Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Cherry hill

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 7:49 am
I’ve never seen Cherry Hill but I’m very impressed with the houses I see for sale that are “cheaper” and the suburb feeling. I have a few questions:
How’s the Jewish community over there?
Any sepharadic shuls or minyans?
How many mikvahs?
How many kosher restaurants? Any kosher supermarkets?
Any Jewish elementary schools? How is the tuition?
How are the neighbors? Do you feel it is safe over there to take walks daily?
Which area should I look for that is walking distance to a shul (especially sepharadic if there is one)?

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 7:52 am
your best bet would be to contact the nearest Chabad for info

hatzlocha

doctorima

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 10:30 am
I believe the main shuls there are Sons of Israel and Young Israel of Cherry Hill. I also see a shul that sounds Sefardi called Keter Torah - info at https://www.godaven.com/shul-d.....torah

I would be shocked if there's more than 1 mikvah there, unless Chabad has its own, though Philly is just across the bridge and will have more options. There are a handful of kosher restaurants there. No experience with the schooling options. Best bet is to contact the shuls I mentioned and ask your questions to them.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 10:41 am
I have non-frum relatives in Cherry Hill. It's a nice suburban area, very close to Philadelphia. Public schools are good, which is important even if you don't use them. I can't answer your specific questions, but this may be a good place to start:

https://www.checkoutcherryhill.com/home.shtml

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 11:04 am
I have relatives there and it is a nice, friendly community. I know that Sons of Israel has a Sephardic Minyan on Shabbos. I'm not sure about during the week, or if there are other Sephardic Minyanim in the community. There is a Day School called Politz, which is in the Sons of Israel building. There are two sides to the town and each side has a Mikvah. I believe that more people live on the West Side of town, where Sons of Israel is. Restaurants fluctuate. If you go on the Sons of Israel web page, there are resources there.

fleetwood

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 11:44 am
There's only one school,politz. One Chinese restaurant and a bagel store. You can get kosher products at shop rite,but you can go to Lakewood to stock up. Good luck.

amother
Red

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 11:51 am
I have family there and think it's a great option for someone looking for a small oot community. Its so close to everything but at the same time has a real oot feel.

I know nothing about the Mikvah or spehradi minyanim. I have friends and relatives that went to Politz. An important thing to note is that the classes are mixed until 8th grade (unless that has changed recently). They seemed to have liked it. A lot of the lemudei kodesh teachers are post sem girls from Lakewood. Also the English department is supposedly very good.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 12:53 pm
Thanks. Any idea how much is the tuition at the politz school?

doctorima

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 1:34 pm
Tuition roughly $13k a year, detailed info here: https://www.politz.org/domain/58
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating