Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What product can you not live without?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

mamma llama

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 1:40 am
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
Was just wondering recently, is it healthy to use those crock pot liners? Heating and reheating plastic? Anyone have knowledge in this area?

They're made in a special way to make sure they're heat-resistant, so it seems safe to me.

mamma llama

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 1:41 am
lavenderchimes wrote:
Chocolate syrup. I now make my own. I put it on plain yogurt, which is less sugar than buying chocolate yogurt, and I am addicted to chocolate milk.

Also, my small, portable washing machine. Total life changer!

I did not know this existed, so thank you! Very Happy

amother
Gold

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 1:58 am
At this point in my life, I'd have a hard time living without Carmit Mint Chocolate bars. I actually prefer them over milk chocolate! Nuts, I know. https://rocklandkosher.com/#!/hb/c/11387-0/c/11432-11387/c/11568-11432/r/21785/he/Monsey/kosher-groceries/kosher-candy-sweets/kosher-chocolate-bar//carmit-ago-dark-mint-chocolate-bar-3-oz

And frozen fruit. Lots of it. I eat it by the bowlful. (It's healthier than slurpees!)

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 2:00 am
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
I get it! Just sent my husband out for those wise jalapeño chips for me and DD who also loves them. Funny thing is when I was pregnant with her, my oldest, the bodega owner near where I worked knew me cuz I’d go every day to get a bag of them!

I did Dipsy Doodles every day from that bodega around the corner from the subway on my way home from work with my oldest. The bodega owner and I were best buds.

lavenderchimes

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 2:30 am
mamma llama wrote:
I did not know this existed, so thank you! Very Happy

Yes! After years of putting off painful laundromat trips, I do ALL my laundry (except giant comforters and blankets) in my bathroom with my little Giantex. It's about 2' x 2', fully automatic. I use some of the grey water to water my plants:) I am now one of those people who doesn't ljke to let the laundry pile up LOL

Teomima

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 4:19 am
St. Ives apricot face scrub. I know it's a little aggressive for some, but it's the only thing that makes my face feel really clean.

MiriFr

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 7:42 am
This!

https://www.wetnwildbeauty.com......html

I’m cracking up that like 90% of the replies are cleaning products

zaq

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 8:36 am
Toilet paper. Any brand, any size, any type. Most other things I could probably improvise or do without. in the forest one may use leaves but as an urban urchin, I can't see buying lettuce to use as a substitute.

Oh, OK. if worst came to worst I could use rags or handkerchiefs and wash them, but I REALLY wouldn't want to have to. If things were so bad--say, a city under siege--the means for washing would probably be scarce as well.

giselle

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 8:39 am
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
Was just wondering recently, is it healthy to use those crock pot liners? Heating and reheating plastic? Anyone have knowledge in this area?

You’ll get answers on both ends. I wouldn’t use them. I wouldn’t cook/heat up food in any kind of plastic, no matter how food safe it claims to be. But I’m crazy... I don’t store food in plastic either Smile

amother
Blue

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 8:46 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
At this point in my life, I'd have a hard time living without Carmit Mint Chocolate bars. I actually prefer them over milk chocolate! Nuts, I know. https://rocklandkosher.com/#!/hb/c/11387-0/c/11432-11387/c/11568-11432/r/21785/he/Monsey/kosher-groceries/kosher-candy-sweets/kosher-chocolate-bar//carmit-ago-dark-mint-chocolate-bar-3-oz

And frozen fruit. Lots of it. I eat it by the bowlful. (It's healthier than slurpees!)

I love those chocolate bars. There's an America's Test Kitchen chocolate cookie that calls for Andes mints to be melted on top. I cut a bar into about 20 pieces and let the piece sit on top and smear that on instead.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 8:46 am
Well, chocolate, of course.
But I second zipper bags and - does anyone know where they can be found? I don't need name brand - cleaning wipes.

SuperWify

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 8:47 am
amother [ Pink ] wrote:

No. I don’t use them.

silverlining3

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 9:04 am
Oh another thing I thought of now.
Ice cubes! We literally buy them bi-weekly. Our family loves ice cold drinks, pop in some cubes in already cool cup of liquid. Now in the summer, when I wanna avoid too many foxy pops for the kids... Kids: I need a foxy. Me: take water from fridge. Kids: but I'm so hot, I want something freezing. Me: ice cubes and water. They go for it!

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 9:29 am
I'm going to go a different route, and say built in (not window) air conditioner.

I have this weird condition where I don't regulate my body temperature very well. Once I get chilled it takes me forever to warm up, and once I'm too hot, it's really hard to bring my core temperature down.

This is VERY dangerous for me, because several of the medications that I am on come with a risk of heat stroke, so I have to take that into consideration along with my core temp being hard to control.

I consider an air conditioner to be a medical device. Wink

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 10:45 am
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
So much. Also good for putting under kids and their art projects and painting when they work on the floor.

BTW, windex is also good for killing ants.

tigerwife

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 10:52 am
Probably coffee. Literally can’t relate to the cleaning products answers but then again I tend to hide from the mess instead of clean Very Happy

amother
Pink

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 11:04 am
mamma llama wrote:
They're made in a special way to make sure they're heat-resistant, so it seems safe to me.

Thanks.

amother
Pink

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 11:05 am
giselle wrote:
You’ll get answers on both ends. I wouldn’t use them. I wouldn’t cook/heat up food in any kind of plastic, no matter how food safe it claims to be. But I’m crazy... I don’t store food in plastic either Smile

Ok, thanks.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 11:20 am
I also really like bread bags, produce bags, whatever you want to call them, whether they come from a box or roll. I don't know if I use them cost efficiently, but it's worth it to me. I use them in places I would have used saran wrap, e.g. to cover rising dough. Sometimes I'll rip them open for more surface coverage.

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 11:25 am
Birth control.
Google calendar.
Ob brand tampons.
Earplugs.
Melatonin.
Bread machine.
Noise canceling headphones.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics