Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Is there a Torah source for deja Vu?
1  2  3  Next

avrahamama

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 7:42 pm
You know that feeling you get. Where you're like ooohhhh wait a minute. I've lived this exact moment before. What is that? And is there a torah source/explanation for it?

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 7:55 pm
It happens whenever the code for the matrix is adjusted.

I don't know what it means to have a Torah source. Not every human experience is mentioned in the Torah. As far as I know, the Torah never mentions anyone having a foot fall asleep. Does that mean it never happens?

octopus

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 7:57 pm
Gilgul

avrahamama

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 7:58 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
It happens whenever the code for the matrix is adjusted.

I don't know what it means to have a Torah source. Not every human experience is mentioned in the Torah. As far as I know, the Torah never mentions anyone having a foot fall asleep. Does that mean it never happens?

Of course. But still so much is mentioned. And so I'm asking if this is.

ExtraCredit

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 8:02 pm
avrahamama wrote:
You know that feeling you get. Where you're like ooohhhh wait a minute. I've lived this exact moment before. What is that? And is there a torah source/explanation for it?

A little far fetched but this came to mind... Yosef saw an image of his father and that kept him away from sin.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 8:21 pm
Surplus wrote:
A little far fetched but this came to mind... Yosef saw an image of his father and that kept him away from sin.

I don't think that's deja vu. It's possible that the second time Avraham Avinu said his wife was his sister, he felt, gee, that again? But it was him doing the same thing twice, so also not deja vu. Perhaps when Moshe Rabbenu went to Har Sinai, he had a flashback to having seen the burning bush there. But again, not really deja vu.

BH Yom Yom

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 8:22 pm
octopus wrote:
Gilgul

Hmm

ExtraCredit

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 8:23 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
I don't think that's deja vu. It's possible that the second time Avraham Avinu said his wife was his sister, he felt, gee, that again? But it was him doing the same thing twice, so also not deja vu. Perhaps when Moshe Rabbenu went to Har Sinai, he had a flashback to having seen the burning bush there. But again, not really deja vu.

It’s not. Let’s keep thinking...

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 8:28 pm
Maaseh avos siman labanim?

avrahamama

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 8:36 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Maaseh avos siman labanim?

Oh that's interesting. But I'm thinking more like. No I lived this exact moment before. But where ??? In a dream?

Does that ever happen to you? It's a typical moment but it feels that exact moment. The lighting the energy the people it was all lived before. Even if it wasn't ...
Maybe there is a gemara for it???

It's such a surreal feeling.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 8:39 pm
Was at a speech by Rabbi Abraham Twersky a number of years ago where someone asked this question, or very similar. He said no.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 9:06 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
Was at a speech by Rabbi Abraham Twersky a number of years ago where someone asked this question, or very similar. He said no.

There could be a lot of subconscious stuff going on. I still wouldn't discount gilgul.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 9:10 pm
avrahamama wrote:
Oh that's interesting. But I'm thinking more like. No I lived this exact moment before. But where ??? In a dream?

Does that ever happen to you? It's a typical moment but it feels that exact moment. The lighting the energy the people it was all lived before. Even if it wasn't ...

We all know what it is. But why do you need to have it referenced in Torah to be real?

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 9:11 pm
Just telling you what he said, as I recall the question was about gilgul. He more or less said it's just your mind playing tricks on you.

BH Yom Yom

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 9:12 pm
avrahamama wrote:

Yes!!! Definitely experienced it multiple times before. Have had dreams of random everyday-type situations with certain people, scenarios, etc., and have had those exact situations months or years later.

avrahamama

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 9:15 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
We all know what it is. But why do you need to have it referenced in Torah to be real?

Is there something wrong with my curiosity?

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 9:19 pm
Every phenomenon is found in the Torah. I would like to find a source, so interesting!

lilies

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 9:19 pm
avrahamama wrote:

This is fun!

Maybe it's a 'remez' in a pasuk where it says 'he saw' twice? Or heard twice?

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 9:21 pm
King Solomon said that "there is nothing new under the sun." Sunny

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 9:22 pm
avrahamama wrote:
Is there something wrong with my curiosity?

Of course not. Is there something wrong if it turns out that there's no reference to deja vu in the Torah?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics