Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Spice organization

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 10:43 am
I’m looking for recommendations for an easy and cheap way to organize my spices in my cabinet. Right now they are all in a loose jumble and I keep the ones I use frequently in the front but they always get jumbled around and I get frustrated trying to find the ones I need! All ideas appreciated!

moonstone

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 10:46 am
I bought a few lazy Susans and keep my spices there. Made a huge difference.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 10:48 am
I like the capco lazy Sudan’s as well as the steps ladder for spices.

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 7:01 pm
Lazy susans

SingALong

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 8:26 pm
I put them in a draw, used draw dividers to keep them from rolling around. I find that easier than a lazy Susan. Just takes a glance and I find the spice I need.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 8:50 pm
I hung an epoxy 4 shelf spice rack on the inside door of the shelf. It meant shaving down one of the shelves (inexpensive). I also have large spice containers that don't fit, I have them lined up on one of the shelves. (I have LOTS of spices.)

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 8:27 am
The seasonings used most often in cooking are in racks mounted inside the door of my main kitchen cabinet, lined up by ABC of course. Most of the others are in tiers on a shelf inside a separate small cabinet that's exactly the width of a roll of food wrap. I made tiers by using three empty boxes from foil or wax paper rolls: a stack of two against the back wall, and one in front of that, forming two steps. The bottommost step is the shelf itself. Tall spice jars do block the view of the labels of the jars behind them, but since it's all alphabetical and I know what's where, this isn't a problem for me.

I have way too many seasonings but do use them now and then. I'm considering jettisoning the very-seldom-used ones. These are usually found in recipes that have a long laundry list of seasonings, and omitting one or two will probably not make a fatal difference.

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 8:33 am
https://www.target.com/p/23-34.....aw.ds

I mounted 2 of these on my wall, one on top of the other. I fill them up with Trader Joe’s spices because the bottles are so pretty. And when they run out, I buy cheap Walmart spices for 88c and refill my pretty Trader Joe’s bottles lol

gande

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 9:19 am
https://www.amazon.com/Rubberm.....r=8-1

I have this one I like it very much.

Teomima

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 10:34 am
I keep mine upright in a drawer. Labels on top. Super easy. Just open the drawer, look down, and I can see all my spices at once.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 11:44 am
I keep spice mixtures on one side and plain spices on the other. is keeping things in alphabetical order convenient for you?

I used to keep spice mixtures out on the counter but we got tired of the clutter.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics