than anyone else, that they don't have the tools to check out what those anti-vax-gurus tell them...

And often, those anti-vax-gurus are in there to sell some supplements or alternative cures, so they are in there for the money...

Everyone should learn to read critically, to ask questions, to understand scientific literature...

In this case, conspiracy theories are life-threatening to the most vulnerable, to our children...

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 7:24 pm
Ora in town wrote:
That's what I find so tragic: that they are thinking they are "educating" themselves, that they now know better than anyone else, that they don't have the tools to check out what those anti-vax-gurus tell them...
In this case, conspiracy theories are life-threatening to the most vulnerable, to our children...

Exactly. This is the case in my family. Most don’t even have internet access, and listen to anti-vax hotlines. No wonder they choose not to vaccinate. They hear one part of the debate over and over again....

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 7:39 pm
The M name runs in the family, doesn’t it?

Yes, I thought that's your initial, and I was asking if you know who F is?

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 7:40 pm

Not really an accurate depiction of the history here, but ok.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 7:42 pm
Exactly. This is the case in my family. Most don’t even have internet access, and listen to anti-vax hotlines. No wonder they choose not to vaccinate. They hear one part of the debate over and over again....

Most were anti-vax way before there were any anti-vax hotlines. You're describing the next generation who is simply looking for explanations after the fact.
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics