Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Do I need to fast after having coronavirus

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 11:33 am
It’s morning I’m my country. I’m so tired already. I’m scared because I had coronavirus few months ago I shouldn’t fast. I don’t want to ask a rabbi also because nobody knows any about this virus. Do women really need to fast this fast? I had weird symptoms still as early as two weeks ago of chest pains.

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 11:35 am
Of course you should ask the Rabbi. I'm sure many many many people asked this question this year.
Hope you feel better!

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 11:36 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It’s morning I’m my country. I’m so tired already. I’m scared because I had coronavirus few months ago I shouldn’t fast. I don’t want to ask a rabbi also because nobody knows any about this virus. Do women really need to fast this fast? I had weird symptoms still as early as two weeks ago of chest pains.

Yes women have to fast
Yes you should ask a rav because its likely that YOU in YOUR situation don't have to fast

Noone on this site can just tell you that you don't have to fast. This is a shaila for a rav

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 11:43 am
I wonder if anyone asked this question. I don’t have a rav

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 11:45 am
Do you need the number of a rav? You can call any rav without stating your name. Is this rabbi x? I have a shaila... That's all it takes.

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 12:00 pm
I have heard of people given a psak not to fast even if they have tested positive without symptoms. If you are already better from it it’s probably a different question. You need to find a rav to ask.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 12:03 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Do you need the number of a rav? You can call any rav without stating your name. Is this rabbi x? I have a shaila... That's all it takes.

Is there a rabbi that I can call at this time? I was hoping someone already asked this question

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 12:22 pm
I was sick months ago and I'm still having chest pains here and there. I didn't think of asking not to fast. Why would it be an issue? I think most people had covid at some point.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 12:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is there a rabbi that I can call at this time? I was hoping someone already asked this question

Even if someone asked already, you can't rely on the p'sak given to them. Everyone needs to ask for themselves.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 12:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

My rav is upstate and I don't have the number but I once called R Gavriel Zinner and he was very nice.
(718) 972-7233
(718) 436-9052

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 12:26 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
I was sick months ago and I'm still having chest pains here and there. I didn't think of asking not to fast. Why would it be an issue? I think most people had covid at some point.

Because no one knows what is the real danger and long term problems. I had really bad chest pains two weeks ago.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 12:28 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:

No, most people have not had covid.

Yes, its appropriate to ask a rabbi if you need to fast if you're having continuing symptoms.

Refuah shleima to you and OP.

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 12:29 pm
Would you question months after the flu? its been months and most of the world had it. Unless you were critically ill, I would not worry. Really though, Imamother and anonymous people know nothing about your medical history.
Ask a doctor. Ask a Rabbi.

4g01o

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 1:29 pm
I also had the virus a few months ago and bH I'm fasting really well today. 3.5 hours left here Smile

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 2:08 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Would you question months after the flu? its been months and most of the world had it. Unless you were critically ill, I would not worry. Really though, Imamother and anonymous people know nothing about your medical history.
Ask a doctor. Ask a Rabbi.

MOST PEOPLE HAVE NOT HAD COVID. That's a dangerous misstatement.

OP says that she's having lingering medical issues as a result of covid. That's a known thing that should be addressed by her doctors and rabbi.

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 4:14 pm
Does not matter whether most people have or have not had the virus. Regardless and staying on topic:

As many said, its a shaila

Call your doctor and a rov.

hugs and hatzlocha
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics