Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Will corona anxiety ever go away?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 7:56 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
There is no herd immunity anywhere for Covid.

Are you aware that many Jewish communities in NY didn’t see a new case since pesach? If that isn’t herd community then what is?

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 7:57 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Are you aware that many Jewish communities in NY didn’t see a new case since pesach? If that isn’t herd community then what is?

That's made up narishkeit

Miri1

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 8:03 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Right. I did mention I believe in 3 out of the 4 reasons I mentioned (vaccines weren’t invented yet). Some people are anxious despite these reasons and don’t stop spreading the panic. My question to them is what will it take for you to calm down? So far no one was able to answer yet.

Those three reasons would only apply if you had caught it and have antibodies.
And then there are people who are worried about their elderly or vulnerable family members.
You have had it, and so in your mind it is over.
But that is why you are not anxious, and will explain why many others are.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 8:07 pm
Miri1 wrote:
Those three reasons would only apply if you had caught it and have antibodies.
And then there are people who are worried about their elderly or vulnerable family members.
You have had it, and so in your mind it is over.
But that is why you are not anxious, and will explain why many others are.

Not all my family members and neighbors caught it but they are equally chilled about it at this point after seeing for months that no new cases popping up. Really makes me wonder. Are people blind? Or dumb? Guess it must be a bad case of anxiety which is not going anywhere fast.

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 8:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Then my question isn’t directed to you. Many posters here are denying the idea of herd immunity and antibody protection.

Then why are you sending me to a therapist? Or are you saying I need a psychiatrist for medication? 🙄

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 8:09 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
Then why are you sending me to a therapist? Or are you saying I need a psychiatrist for medication? 🙄

What I’m saying with this thread is that those that have corona anxiety should please not spread the panic to those who don’t feel like panicking for the next 2 years.

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 8:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Not all my family members and neighbors caught it but they are equally chilled about it at this point after seeing for months that no new cases popping up. Really makes me wonder. Are people blind? Or dumb? Guess it must be a bad case of anxiety which is not going anywhere fast.

Maybe it’s better to be blind and dumb than to be calllous. You decided there’s not reason to worry so everyone who worries is dumb. Why can’t you have a little sympathy? When your kid has a nightmare do you call them dumb?

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 8:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What I’m saying with this thread is that those that have corona anxiety should please not spread the panic to those who don’t feel like panicking for the next 2 years.

If you don’t feel like there’s a reason to panic don’t panic.

Miri1

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 8:12 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Also, remember that not everyone you encounter on here is from a neighborhood that can claim herd immunity.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 8:13 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
Maybe it’s better to be blind and dumb than to be calllous. You decided there’s not reason to worry so everyone who worries is dumb. Why can’t you have a little sympathy? When your kid has a nightmare do you call them dumb?

No I explain to them that no dragon is hiding under the bed and show them that the closets are empty from robbers and all is safe for now. If they keep scaring everyone else in the house I tell the others it’s just his nightmares and not true.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 8:13 pm
I'll bite.
I'm not anxious about carona on a daily basis anymore. I have not been exposed at all, I'm not in NYC, I do know ppl who died. I have enough anxiety about other things like getting my kids into carpools and having to labor in a mask. So I will not have anxiety about catching covid. I take my kids to parks and indoor playgrounds and let them invite friends over etc etc. I don't need extra anxiety in my life.

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 8:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
No I explain to them that no dragon is hiding under the bed and show them that the closets are empty from robbers and all is safe for now. If they keep scaring everyone else in the house I tell the others it’s just his nightmares and not true.

So calling people dumb is only reserved for frum mothers online. I get it.

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 8:17 pm
Some people are found to have heart or lung damage months after they recover from corona.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 8:17 pm
The answer to your question is that it depends where you live. If you live in Williamsburg, Boro Park, Skver or Kiryas Yoel, you're probably done panicking for now. Der Basheffer should help, that there shouldn't be a 2nd wave. Ch'v if a second wave comes, the panic will return.
If you live in Lakewood, Monsey, Flatbush or the Five Towns, your level of panic depends on your age, whether you had covid already or not, and which side of the political spectrum you're on.
Everywhere else, they will continue panicking until the pandemic is over.
As for me personally, I'm in the catskills for the summer and it's been such a welcome bubble away from reality, I'm really sad and scared at what awaits us when we return home to NYC. HaShem should hold his Right Hand over us all....
Rosh Hashana and YK this year will be at a level we haven't experienced in our lives. We've never internalized the 'mi yichyeh mi yamus' and 'm'na megaifah minachlusechu' in the way we will this year.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 8:18 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
So calling people dumb is only reserved for frum mothers online. I get it.

Right. Adults should know the difference between real danger and senseless panic that people around here derive pleasure from spreading.

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 8:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Right. Adults should know the difference between real danger and senseless panic that people around here derive pleasure from spreading.

If you have all the facts 💯 then why in the world would you panic?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 8:23 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
The answer to your question is that it depends where you live. If you live in Williamsburg, Boro Park, Skver or Kiryas Yoel, you're probably done panicking for now. Der Basheffer should help, that there shouldn't be a 2nd wave. Ch'v if a second wave comes, the panic will return.
If you live in Lakewood, Monsey, Flatbush or the Five Towns, your level of panic depends on your age, whether you had covid already or not, and which side of the political spectrum you're on.
Everywhere else, they will continue panicking until the pandemic is over.
As for me personally, I'm in the catskills for the summer and it's been such a welcome bubble away from reality, I'm really sad and scared at what awaits us when we return home to NYC. HaShem should hold his Right Hand over us all....
Rosh Hashana and YK this year will be at a level we haven't experienced in our lives. We've never internalized the 'mi yichyeh mi yamus' and 'm'na megaifah minachlusechu' in the way we will this year.

Well said and I live in the second set of locations you posted.

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 8:24 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
You're being purposely dense.

I don't worry about heart disease deaths because I can control me risk.

I worry about covid because selfish people refuse to wear masks and socially distance, placing me at risk.

And why should I stay home? Why shouldn't the selfish covidiiots stay home instead?

You can absolutely control your risk. Wear a mask, don’t go to crowded places, don’t go near people, stay home. As long as I don’t force you to stand right near me and I wear a mask indoors when it’s required, I am doing absolutely nothing wrong.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 8:34 pm
I was pretty frightened. Then DH had a bad case.

I took care of him with gloves but not a mask til he went to the hospital.

I didn't take an antibody test because I'm pretty confident I resisted the virus somehow if I was here with him all the time.

Nevertheless I'm not going to crowded places, weddings etc.

I do go out for things that are really necessary.

I have heard of supposed reinfections and started to get a little frightened but DH told me that it's a lack of bitachon to get scared until there's real evidence of a problem.

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 9:08 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
You're being purposely dense.

I don't worry about heart disease deaths because I can control me risk.

I worry about covid because selfish people refuse to wear masks and socially distance, placing me at risk.

And why should I stay home? Why shouldn't the selfish covidiiots stay home instead?

Only Hashem controls..

YOU ARE IN CONTROL OF NOTHING

It is very far from 100% true that masks are the magic cure..
Some tests claim that a shmatta over your face does more harm than good

Not to mention that hospitals get paid for Covid desth

Cancer, heart attacks , accident were often labeled Covid..

I do not believe the 160000 were all ONLY covid19

Also what percentage were very elderly in nursing homes...

But adaraba wear a hazmat suit if that helps you sleep at night
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics