Home

NY: Do you expect people to follow rules of quarantining?
Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Issues of Concern within Frum Society -> Coronavirus/ COVID19 Health Concerns


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




Ivory
 

Post  Sun, Aug 02 2020, 10:38 am
What I don’t get is if you are an essential worker you don’t need to. Even in Canada.
Know someone flew into Canada - on business so no problem. Didn’t need to quarantine at all. .
Or my DH is traveling often for business. Was told if for business that is allowed don’t need to. How does that make sense?
Ppl on business can’t get Carona?
(We are strict with following laws were mask always. Rav said to follow law. If says don’t need to quarantine then follow that)
Back to top

amother




Green
 

Post  Sun, Aug 02 2020, 10:57 am
Rutabaga wrote:
Do you realize that this is a global pandemic? Virus particles don't care about American politics.



Correction:

Virus in the US will be over after elections.
Also, the politicizing is only for the past 2-4 months or so.
The first 2 months was serious danger.
I thought that was obvious.
Back to top

amother




Cerulean
 

Post  Sun, Aug 02 2020, 11:29 am
I live in Brooklyn, New York and I don’t see anybody wearing masks or social distancing. Shuls, restaurants, camps, bungalow colonies and day camps are open. Same goes for Lakewood. I wasn’t aware people needed to quarantine. I guess different cities have different rules.
Back to top

southernbubby




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Aug 02 2020, 11:51 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
I live in Brooklyn, New York and I don’t see anybody wearing masks or social distancing. Shuls, restaurants, camps, bungalow colonies and day camps are open. Same goes for Lakewood. I wasn’t aware people needed to quarantine. I guess different cities have different rules.


Cuomo is waiting for the other shoe to fall.
Back to top

amother




Turquoise
 

Post  Sun, Aug 02 2020, 11:54 am
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
Then I guess the whole thing isn’t a hoax after all 😢



Don't you see the reality is different now than it was in April?

Wearing masks and SD Sadly won't bring back anyone's loved ones. However acting now as though this pandemic is still going strong in NY is a hoax.

Everyone's free to do as they please however the continuing bashing of those who don't quarantine, SD etc is living in hysteria.
Back to top

amother




Azure
 

Post  Sun, Aug 02 2020, 11:57 am
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
Don't you see the reality is different now than it was in April?

Wearing masks and SD Sadly won't bring back anyone's loved ones. However acting now as though this pandemic is still going strong in NY is a hoax.

Everyone's free to do as they please however the continuing bashing of those who don't quarantine, SD etc is living in hysteria.

Yes it is different to April.

The reality is that now we know that younger people do transmit it and have greater concentrations of Covid than adults if they have mild symptoms.

We also know that people can get it twice so immunity wears off.

Furthermore, people who have had Covid either mildly or more severely can be left with permanent heart and lung damage.

The deaths from Covid have gone down which is positive, but we are very much still in the middle of a Pandemic. People socializing and travelling as if things are back to normal are playing with fire with their own lives and being selfish to others IMHO.
Back to top

amother




Vermilion
 

Post  Sun, Aug 02 2020, 12:03 pm
singleagain wrote:
FYI, there are 34 States you have to quarantine in NJ.

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus......html

There may not be a loophole.
Theres no loophole in any case because they were still in a state that requires quarantine and 2 weeks haven’t lapses. And nj has quarantines but they don’t have any fines. I guess pretending there’s a loophole makes her sil feel better so shh
Back to top

amother




Turquoise
 

Post  Sun, Aug 02 2020, 1:11 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Yes it is different to April.

The reality is that now we know that younger people do transmit it and have greater concentrations of Covid than adults if they have mild symptoms.

We also know that people can get it twice so immunity wears off.

Furthermore, people who have had Covid either mildly or more severely can be left with permanent heart and lung damage.

The deaths from Covid have gone down which is positive, but we are very much still in the middle of a Pandemic. People socializing and travelling as if things are back to normal are playing with fire with their own lives and being selfish to others IMHO.


Do you know of cases where s/o got it twice? Or are you calling people selfish based on hypothetical "so called" studies?

Everyone is entitled to their beliefs however name calling is not right
Back to top

amother




Lawngreen
 

Post  Sun, Aug 02 2020, 1:34 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
I’ll be returning from Florida to NY with my kids and yes, we will definitely be quarantining for two weeks before school.
I am sure many others plan to do the same.
No one is monitoring us, there don’t seem to be fines, but it’s the right thing to do.


Good for you!! I hope others will do the same.
Back to top

southernbubby




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Aug 02 2020, 3:40 pm
Two timers may have a dormant virus that reappears from time to time. Or it may be a new infection. Many of us are reluctant to say that it's gone forever until we know for sure.
Back to top

fleetwood




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Aug 02 2020, 4:24 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
Do you know of cases where s/o got it twice? Or are you calling people selfish based on hypothetical "so called" studies?

Everyone is entitled to their beliefs however name calling is not right


You're entitled to your beliefs until it puts others in harms way.
Back to top

amother




Jade
 

Post  Mon, Aug 03 2020, 12:47 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
Don't you see the reality is different now than it was in April?

Most people who insist that it's different now didn't see the danger then either.
Back to top
Previous  1, 2, 3 Recent Topics

Page 3 of 3 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Issues of Concern within Frum Society -> Coronavirus/ COVID19 Health Concerns

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Impressive! Many people, all ages, were wearing masks in BP
by amother
40 Today at 2:26 am View last post
Gerer Rebbe: Dont make a Chilul Hashem, follow rules.
by amother
7 Today at 12:18 am View last post
What is the coronavirus "agenda" people are talking about?
by amother
32 Yesterday at 10:04 pm View last post
If you dont hold from the Eruv, can people wear slip on Croc
by amother
3 Sun, Sep 27 2020, 11:50 am View last post
How do people decide on what car to buy or lease?
by amother
5 Sat, Sep 26 2020, 10:53 pm View last post