Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Schools can REOPEN in NY!!!
Previous  1  2  3  4

southernbubby

Post Sat, Aug 08 2020, 9:57 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
I guess u didn’t see that Nassau country reported the 5 towns had an explosion of new cases after kids came home from a Pennsylvania sleeapaway camp

The report that I saw said that 8 campers tested positive. Hopefully that won't extend to their families and community.

southernbubby

Post Sat, Aug 08 2020, 10:01 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
And shock! shock! shock! The numbers are not going up at all. Even with all the supposed "not following social distancing" etc. etc. etc.

I really hope that our herd immunity holds out through Tishrei. People are going to travel so I hope that they don't bring home a souvenir.

Mommyg8

Post Sat, Aug 08 2020, 10:10 pm
southernbubby wrote:
The report that I saw said that 8 campers tested positive. Hopefully that won't extend to their families and community.

If someone tests positive, I hope they have the good sense to quarantine until they test negative.

southernbubby

Post Sat, Aug 08 2020, 10:42 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
If someone tests positive, I hope they have the good sense to quarantine until they test negative.

It means isolating children in a room of the home until the symptoms subside and about 10 days has elapsed since the illness started. I don't know if they retest everyone who tests positive. They are all in quarantine.

soap suds

Post Sat, Aug 08 2020, 11:12 pm
Mothers wrote:
So what’s to stop schools from doing the same thing (I.e. registering as child care centers)?
That’s exactly what schools in Brooklyn did at the end of the school year.

monkeymamma

Post Sat, Aug 08 2020, 11:15 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:

People who test positive should get tested again to ensure that the results are accurate since the governor of Ohio tested positive then negative so the tests are not accurate or reliable for that matter. https://www.npr.org/sections/c.....virus

flowergirl8

Post Sat, Aug 08 2020, 11:35 pm
Just to clarify. Cuomo simply stated schools are allowed to open. He did not say they were. He was giving each district permission to decide themselves and taking himself out of the equation.
Sorry OP but as of now we have no more information than we had before. Perhaps this part was missed by you.
Just adding this is regarding public schools. I have no idea how it will effect private ones.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sat, Aug 08 2020, 11:47 pm
southernbubby wrote:
That slight headache, queasy stomach, mild sore throat, stuffy nose, occasional cough, etc will probably require staying home until it can be determined that it isn't contagious. It will be a real pain in the tuchus except that the one thing not caused by Corona virus is a pain in the tuchus!
My son lives in RBS B and someone is almost always home from school. Usually it's because the school is closed due to the virus but I think that they currently have a break that may be something that occurs normally between sessions.

The bolded is a really big issue. I'm a teacher and very rarely miss school. But if I have to stay home every time I have even the slightest symptom, not to mention if any of my kids has even the slightest symptom, I am likely to end up missing many days.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics