Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Update: My unemployment acct lists "employers"
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 8:47 pm
update: we called the store and got the name of the individual who used my #. It's most likely an accident or SS allowed my number to two people. (This person is 4 days older than me, born in the same hospital!)
But we will file a police report and call SS to clarify.

groovy1224

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 9:03 pm
Wow that is scary!

First thing I would do is check your credit report. If someone is using your social for work, they may have used it to get a credit card.

Next I would call these 'employers' and see if they can help you get to the bottom of this.

Then you can use the information to figure out your next steps. Hopefully it's just some crazy mistake??

cnc

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 9:06 pm
Did you ask someone to help you file your unemployment?

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 9:07 pm
Huge huge huge red flag!!!

I don’t even know who you should go to for help but I suggest you get some good advice IRL.

QueensMama

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 9:11 pm
Illegal immigrants use social security numbers to get jobs. It sounds like that's what happened.

groovy1224

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 9:20 pm
QueensMama wrote:
Illegal immigrants use social security numbers to get jobs. It sounds like that's what happened.

Yeah this is what I would assume is happening, especially since one employer is a grocery store. This is why I think OP should call the store ASAP.

4thebooks

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 9:22 pm
Omg where do I see what accounts are listed on my unemployment??

qwerty4

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 9:22 pm
cnc wrote:

I think this is a more likely scenario. Scores of people are using third parties to file unemployment, and they have no idea what is being presented to the Dept of Labor.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 9:23 pm
Do you know anybody who works for GG or your local grocery? Could they have stolen your social and used it for an illegal employee? 🙈

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 9:31 pm
4thebooks wrote:
Omg where do I see what accounts are listed on my unemployment??

I also want an answer to this

octopus

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 9:33 pm
I don't have anything helpful to add. Just that this is very worrisome. Please keep us posted.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 9:51 pm
I called the store. I'm sure they'll get to the bottom of it but it's worrisome to me that TWO ppl for other employers got my social.
Reported it to identitytheft.gov (not hopeful they will help me Sad )
Will call social security office tomorrow (again not hopeful they will help me, they're so inundated and from what I see online it looks like I'm just stuck.)

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 10:03 pm
cnc wrote:
im considering this because I heard people were denied. What’s the catch?

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 10:08 pm
OP, w'ere all confused. Where did you see the list of your unemployment?
Did you give it to a 3rd party to file for it?

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 10:10 pm
You can see it when you get the paperwork of how your unemployment amount was calculated.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 10:11 pm
During the application and verification process you need to verify your employer(s). These other places were listed. I verified my real employer and wrote that I do not work for the other two, but I want to know why those other two places are associated with my social. (I did everything myself, did not have any help or give my number to anyone.)

groovy1224

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 11:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I called the store. I'm sure they'll get to the bottom of it but it's worrisome to me that TWO ppl for other employers got my social.
Reported it to identitytheft.gov (not hopeful they will help me Sad )
Will call social security office tomorrow (again not hopeful they will help me, they're so inundated and from what I see online it looks like I'm just stuck.)

Maybe its the same person that registered with your social at 2 places. GG should be able to get to the bottom of this quickly, it should be pretty easy for them to figure out who used your SSN.

Hope you are able to get to the bottom of this!

flmommy

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 6:49 am
Is it possible the list was of places you may have been associated with and you were supposed to pick the real past employers? Like of those trick questions meant to assure that you are you?

zaq

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 8:57 am
Contact all three credit bureaus: Experian, Transunion and Equifax , and put a freeze on your credit. Let them know you're a victim of identity theft.

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 9:10 am
Sounds like identity theft.

Call the cops to file a report. Show them this paperwork as proof.

Call the identity theft hotline for help, it’s been a while since I called it but the number should be online. They were great at helping me figure out next steps (someone opened a credit account in my name a while back)

And like others have said, check your credit report
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics