Home

Whats with power in Raintree (Lakewood)?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post  Wed, Aug 05 2020, 11:29 pm
When will they have power restored?
Back to top

amother




Puce
 

Post  Thu, Aug 06 2020, 12:29 am
From what I heard, next Tuesday. Hopefully earlier though.... I feel bad for everyone there, esp those without generators.
Back to top

amother




Black
 

Post  Thu, Aug 06 2020, 2:16 am
Thrown into a world of the darkest nights and intense heat...
Where is everyone getting their generators from?
My neighbor has one and it’s incredibly loud.
What can run on a generator? Ac?
As if 1:57 tonight, parts of brookhill had power restored.
Back to top

amother




Lilac
 

Post  Thu, Aug 06 2020, 7:58 am
Tuesday’s the deadline to get the whole town back, right?
I’m very very thankful that we have most of our power. Last year we had nothing. But our boiler is electric and has no power and the cold baths and showers are really hard. We also can’t do laundry (not enough power for the machines) so we’re pretty much right back to the 9 days!
Back to top

amother




Black
 

Post  Thu, Aug 06 2020, 9:51 am
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
Tuesday’s the deadline to get the whole town back, right?
I’m very very thankful that we have most of our power. Last year we had nothing. But our boiler is electric and has no power and the cold baths and showers are really hard. We also can’t do laundry (not enough power for the machines) so we’re pretty much right back to the 9 days!


You had lights and ac??
If yes, please don’t complain...
Back to top

amother




Natural
 

Post  Thu, Aug 06 2020, 11:01 am
amother [ Black ] wrote:
You had lights and ac??
If yes, please don’t complain...

Why can't she complain if she doesn't like cold showers and dirty laundry piling up?
Just because other ppl have it worse is not a reason not to complain!
Bh for everything we have!! We daven that everyone should get full power back on!
Back to top

amother




Natural
 

Post  Thu, Aug 06 2020, 11:05 am
Btw we are not able to use the water in our house because our sewage run on electricity and my brother doesn't have warer at all because he has a well and no running water without electricity.
If you have water and toilets ,dont complain that you don't have A/C and lights!! LOL
Back to top

giselle




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Aug 06 2020, 11:06 am
amother [ Black ] wrote:
You had lights and ac??
If yes, please don’t complain...

It’s interesting you say that. I recently watched Schindler’s List and since then I realized I literally can’t complain about ANYTHING in my life. But can you imagine if I posted that to someone who lost power and water? Be happy that you didn’t go through the Holocaust. I’m going to guess that your life is better than those who went through the Holocaust. So please don’t ever complain about anything again.
Back to top

amother




Black
 

Post  Thu, Aug 06 2020, 11:50 am
If you are not going through what we’re going through, don’t say anything-

My thermostat went up to 90 degrees in my house
We were terrified of being broken in to in the middle of the night - the darkness is not something you can imagine
Back to top

giselle




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Aug 06 2020, 11:53 am
amother [ Black ] wrote:
If you are not going through what we’re going through, don’t say anything-

My thermostat went up to 90 degrees in my house
We were terrified of being broken in to in the middle of the night - the darkness is not something you can imagine

Um I did go through that.

Who’s the deciding factor on what you’re allowed to complain about?
Back to top

Chayalle




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Aug 06 2020, 11:58 am
giselle wrote:
It’s interesting you say that. I recently watched Schindler’s List and since then I realized I literally can’t complain about ANYTHING in my life. But can you imagine if I posted that to someone who lost power and water? Be happy that you didn’t go through the Holocaust. I’m going to guess that your life is better than those who went through the Holocaust. So please don’t ever complain about anything again.


I don't know how you watched that. I once saw a clip of it - probably a preview or something like that - and it convinced me I can't handle ever watching it.

I don't think posting what someone is experiencing = complaining. Everyone's experience is different and I'm okay hearing it all.

I haven't had power since Tuesday lunch time, but we do have running water, hot showers (I'm not sure how that works but we've been conserving, taking short showers, and it's been working for us) and a gas stove that can be lit with a match. Also a grill on our deck that has turned out hot suppers for us.

We also have supportive relatives who cleared out an extra freezer for us, and hosted us for the night last night so we felt normal. I'm really grateful to them.

As a mother, I'll admit that I find this a bit overwhelming, but at the same time feel that I need to set the tone for my family. If I sound positive, they are more positive. So I'm trying my hardest.

Wishing everyone like me power soon restored....the day is yet young, so I'm hoping we can be home for Shabbos....
Back to top

giselle




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Aug 06 2020, 12:11 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I don't know how you watched that. I once saw a clip of it - probably a preview or something like that - and it convinced me I can't handle ever watching it.

I don't think posting what someone is experiencing = complaining. Everyone's experience is different and I'm okay hearing it all.

I haven't had power since Tuesday lunch time, but we do have running water, hot showers (I'm not sure how that works but we've been conserving, taking short showers, and it's been working for us) and a gas stove that can be lit with a match. Also a grill on our deck that has turned out hot suppers for us.

We also have supportive relatives who cleared out an extra freezer for us, and hosted us for the night last night so we felt normal. I'm really grateful to them.

As a mother, I'll admit that I find this a bit overwhelming, but at the same time feel that I need to set the tone for my family. If I sound positive, they are more positive. So I'm trying my hardest.

Wishing everyone like me power soon restored....the day is yet young, so I'm hoping we can be home for Shabbos....

I’ve watched it multiple times over the years. It’s horrific. Don’t watch it.

I completely agree with you about being ok with people posting/venting/whatever is needed. That was the point I was trying to make. That poster decided that only those going through exactly what she is going through are allowed to complain. It doesn’t work like that. Trust me, even though watching these things helps change my perspective, I was still quite cranky after no one slept well because it was so hot, and no one was able to shower as we didn’t have hot water.
Back to top

amother




Lilac
 

Post  Thu, Aug 06 2020, 12:21 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
If you are not going through what we’re going through, don’t say anything-

My thermostat went up to 90 degrees in my house
We were terrified of being broken in to in the middle of the night - the darkness is not something you can imagine
lololol
I very clearly said that I was thankful for what I do have. Last year we had nothing for over 3 days.
Ac working at half power. Thanks for checking in on me, appreciate your thinking of others Smile
Back to top

amother




Lilac
 

Post  Thu, Aug 06 2020, 12:24 pm
giselle wrote:
I’ve watched it multiple times over the years. It’s horrific. Don’t watch it.

I completely agree with you about being ok with people posting/venting/whatever is needed. That was the point I was trying to make. That poster decided that only those going through exactly what she is going through are allowed to complain. It doesn’t work like that. Trust me, even though watching these things helps change my perspective, I was still quite cranky after no one slept well because it was so hot, and no one was able to shower as we didn’t have hot water.
I didn’t think I was complaining. I was just stating the facts and that I hoped everyone would have all power back by Tuesday.
Apparently I’m not allowed to want hot water or a washing machine.
Back to top

giselle




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Aug 06 2020, 12:27 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
I didn’t think I was complaining. I was just stating the facts and that I hoped everyone would have all power back by Tuesday.
Apparently I’m not allowed to want hot water or a washing machine.

And if you want to complain that’s fine too!
Back to top

amother




Lilac
 

Post  Thu, Aug 06 2020, 12:31 pm
giselle wrote:
And if you want to complain that’s fine too!
Thanks, that’s generous of you. Smile I’m trying to help out my relatives who have nothing and honestly that’s the most challenging part. I’m super tight on space to begin with. I have to do it though because I remember how abandoned I felt last year.

ETA I don’t really mean abandoned, I was going through crazy health issues last year and then had to deal with the blackout. It crushed me. Most people are Baruch hashem not dealing with everything at once but I’m still doing what I can.
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Where to buy slow release Advil Lakewood?
by amother
3 Yesterday at 10:16 pm View last post
Covid testing in Lakewood
by amother
19 Fri, Sep 25 2020, 12:01 am View last post
Lakewood area obgyn allowing spouse
by amother
18 Thu, Sep 24 2020, 2:41 pm View last post
Lakewood Schools
by amother
4 Thu, Sep 24 2020, 10:03 am View last post
Apple Picking between Lakewood and Monsey
by amother
3 Wed, Sep 23 2020, 4:02 pm View last post