Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Camp sternberg
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 5:27 pm
They have weekend offers for families . Had anyone been there and can give me some feedback of the place?

ta1

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 5:53 pm
Following also interested

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 5:54 pm
We went on a Sunday just to use their amenities and it was awesome!
Don’t know anyone who actually rented out bungalows though

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 6:00 pm
Where can I find more info?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 6:03 pm
5169926131 ext. 103

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 6:19 pm
Hoe much do they charge to use their amenities and what do they have in camp grounds? How much do they charge for shabbos?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 6:37 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
Hoe much do they charge to use their amenities and what do they have in camp grounds? How much do they charge for shabbos?

999 the shabbos up to 5 kids . From friday 2 untill sunday. Water park, petting zoo and more ... provide food for entire shabbos. I left number here . U can call and ask. I just would like to hear from someone that went how it was.

Does anyone know of another shabbos program for upcoming week??

Simple1

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 7:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
999 the shabbos up to 5 kids . From friday 2 untill sunday. Water park, petting zoo and more ... provide food for entire shabbos. I left number here . U can call and ask. I just would like to hear from someone that went how it was.

Does anyone know of another shabbos program for upcoming week??

5 kids or 5 people? I called and I thought they meant 5 all together.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 7:32 pm
Simple1 wrote:
5 kids or 5 people? I called and I thought they meant 5 all together.

5 people

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 7:45 pm
How much is it during the week? Is there food available? What are the accommodations like? Do you get a bunk house or a real bungalow?

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 8:50 pm
years ago the bathrooms were all broken and you could not drink the water

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 9:10 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
years ago the bathrooms were all broken and you could not drink the water

Things definitely have changed...

UQT

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 11:23 am
I was there this past Shabbos. We had such a wonderful weekend! No you are not going to the Ritz and don't go there expecting it to be. That said it is decent. They sent me pictures before I went so I knew what I was getting myself into. They did offer a brand new bungalow for $500 more per weekend for those that are more particular. You paid $999 for the shabbos and that included 5 people. You only pay for kids age 4 and up. If you are more than 5 people you need to pay $150 per person for food. I saw some families with one or two kids came with anther couple and split the cost of the bungalow. They had decent food - very campy but not horrible that you couldn't stomach it.

They really aimed to please - kugel and cholent before shabbos, never ran out of food. They had fireworks motzei shabbos. Anytime the golf cart passed and we asked for a lift they gladly gave it to us. The price includes some Sunday ammenities - choice of waterpark or boating, sunday and friday swim hours (the men swam motzei shabbos also), waterslides and a petting zoo. They had ATV, bungee jumping, rock climbing and zip lining for an additional fee. The canteen was also very tempting so you will end up paying more than you planned unless you are very strict with kids about what you are willing to pay for. The waterpark was the highlight of the weekend for my bigger kids- it's only really for ages 6 and up as you have to swim through the lake to get there.

They let us stay in the bungalow until late sunday, though you had to pay extra for Sunday lunch and supper. In the end I don't think that was so worth it ($35/person) I should have just purchased pizza for the kids at the canteen and bought supper on the way home.

We came back very rejuvenated - it was a nice crowd, beautiful cool weather and gorgeous grounds. We did lots of walking, playing in the park and enjoying nature. I saw one family made a campfire Motzei Shabbos, but we were too exhausted then to ask if we can do it too.

Any other questions let me know.

UQT

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 11:24 am
To answer two more questions I see - you get staff bungalows - I do not believe it's available to come during the week - you need to ask. I understand Magen Av is being rented out by the week but without any food or kitchen faculties

UQT

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 11:25 am
Also he said he's almost fully booked for this week so if are interested reach out to them early in the week.

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 11:57 am
Who's hashgacha or what brand meat do they use in their kitchen?
Also, regarding the water park; Is it their own? What is the water park like?
How many bedrooms do the bungalows that they provide have? Are there normal beds, or camp bunk beds?
Thanks!

UQT

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 1:11 pm
I did not ask for Hashgachos, you would need to ask them.
The water park is theirs - it's more like Black Beards lake ( a reference for you lakewooders.) The whole park is situated on a lake and you will keep falling in the water. The bungalow I had was 3 bedroom. They were OK with us filling it to the max. I got normal beds in the master, the kids had those plastic covered matresses but I think each bungalow is different.

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 3:14 pm
Gosh I wish I had heard about this with more notice! The best summers of my life were in Sternberg (pioneers to be exact!) and I’d love to take my kids for a weekend! I’d even stay in a tent if they had them! Or my old room attached to the pole building....oh those were the day! Sadly, I can’t take a vacation day for another month, or this would have been a great idea!

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 3:21 pm
Any chassidim there?

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 4:15 pm
My daughter went with her day camp for the day at camp sternberg and had a really good time.
I went there for years as a kid and don’t remember it being as fun. It sounds like they got many new things over the years.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics