Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Need a small and warm community in US

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 8:27 am
I live outside of N America and I've recently been offered the opportunity to get a Green card (through a parent who lives in NY and is a citizen by birth).

I am interested in coming to the States for a few months before making aliyah. Therefore looking for a very warm community that will welcome a single mom with one 3 year old daughter. I work entirely online and remotely so getting a job is not an issue.

I need a small 2 bedroom furnished home withing walking distance of the shul, and lots of kosher conveniences. Also a warm playschool for my daughter.

Anyone have any ideas?

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 8:50 am
Hi! So Lakewood got very picked up now. Friendly , welcoming. They keep building new developments, people buy and rent . I'm sure u can find a 2 bedroom to rent . It's a big place , though I dont know what type of section u are looking for , in Lakewood they have chassidish, yashivish, ... all types all in different sections but I know the place since I hav siblings and friends that live their. Very welcoming warm community. They have all kosher outlet, stores, restaurants ect. Near . Shuls. I would advise u to look into it. Lakewood is big tho, u need to look in which area would be your fit . But I only hear good things about living their.

Good luck!

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 9:02 am
what do you mean by lots of kosher conveniences? small communities usually have less kosher conveniences that larger ones.

Do you know anyone in America? Is living near your parent an option.

If you are coming for so short I wouldn't focus so much on how warm the "community" is but rather where you might already have support in place and it will be easier to do anything you need to do for aliya.

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 9:02 am
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
Hi! So Lakewood got very picked up now. Friendly , welcoming. They keep building new developments, people buy and rent . I'm sure u can find a 2 bedroom to rent . It's a big place , though I dont know what type of section u are looking for , in Lakewood they have chassidish, yashivish, ... all types all in different sections but I know the place since I hav siblings and friends that live their. Very welcoming warm community. They have all kosher outlet, stores, restaurants ect. Near . Shuls. I would advise u to look into it. Lakewood is big tho, u need to look in which area would be your fit . But I only hear good things about living their.

Good luck!

I live in Lakewood and love it but op asked for a small community. There are ka”h over 100,00 frum jews here.

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 9:13 am
[quote="amother [ OP ]"]I live outside of N America and I've recently been offered the opportunity to get a Green card (through a parent who lives in NY and is a citizen by birth).

I am interested in coming to the States for a few months before making aliyah. Therefore looking for a very warm community that will welcome a single mom with one 3 year old daughter. I work entirely online and remotely so getting a job is not an issue.

I need a small 2 bedroom furnished home withing walking distance of the shul, and lots of kosher conveniences. Also a warm playschool for my daughter.

Anyone have any ideas?[/quote

Hatzlacha!

Maybe rethink uprooting yourself and your daughter for just a few months. Even a warm community won't be so warm if they feel it's so temporary.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 9:18 am
Where on the spectrum do you fall? Yeshivish, MO, JPF, ect?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating