Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
THIS is what’s so hard about following the rules
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 9:30 pm
To that OP and others in her viewpoint: what is your plan? To SD and quarantine until a 100% effective vaccine is available???

I’m sure statistically it’s is FAR more dangerous to your health to get into a car than to go to a party without a mask, assuming you’re under 65 and not immune compromised.

We all make the risk/benefit analysis of getting into cars.

If I want to go parasailing, I can research, speak to my doctor and rabbi and therapist, and make the risk/benefit analysis and choose to go.

The immune compromised and elderly must be careful. Why should the rest of us, if we don’t want to? That’s like giving all my kids braces and hearing aids because one of my kids has an overbite and hearing loss, in order to be fair!!!!!

What is the toll of the millions of closed business and the unemployed? Those facing creditors and utility shut offs and evictions whose shalom bayis is deteriorating beyond what you can comprehend? The anxiety and fear and emotional problems being caused by all this upheaval?

I’m thrilled your husband has a job and you and your children have food and a nice place to live. Many of us were comfortably in your shoes all of our lives until 3 months ago, and never could have imagined being so close to homelessness and massive debt and severe anxiety....

We were scared into lockdown in order to FLATTEN THE CURVE.

That made sense. We don’t want hospitals and doctors overwhelmed.

But in 3 weeks we flattened it; the ships brought in as hospitals were turned away, the tens of thousands of new ventilators weren’t needed.

So now what?

Why are we still under lockdown?

What on earth is the plan??!?!!!

Keep everyone quarantined until a 100% effective vaccine is found?????

Let everyone choose to live their lives.

If there’s an EMERGENCY, lock me up for ONE WEEK.

A massive emergency? Lock me up for 2 or even 3 weeks.

NOT a for 4 months++++++!!!!!!!!

The lockdown has DESTROYED businesses that took decades to build. Destroyed marriages that were on stable yet challenging ground. Destroyed the emotional health of so, so many who are mostly still attempting keep it quiet, but I know quite a few of them and it’s tragic. Destroyed the income of millions of families who always were givers and now need handouts.

If you’re terrified of the virus, by all means, stay home.

Let the rest of us have a life, that’s all I request.

I have to be anon since I have a community position and cannot post politically incorrect perspectives because I need my job to pay my bills since my husband’s job has vanished. But if you were sitting next, or 19 feet away from me if you prefer, I would be glad to say this all in my own voice.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 9:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
To that OP and others in her viewpoint: what is your plan? To SD and quarantine until a 100% effective vaccine is available???

I’m sure statistically it’s is FAR more dangerous to your health to get into a car than to go to a party without a mask, assuming you’re under 65 and not immune compromised.

We all make the risk/benefit analysis of getting into cars.

If I want to go parasailing, I can research, speak to my doctor and rabbi and therapist, and make the risk/benefit analysis and choose to go.

The immune compromised and elderly must be careful. Why should the rest of us, if we don’t want to? That’s like giving all my kids braces and hearing aids because one of my kids has an overbite and hearing loss, in order to be fair!!!!!

What is the toll of the millions of closed business and the unemployed? Those facing creditors and utility shut offs and evictions whose shalom bayis is deteriorating beyond what you can comprehend? The anxiety and fear and emotional problems being caused by all this upheaval?

I’m thrilled your husband has a job and you and your children have food and a nice place to live. Many of us were comfortably in your shoes all of our lives until 3 months ago, and never could have imagined being so close to homelessness and massive debt and severe anxiety....

We were scared into lockdown in order to FLATTEN THE CURVE.

That made sense. We don’t want hospitals and doctors overwhelmed.

But in 3 weeks we flattened it; the ships brought in as hospitals were turned away, the tens of thousands of new ventilators weren’t needed.

So now what?

Why are we still under lockdown?

What on earth is the plan??!?!!!

Keep everyone quarantined until a 100% effective vaccine is found?????

Let everyone choose to live their lives.

If there’s an EMERGENCY, lock me up for ONE WEEK.

A massive emergency? Lock me up for 2 or even 3 weeks.

The lockdown has DESTROYED businesses that took decades to build. Destroyed marriages that were on stable yet challenging ground. Destroyed the emotional health of so, so many who are mostly still attempting keep it quiet, but I know quite a few of them and it’s tragic. Destroyed the income of millions of families who always were givers and now need handouts.

If you’re terrified of the virus, by all means, stay home.

Let the rest of us have a life, that’s all I request.

I have to be anon since I have a community position and cannot post politically incorrect perspectives because I need my job to pay my bills since my husband’s job has vanished. But if you were sitting next, or 19 feet away from me if you prefer, I would be glad to say this all in my own voice.

I'm not really following. The current rules are wear a mask indoors in retail, medical or commercial buildings, or if you'll won't be able to maintain a SD distance from members outside your family. NY and NJ are currently in the process of reopening, and most businesses are currently open in some sort of manner. We are progressing nicely into reopening fully and we should be operating as close to normal as possible, with some inconveniences that will be around for some time.

There is no lockdown no longer, nor is there a quarantine anymore. Why all the hysterics? And why are the above rules, masks & SD, so hard to follow?

(I'm assuming you're in NY because of your mention of the ships that were brought to NY).

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 9:57 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
I'm not really following. The current rules are wear a mask indoors in retail, medical or commercial buildings, or if you'll won't be able to maintain a SD distance from members outside your family. NY and NJ are currently in the process of reopening, and most businesses are currently open in some sort of manner. We are progressing nicely into reopening fully and we should be operating as close to normal as possible, with some inconveniences that will be around for some time.

There is no lockdown no longer, nor is there a quarantine anymore. Why all the hysterics? And why are the above rules, masks & SD, so hard to follow?

(I'm assuming you're in NY because of your mention of the ships that were brought to NY).

Until everything is back to normal it’s still lockdown. We are still restricted.

soap suds

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 9:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I’d go so far as to say, lock me up for 4 months if there’s a real danger, not to fulfill your political games. (ETA Yes, I’m in NY)

DrMom

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 10:04 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
Until everything is back to normal it’s still lockdown. We are still restricted.

Having a few rules to follow is not a "lockdown."

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 10:05 pm
Thank you op.

We all (except some dumb headed people) followed rules when there was a need, even though it was A LOT harder for the average Jewish homes that have big families kah.

But once the common sense aspect isn’t there anymore, and the rules are there to protect De Blasio and coumo’s a** rather than our health ( so they can’t be blamed if a second wave occurs), I’m not here to obey anymore.

If you’re still following rules you’re living in denial.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 1:06 am
I'm sorry but ny is not the world! U think here us in Europe r keeping SD and wearing masks still bc we r protecting de blasio and cuomo?
We do it here bc it is the correct thing to do and we r not doing things behind people's backs. We r doing things the right way because we know it is the right thing to do! And bh where I am we have had WAY LESS numbers to ny. We are almost un the 2 digit numbers.....
This is the only way how u r going to get the numbers down. The people who r testing positive obviously still have something inside of them left..

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 1:13 am
Why can't we reopen with masks and SD?
Those are the only 2 freaking rules you must follow.

I want to know why that's so hard for you!?

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 1:25 am
My community reopened. Schools finished off the year and day camps are open. School buses are driving day camp routes now. Shuls are open with no social distancing. In big stores we are required to wear masks so we do but in smaller frum stores often no one is wearing a mask.
Regular weddings are taking place again here.
Things are back to normal.
I was very sick with the virus in April and I understand how bad it could be but seems to be over. We hope there won’t ever be a second wave.
If there have been no new symptomatic cases why doesn’t your community get together to reopen?

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 1:31 am
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
My community reopened. Schools finished off the year and day camps are open. School buses are driving day camp routes now. Shuls are open with no social distancing. In big stores we are required to wear masks so we do but in smaller frum stores often no one is wearing a mask.
I was very sick with the virus in April and I understand how bad it could be but seems to be over. We hope there won’t ever be a second wave.
If there have been no new symptomatic cases why doesn’t your community get together to reopen?

I'm jealous!
You cant just get together and reopen. There are laws in place. This isnt a personal decision.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 1:39 am
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
I'm sorry but ny is not the world! U think here us in Europe r keeping SD and wearing masks still bc we r protecting de blasio and cuomo?
We do it here bc it is the correct thing to do and we r not doing things behind people's backs. We r doing things the right way because we know it is the right thing to do! And bh where I am we have had WAY LESS numbers to ny. We are almost un the 2 digit numbers.....
This is the only way how u r going to get the numbers down. The people who r testing positive obviously still have something inside of them left..

Op is very obviously referring to cities where the virus is long over.
(For ex Brooklyn that doesn’t see new cases for the last 2 months , even tho every shul, simcha hall, store, school, and everything else is packed to capacity.Baruch HaShem.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 1:42 am
LovesHashem wrote:
Why can't we reopen with masks and SD?
Those are the only 2 freaking rules you must follow.

I want to know why that's so hard for you!?

It isn’t necessary at all, so why the need? Because we have politicians who are worried about Themselves rather than us?

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 1:59 am
amother [ Gray ] wrote:

Hope is sweet but it won’t practically stop a second wave. Masks and SD might.

This may not be your community but it is real. Reopening too soon after flattening the curve can be disastrous.

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 2:05 am
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Op is very obviously referring to cities where the virus is long over.
(For ex Brooklyn that doesn’t see new cases for the last 2 months , even tho every shul, simcha hall, store, school, and everything else is packed to capacity.Baruch HaShem.

Unless you live in South Korea or NZ, the virus isn’t “long over” it is merely controlled due to SD measures. Brooklyn is low now which is great but we can’t be complacent as it could still rise again.

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 2:41 am
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
It isn’t necessary at all, so why the need? Because we have politicians who are worried about Themselves rather than us?

1. How long does immunity last? You never know when a second wave will come. Do you want to be the one to give someone a virus that will kill them? Do you want to get sick?

2. Also NY and Lakewood or wherever you are from is a small minority of the world. The rest of the world has a pendemic. So your post is only relevant to those areas and should be noted as such.

3. Even if you aren't scared of a second wave, many are. It is unfair to them to propose opening the economy and businesses with no SD and masks.

4. Business don't need to close if you have SD and masks. People can retain their jobs, actually there is a hiring surge in some companies in Israel BECAUSE of corona. Osem is hiring hundreds of people currently, as is some other companies in tech, and the food industry.

5. Marriages and Mental health is super important and during a pandemic there's a lot of change to the schedule. I know corona has put stress on a lot of people - but pretending it's completely gone forever does no one any favors. If you are struggling you need to figure out a way for your marriage and emotional and mental health needs to be met during this pandemic.

Yes, it's difficult and different - but it's possible for most people to figure out how to keep themselves and their marriages healthy and happy.

6. I don't care about politicians. I live in another country. Protests, abuse, politics, etc should legit have NOTHING to do with your personal health. Just because there's no law to wash your hands after going to the bathroom - DOESN'T MEAN YOU SHOULDN'T! And just because people are fighting over what wrong and right and are allowing wrong things to happen - doesn't mean you should choose to make idiotic decisions and put your family's health at risk.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 4:19 am
LovesHashem wrote:
1. How long does immunity last? You never know when a second wave will come. Do you want to be the one to give someone a virus that will kill them? Do you want to get sick?

2. Also NY and Lakewood or wherever you are from is a small minority of the world. The rest of the world has a pendemic. So your post is only relevant to those areas and should be noted as such.

3. Even if you aren't scared of a second wave, many are. It is unfair to them to propose opening the economy and businesses with no SD and masks.

4. Business don't need to close if you have SD and masks. People can retain their jobs, actually there is a hiring surge in some companies in Israel BECAUSE of corona. Osem is hiring hundreds of people currently, as is some other companies in tech, and the food industry.

5. Marriages and Mental health is super important and during a pandemic there's a lot of change to the schedule. I know corona has put stress on a lot of people - but pretending it's completely gone forever does no one any favors. If you are struggling you need to figure out a way for your marriage and emotional and mental health needs to be met during this pandemic.

Yes, it's difficult and different - but it's possible for most people to figure out how to keep themselves and their marriages healthy and happy.

6. I don't care about politicians. I live in another country. Protests, abuse, politics, etc should legit have NOTHING to do with your personal health. Just because there's no law to wash your hands after going to the bathroom - DOESN'T MEAN YOU SHOULDN'T! And just because people are fighting over what wrong and right and are allowing wrong things to happen - doesn't mean you should choose to make idiotic decisions and put your family's health at risk.

Agree with u 1000%

enjoying kids

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 4:30 am
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:

With all due respect, I hear this a lot from people. It's black and white thinking and it comes from the depression many have from the lockdown.

imasinger

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 4:37 am
enjoying kids wrote:
With all due respect, I hear this a lot from people. It's black and white thinking and it comes from the depression many have from the lockdown.

Very astute!

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 4:46 am
enjoying kids wrote:

Or...quite often, these people were never too social and like having an excuse to be socially distant.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 4:49 am
I dont know why nyers think they ARE the world.
Op, here is a psa:
THE VIRUS IS NOT OVER. IT WONT BE FOR A WHILE.
THERE IS NO WAY TO KNOW IF THERE WILL BE A SECOND WAVE.
THERE IS ALSO NO WAY TO KNOW IF PEOPLE WONT GET IT AGAIN.

Why not taje measures that have been known to help?
This selfish way of seeing things makes my blood boil.
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics