Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Accepting food delivery

westchestermom

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 4:52 pm
I live in a small community that offered free hot meals and food pantry delivery to healthcare workers and first responders during covid. This was not income based. This week is the first time that the delivery questionnaire asks if you are low income, affected by covid or had a change in circumstances. None of these apply to me. Should I ask them to take me off the list? Would you still take the food?

Cheiny

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 4:56 pm
westchestermom wrote:
I live in a small community that offered free hot meals and food pantry delivery to healthcare workers and first responders during covid. This was not income based. This week is the first time that the delivery questionnaire asks if you are low income, affected by covid or had a change in circumstances. None of these apply to me. Should I ask them to take me off the list? Would you still take the food?

As long as you don’t lie, take it. Just tell them straight you’re a healthcare worker. And thank you for your service!

ddmom

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 5:20 pm
I would fill out questionnaire truthfully and let them decide if you don't fit their criteria to receive! (Assuming here that you would like to continue receiving the meals!)

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 6:03 pm
I would accept it maybe make a small dontation it is very risky to go to the supermarket and catch carona at my local trader joes a employee died of the virus and several supermarkets closed down for a few days because someone had carona the lines to get into the grocery store in my area are long
inn the stores people dont social distance to check out youre food the lines are long some items are missing or you may only allow two items of certain products
I got my eye brows waxed today they checked my temputure when I came into the salon and made me sign a a 10 question waiver and had to leave my phone number on it

zaq

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 6:15 pm
Tell the truth and let them decide. Could be that funds are running out, but it could also be that they want to generate some statistics for some sort of report, e.g. X% of our recipients are low-income, Y percent are seniors, Z% are affected by covid...

amother
White

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 6:35 pm
Not the same situation but there’s something about the food distribution that doesn’t make sense these days...
My neighbor in her 70’s started getting food boxes for seniors. They asked her how many people in the home. She said it’s just her and her 30 year old son. He is obviously not a senior citizen but they started sending a box of food for him too.
So just tell them whatever they want to know and leave it up to them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics