Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Neighbor has a backyard camp
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

ShishKabob

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 4:10 pm
Op, you can hear it through closed windows?

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 4:10 pm
Very challenging.

Its tough on all sides this year. Kids have to be outside. Camps and the like have had to improvise. I would try to fargin them this year which is different from any other summer.

Yes you can speak to them, get head cancelling headphones, sound machine...I feel for you. I hope it gets better.

Do you know for how many weeks this camp is planned to go on? Is there any way they can go more on the other side of the building or something?

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 4:11 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
I'm sure that at least by now you know that we're not allowed to report Jews.
If any human being is doing something illegal or harming someone, they had better be erported, jew, budist or any other religion.

Blessing1

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 4:15 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
If any human being is doing something illegal or harming someone, they had better be erported, jew, budist or any other religion.

I'm assuming you are a jewish women and you follow the torah. I assume that you know that it's assur for a jew to report a jew.
It is absolutely none of your business if someone is doing something illegal. A Jew that says that another jew "better be reported" and is thinking about reporting another jew, especially when it's not about pekuach nefesh, is a Rasha.
Hashem is the judge, not you or me.

Last edited by Blessing1 on Mon, Jul 06 2020, 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Blessing1

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 4:16 pm
penguin wrote:
What about a din torah?

That's an option but think about the repercussions. You can ruin a person's name for life because of some discomfort they're causing you for afew weeks.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 4:17 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
I'm assuming you are a jewish women and you follow the torah. I assume that you know that it's assur for a jew to report a jew.
It is absolutely none of your business if someone is doing something illegal. A Jew that says that another jew "better be reported" and is thinking about reporting another jew, especially when it's not about pekuach nefesh, is a Rasha.
Hashem is the judge, not you or me.
Thank you rabbi Banging head Banging head

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 4:20 pm
Ive had not nice neighbors call the police on us for real nonsense. Even the police were embarrassed!
Even so, very unpleasant and traumatic for the kids.

I would not call police or authorities on anyone unless everything had been tried first AND it was life threatening or extremely serious and ongoing.

hugs and hatzlocha Op

We decided to let it be a kaparah and hope for you too Op Hashem Blesses you with shefa broches.

ShishKabob

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 4:25 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
Ive had not nice neighbors call the police on us for real nonsense. Even the police were embarrassed!

I would not call police or authorities on anyone unless everything had been tried first AND it was life threatening or extremely serious and ongoing.

hugs and hatzlocha Op

We decided to let it be a kaparah and hope for you too Op Hashem Blesses you with shefa broches.
you are something special! Proud to call you a sister!

Blessing1

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 4:27 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Thank you rabbi Banging head Banging head

One doesn't need to be a Rabbi to know that reporting is assur. Yet one does need to be a Rabbi to say that "any human being doing something illegal better be reported".
I don't know why you care so much about what others do.

zaq

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 4:45 pm
There are community noise standards, and they could be in violation of those standards.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 4:47 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
One doesn't need to be a Rabbi to know that reporting is assur. Yet one does need to be a Rabbi to say that "any human being doing something illegal better be reported".
I care when someone is doing something illegal and by them doing something illegal they are bothering or hurting me.

And when I called you "rabbi" I was being beyond sarcastic.

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 4:51 pm
Well thank you so much Shishkabob! Really need to hear this now!!!

Back atcha Smile

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 4:56 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
I just wanted to follow up with the fact that the whole idea of not reporting a jew came about in times of regimes that were looking for ways to torture jews. In a democratic society, that is not the case anymore, and there are those that would say that being moser is not applicable in those cases.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 5:04 pm
ShishKabob wrote:
Op, you can hear it through closed windows?

Yes. The house isn't built very well.

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 5:04 pm
well then you would still have to ask a rav

sorry you are dealing with this Op

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 5:06 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:

hugs and hatzlocha Op

I've had to threaten someone about calling the police and it was traumatic for me! It's definitely not warranted in this situation. I appreciate all the kind words and advice I've gotten here.

pause

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 5:07 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
I just wanted to follow up with the fact that the whole idea of not reporting a jew came about in times of regimes that were looking for ways to torture jews. In a democratic society, that is not the case anymore, and there are those that would say that being moser is not applicable in those cases.

YOU HAVE TO ASK!!!

Blessing1

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 5:09 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:

This is not a statement for you to make on a public forum. You can't do anything without guidance of a Rav.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 5:09 pm
pause wrote:
YOU HAVE TO ASK!!!
Ok, fine. So ask. Blessing poster said nothing about asking. She said it was outright assur. My point is, there is a lot of room to be able to report. You want to ask? Great.
And sometimes one just has to report. Im not talking about this, with noise. Im talking about things that are much more illegal and sinister. Still shouldnt report? And have to ask?
I live a whole other judaism than some of you here. Sigh.....

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 5:11 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
This is not a statement for you to make on a public forum. You can't do anything without guidance of a Rav.
Im sorry but you did not say anything about a rav. You said that it was outright assur, full stop.
Page 3 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette