Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Thread attention

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 2:25 am
Why do some threads get so much attention and others don’t? Even if they’re similar kinds of threads

ExtraCredit

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 2:37 am
Sometimes, because there are a few similar ones at the same time, people respond to an ongoing conversation instead of repeating the same thoughts in a few places. So one can become a long discussion while the similar ones phase out.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 5:49 am
It also depends on the day of the week, and the time zone when it was posted.

If it's posted at a quiet time, it can fall off of the main page when new posts are made, and then unless someone bumps it up to the top, no one will even know it was there.

Posting right after Shabbos is the worst time, as most people are still doing family things. If you need a lot of replies, post on a Monday.

singleagain

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 7:47 am
Also, I don't care if a thread warns me it'll be long. But I can't always read a long block of text, without spacing

I need paragraphs.

Plus, I will sometimes click in if I see a certain posters who posted last bc I enjoy seeing what they have to say about certain topics.

crust

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 9:44 am
There can be many factors.
If you give a link to the threads in question we can help you analyze it.

ExtraCredit

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 10:53 am
There were a few threads started about 2 a.m. and deleted shortly after. If you are referring to those, the timing of it might be the answer. Try it Monday during the day as suggested above.

giselle

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 11:28 am
In addition to all the responses above, I’ve had threads that got like one response and then were randomly revived by another poster weeks later and got many responses 🤷🏼‍♀️

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 12:32 pm
It’s so interesting to me. I think you’re right that Ppl will continue a similar thread instead of a new similar one.
The Monday thing- never noticed that....

zaq

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 2:24 pm
singleagain wrote:
Also, I don't care if a thread warns me it'll be long. But I can't always read a long block of text, without spacing

I need paragraphs.

Plus, I will sometimes click in if I see a certain posters who posted last bc I enjoy seeing what they have to say about certain topics.

This.

Elfrida

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 2:42 pm
I started reading one post a week or two ago. It was a huge block of text, with no paragraphs and lots of very long sentences composed of a lot of text speak. By the time I was half way through I'd put so much effort into deciphering it, that I'd lost track of exactly what was going on. I gave up on it. I think most people had a similar reaction, because as far I saw noticed, no one responded.

I can read long posts, but they need to be broken down and clearly written.

israelmama

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 3:33 pm
If the OP spells using text language (u,ur) and/or doesn't write clearly, I won't look at the post.
If the OP goes under amother I won't read the post unless it really interests me
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics