Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How often do you wash...
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 5:13 pm
...your bras? I’m so bad about remembering to do it 🙈

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 5:19 pm
Lol same.as gross as it sounds it really doesn’t get smelly.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 5:20 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
Lol same.as gross as it sounds it really doesn’t get smelly.

Ok I’m glad I’m not the only one!

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 5:20 pm
Change every 2-3 days. Wash once a week.

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 5:33 pm
My bras are expensive so I only get 3 at a time. I wear each for 2-3 days unless I get particularly sweaty. I almost always have 1 in the hamper to go in the next load, 1 drying on the rack, and 1 I'm wearing.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 5:42 pm
I generally change them every 2 days, then toss in a special basket, and wash 4-5 at a time, so I guess that’s a week and a halfish?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 5:42 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
Change every 2-3 days. Wash once a week.

Wow you’re so good!

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 5:44 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
My bras are expensive so I only get 3 at a time. I wear each for 2-3 days unless I get particularly sweaty. I almost always have 1 in the hamper to go in the next load, 1 drying on the rack, and 1 I'm wearing.

What?> I wash them after every time I wear them.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 5:48 pm
I have two categories of bras.

1. Cheap bras that I don’t mind throwing in the washing machine (though I still air dry them). I wear these whenever I’m at risk at getting at all sweaty, and I wash them after each wear.

2. Expensive bras that I only wear when I know I won’t be sweating at all (sitting at my desk working, doing low key housework, etc). These I only had wash, and as a result they get washed way too infrequently. TMI

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 5:56 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
I have two categories of bras.

1. Cheap bras that I don’t mind throwing in the washing machine (though I still air dry them). I wear these whenever I’m at risk at getting at all sweaty, and I wash them after each wear.

2. Expensive bras that I only wear when I know I won’t be sweating at all (sitting at my desk working, doing low key housework, etc). These I only had wash, and as a result they get washed way too infrequently. TMI

Interesting idea. What do you consider cheap bras?

little neshamala

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 6:08 pm
I wear a new bra each day and they get washed about once a week. But to be fair, im a small size, and can find great bras in the juniors section for 10-15$ a pair. My friend told me her extra support bras cost $70...if they were that expensive id probably try to stretch out the washes

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 6:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Interesting idea. What do you consider cheap bras?

Anything less than $20. Most are more like $15.

My expensive bras are in the $60-$100 range.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 6:27 pm
Ok I might be dumb, but what exactly is the difference between a bra and underpants? Shouldnt you change them both every day and wash them the same time you wash the rest of your stuff?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 6:31 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Ok I might be dumb, but what exactly is the difference between a bra and underpants? Shouldnt you change them both every day and wash them the same time you wash the rest of your stuff?

Unless your nursing (or end of pregnancy) you don’t have secretions coming out of your nipples. You also don’t use the bathroom from your chest and have waste residue going on to your bras. If you want to really understand the difference smell your underwear and bras at the end of the day.

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 6:33 pm

Assuming you are not nursing, a bra after one day's wear has absorbed a certain amount of sweat and *might* have a slight odor, which may or may not recede after airing out.
The same can not be said for underpants after a day's wear! Secretions! And that's the most pleasant part!

Oops. I see OP is a faster typist than I am.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 6:45 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
Assuming you are not nursing, a bra after one day's wear has absorbed a certain amount of sweat and *might* have a slight odor, which may or may not recede after airing out.
The same can not be said for underpants after a day's wear! Secretions! And that's the most pleasant part!

Oops. I see OP is a faster typist than I am.

Lol great minds 😝

amother
Green

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 6:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Unless your nursing (or end of pregnancy) you don’t have secretions coming out of your nipples. You also don’t use the bathroom from your chest and have waste residue going on to your bras. If you want to really understand the difference smell your underwear and bras at the end of the day.

Lol
I’m terrible at washing my bras 🙈

bigsis144

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 6:52 pm
Life hack:
I have started taking my bras into the shower with me (I toss them in while I’m undressing), hand-washing them with normal body wash while I wash my own body, then hanging them up to dry over the shower rod.

It certainly gets them washed more frequently than when I had to remember to wash them in the sink or the delicate cycle in the laundry room!

Last edited by bigsis144 on Sun, Aug 02 2020, 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 6:54 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Your right about the underwear part, what about shells though, let’s say sleevless. Does the same go for that, no need to wash every time?
Honestly in the summer heat doesn’t the entire body gets sweaty...I never thought of not changing my bra every day.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 6:57 pm
Your right about the underwear part, what about shells though, let’s say sleevless. Does the same go for that, no need to wash every time?
Honestly in the summer heat doesn’t the entire body gets sweaty...I never thought of not changing my bra every day.

It’s easier to wash shells and they cover more area than bras. Like my back often gets super sweaty and that would go on the shell. Not saying bras don’t but not as much.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry