Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
Given food you don’t like— what’s right to do?
Previous  1  2

Elfrida

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 3:50 pm
I don't like gefilte fish. I normally manage to take a small portion, and eat it with a lot of challah.

I remember once someone served a fairly spicy gazpacho soup, and I couldn't bear it. Again, I managed it with challah. The hostess began a discussion about options for cold soup to serve during the summer, so my distaste probably didn't go unnoticed.

When someone has made an effort, it's not so nice to reject their hard work. But when there are half a dozen salads, I can avoid the ones I don't like without it causing comment.

Overall, if I go out, I try not to make the hostess feel that she should have prepared something else.

If the food is spoiled, that is harder. Start with a small portion and eat very slowly, hoping that someone in the family will comment first. Fortunately it very rarely happens.

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 4:08 pm
Elfrida wrote:
If the food is spoiled, that is harder. Start with a small portion and eat very slowly, hoping that someone in the family will comment first. Fortunately it very rarely happens.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics