Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Study finds hydroxychloroquine helped
Previous  1  2  3

Laiya

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 9:43 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
As I said, if this turns out to be a wonder drug, I'll be overjoyed. But I don't think this study can give us any more than cautious optimism at this point.

Reducing mortality by 50% is pretty significant. The problem with all the studies on hcq is that they are either retrospective, not double blind, or very small sample size, or given when the patients are already too sick. There's a reasonable basis for conducting these trials, and it goes back to studies on SARS coronavirus in 2005 and 2010 that found hcq + zinc to be effective.

Practitioners that believe it works, like Zelenko, feel that it's wrong to conduct a double-blind trial as that, by definition involves giving sick people a placebo, while withholding an available medication that he believes to be life-saving.

Meanwhile, Henry Ford is conducting a large-scale clinical trial that is double-blind and subjects are not sick; they're either given the drug prophylactically or are given a placebo. I'm curious to see those results.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics