Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Doona vent
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 10:43 pm
I live in Lakewood, I can easily afford ten Doonas and didn't get one because I just don't like it. Nobody cares.

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 10:44 pm
Someone gave me their old doona, and I'm so happy I didn't purchase it with my own money. It's so heavy. I don't know how people manage with it!
I prefer a snap n go - the car seat is much lighter than the whole doona stroller.

ShishKabob

pause wrote:
Right, like everyone loooooooved the Bugaboo Bee 3 years ago, and the Bugaboo Chameleon 8 years ago. And everyone loved the Skip Hop diaper bag 5 years ago. And everyone loooooooooooooved curly sheitels because they're so feminine, and now everyone looooooooooves straight sheitels because they're so much easier to take care of. Uh huh.
you are pretty funny! 😄
I'm really not someone that jumps after the latest styles and trends, but I loved the Doona that I got for a gift and I thought it was a genius idea.
Making fun of ppl? For let's say not wearing a curly sheitel, or the other examples, push lease, that does not come in.
Making fun for not having a Doona? I hope it's just a complex and not something really out there. But hey, I'm a tzirikgeblibene Monsey Meidel.

amother
Apricot

Honestly didn’t buy the doona for my last baby. And I can Bh afford it. I didn’t want one. I used what I had from a previous child. And even if I were buying a car seat I wouldn’t have bought it. I don’t understand why people feel the need to make comments. It honestly doesn’t matter. Maybe your hanging out with the wrong people? Or maybe that’s just how people are these days...

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 10:45 pm
pause wrote:
Right, like everyone loooooooved the Bugaboo Bee 3 years ago, and the Bugaboo Chameleon 8 years ago. And everyone loved the Skip Hop diaper bag 5 years ago. And everyone loooooooooooooved curly sheitels because they're so feminine, and now everyone looooooooooves straight sheitels because they're so much easier to take care of. Uh huh.
LOL

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 10:45 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
I live in Lakewood, I can easily afford ten Doonas and didn't get one because I just don't like it. Nobody cares.

Curious how old your peer group is. I was referring to girls my age (19-24.) I'd assume the older you get the less people talk/care about all these types of things. (I'm not calling you old!)

pause

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 10:47 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
I'm still using my skip hop diaper bag from 8 years ago.... Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

Because you don't have a Doona. Duh!

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 10:49 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
Curious how old your peer group is. I was referring to girls my age (19-24.) I'd assume the older you get the less people talk/care about all these types of things. (I'm not calling you old!)

33. I guess I'm an old lady!

pause

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 10:51 pm
ShishKabob wrote:
you are pretty funny! 😄
I'm really not someone that jumps after the latest styles and trends, but I loved the Doona that I got for a gift and I thought it was a genius idea.
Making fun of ppl? For let's say not wearing a curly sheitel, or the other examples, push lease, that does not come in.
Making fun for not having a Doona? I hope it's just a complex and not something really out there. But hey, I'm a tzirikgeblibene Monsey Meidel.

I wonder if you'd had to pay the $400 if you'd also love it as much. Personally, I love anything I get as a gift because it's free! But to invest that much money in a car seat because it happens to be a stroller, and not a very good one at that, really does not in any way make sense to me if you factor out the herd mentality.

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 10:52 pm
Good luck keeping up with all the other trends in your neighborhood... The doona is just the tip of the iceberg. Get ready to Shell out for kids clothes, your clothes, all latest and best of everything.

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 11:00 pm
Well, depending on how rude they’re being and how snarky you’re willing to be, you could always reply “yeah, they look super convenient but I just couldn’t get comfortable with the low safety ratings. We all have different priorities I guess”

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 11:03 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
Well, depending on how rude they’re being and how snarky you’re willing to be, you could always reply “yeah, they look super convenient but I just couldn’t get comfortable with the low safety ratings. We all have different priorities I guess”

Doona has great safety ratings though so it wouldnt be an accurate come back

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 11:04 pm
I had my fourth a little while ago and I also passed on the doona! I needed a new car seat but went back to my handy Graco + snap n go. The doona seemed too bulky for me to handle. Even here OOT many people have the doona, but luckily no one bothered me about my decision. I am very happy with the snap n go.

Zehava

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 11:16 pm
I’m the last person to care about being fashionable but oh my god I love practicality and the doona was the best thing I ever bought. I went from the snap n go to that and it was just no comparison. If I was your friend I guess I’d just feel bad for you lugging a heavy thing around and having to put one part in your trunk etc. it wouldn’t be me judging you for being different.
And I used it purely for travel. But it just made my travel an entirely different experience.

Blessing1

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 11:21 pm
Zehava wrote:
I’m the last person to care about being fashionable but oh my god I love practicality and the doona was the best thing I ever bought. I went from the snap n go to that and it was just no comparison. If I was your friend I guess I’d just feel bad for you lugging a heavy thing around and having to put one part in your trunk etc. it wouldn’t be me judging you for being different.
And I used it purely for travel. But it just made my travel an entirely different experience.

There's absolutely nothing to feel bad about, and it's not heavy. It's very convenient. The doona is heavier than a snap n go.
It's sad that a doona has become such a must that other's feel "bad" for those that don't own one. It's a trend for god's sake!

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 11:31 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
Doona has great safety ratings though so it wouldnt be an accurate come back

Oops, sorry, didn’t mean to cause controversy here. It still meets the minimum performance standards required by US law. Many people feel that’s good enough.

However, it doesn’t perform as well in crash tests as many other car seats. Here’s an example link where it scores 3/10.

https://www.babygearlab.com/to.....-seat

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 11:42 pm
Thanks for all the replies Smile
It was not a monetary decision really. My new car seat + snap n go was pretty much the same price range.

the point is that maybe its a smart trend but doesn't mean there;s something wrong with NOT getting one.
a coworker just told me today-(in a nicer way but pretty much-'you're one of those people that specifically don't want to buy a Doona and are 'punishing' yourself.

seriously?!

sky

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 11:52 pm
My DH was recently in dr Shanick office with only my 12 yr old and called to say he felt out of place without a doona.

I disnt get for my most recent baby either and can afford it as well. It’s heavy. I like putting baby in a proper stroller. Didn’t feel it was worth the added expense.
But at this point you stick out as yeshivish, nerdy, poor, misfit if you don’t have it. It’s sad.

Zehava

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 11:58 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
There's absolutely nothing to feel bad about, and it's not heavy. It's very convenient. The doona is heavier than a snap n go.
It's sad that a doona has become such a must that other's feel "bad" for those that don't own one. It's a trend for god's sake!

Heavier to push not lift. I had it. It’s a klutz. And the turns... fugeddaboutit. I almost never had to lift the doona since the wheels came right out. So what I’m saying is, for me at least, it’s not a trend, it’s incredibly convenient.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 12:02 am
I have the Doona and hate it.
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics