Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Study finds hydroxychloroquine helped
1  2  3  Next

pause

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 8:15 am
Study finds hydroxychloroquine helped coronavirus patients survive better
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/0.....fh1v8

pause

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 11:02 am
No comment?

Cheiny

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 11:06 am
pause wrote:
Study finds hydroxychloroquine helped coronavirus patients survive better
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/0.....fh1v8

Oh, so Trump was right! Surprise surprise. Think any liberal will ever admit it?

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 11:15 am
Dr David Samadi tweeted the following, really said it well.

See new Tweets
Tweet
Dr. David Samadi
@drdavidsamadi
·
4h
I want to ensure that everyone understands the gravity of the situation here.

Hydroxychloroquine worked this whole time.

The media said it would literally kill you if you took it simply because POTUS promoted it as a cure.

Thousands of people likely DIED because of this.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 11:17 am
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:

See new Tweets
Tweet
Dr. David Samadi
@drdavidsamadi
·
4h

The media said it would literally kill you if you took it simply because POTUS promoted it as a cure.

Politics and science don't mix.

tweety1

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 11:21 am
southernbubby wrote:
Politics and science don't mix.

Crazy! Dr. Zalenko claims he treated 48000 patients with this drug. 2 of them died. More so, Isreali has a drug/steroid that works too, at abt $30-40 a dose but our pharmaceutical industry is not letting them give it out. What a corrupt country we live in.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 11:42 am
tweety1 wrote:
Crazy! Dr. Zalenko claims he treated 48000 patients with this drug. 2 of them died. More so, Isreali has a drug/steroid that works too, at abt $30-40 a dose but our pharmaceutical industry is not letting them give it out. What a corrupt country we live in.

48,000 or 4,800? Orange county didn't have 48,000 cases so he must have had other people.

Cheiny

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 11:46 am
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:

See new Tweets
Tweet
Dr. David Samadi
@drdavidsamadi
·
4h

That says it all. Democrat leaders have proven over and over that they’d rather see Americans sick and dying, the economy crashed, the country in upheaval, the police attacked, the criminals benefit while the victims are ignored, all for the sake of making Trump look bad, in their rabid quest for power. Anyone who doubts these are traitors to America ought to look at the facts honestly. They are a disgrace to the country and to mankind and anyone who could even consider voting for them seriously needs to re-examine their priorities,

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 11:58 am
Cheiny wrote:
That says it all. Democrat leaders have proven over and over that they’d rather see Americans sick and dying, the economy crashed, the country in upheaval, the police attacked, the criminals benefit while the victims are ignored, all for the sake of making Trump look bad, in their rabid quest for power. Anyone who doubts these are traitors to America ought to look at the facts honestly. They are a disgrace to the country and to mankind and anyone who could even consider voting for them seriously needs to re-examine their priorities,

Amen!

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 2:12 pm
I've been struggling with a conspiracy the entire coronatime. How is it that not a single politician that holds high office died or even got sick, while the commoners were falling like flies? I had a hunch all along, they probably all secured themselves with hydroxychloroquine and let the rest perish.

GetReal

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 3:29 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
I've been struggling with a conspiracy the entire coronatime. How is it that not a single politician that holds high office died or even got sick, while the commoners were falling like flies? I had a hunch all along, they probably all secured themselves with hydroxychloroquine and let the rest perish.

Trump and pence for example don’t let anyone come near them unless they’ve been tested. The White House has rapid 15 minute tests.

GetReal

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 3:41 pm
Also they probably have staff and don’t go grocery shopping like the rest of us.

enjoying kids

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 4:25 pm
Now they are promoting dexamethasone which can be lifesaving, but its side effects are truly awful.

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 4:54 pm
who is "they"?

to the point it is quite noteworthy that there is no accountability! Just the dems are on to the next thing...keep throwing mud til something sticks...ugh

and for sure the media supports it

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 5:00 pm
Read the whole article. It does not contradict results of other, less promising studies. In the context of the entire body of knowledge, this study will help doctors determine which medicines to use, and when, and in what combinations. Note that many of these patients also received dexamethasone. There are also some weaknesses in this study, explained in the article, which may make the results rosier than they would otherwise be. Please, let's not politicize health care.

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 5:06 pm
GetReal wrote:
Trump and pence for example don’t let anyone come near them unless they’ve been tested. The White House has rapid 15 minute tests.

And yet, Trump took the meds.

Since one can be asymptomatic while transmitting the virus, I can't see how all senators, congressmen, governors and mayors managed to stay virus free. Like I posted, they most likely took it prophylactically secretly.

ora_43

Post Sat, Jul 04 2020, 1:29 pm
I love how sometimes, CNN is a rabidly left-wing site that should be ignored, and other times, it's the source of proof that Democrats are deliberately hiding the truth from the people.

Because if Democrats want to hide the truth, the best way to do that is to publish it in 'their' media.
Makes tons of sense.

Anyway. This is how science works. Many studies are done. Sometimes, studies have conflicting results. That doesn't make one of the studies a lie, let alone a deliberate lie

Or, as the researcher who actually did this study said:
the article wrote:
We also want to make the point that just because our results differ from some others that may have been published, it doesn't make those studies wrong or definitely a conflict. What it simply means is that by looking at the nuanced data of which patients actually benefited and when, we might be able to further unlock the code of how this disease works.

There is zero conflict between

- self-administered hydroxychloroquine creating a larger risk than it fixes (due to the possibility of heart issues), while hydroxychloroquine use with heart monitoring to avoid the more serious potential side effects is helpful.

- hydroxychloroquine being only somewhat useful alone, and hydroxychloroquine being very useful together with steroids (note: I'm not saying this is what happened here, it's just one of the possibilities)

- hydroxychloroquine not being suitable for the general population, but being very helpful for patients for whom it is low-risk

ora_43

Post Sat, Jul 04 2020, 1:42 pm
Whatever treatment turns out to work, we will be left wishing that we'd just known earlier that that was all we had to do.

Whether it's hydroxychloroquine, remdesivir, steroids, lopinavir/ritonavir, dexamethasone, medical cannabis, plasma-derived IgG, or whatever else, two things will be true:

1. If we'd known earlier that the treatment was safe and effective, many lives could have been saved.

2. At least a few doctors/researchers will have been saying all along that this was the One True Way to cure covid19.

And I'll add a third thing, even though it will probably be controversial here:

3. The doctors and researchers who conducted actual medical trials to figure out which of the many competing theories was right, rather than going all-in on whatever turns out to be the best one, will have been right to do so. Because some of those theories will have been wrong despite promising early results, and they will have had no way of knowing which was which without doing the actual research.

Aylat

Post Sat, Jul 04 2020, 1:50 pm
Thank you ora for being a voice of reason.

amother
Wine

Post Sat, Jul 04 2020, 3:39 pm
And the WHO study concluded today that it doesn't.

There's going to keep being studies either way, no need to get all giddy with joy each time another small study concludes the way you would like it to.

(Obviously we'd all like an effective treatment to be discovered. But, the posts here all seem to be gloating politically rather than the fact that we're talking about saving lives.)
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics