Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Will corona anxiety ever go away?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 5:02 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
People are not spreading hysteria or wallowing. We would all love if herd immunity happens great. There is some evidence that it is happening for sure but it isn’t a given. Being prepared for the worst-case scenario is sensible given that in a few months, if herd immunity hasn’t happened, we all may be in lockdown again. I personally would rather be prepared for that scenario versus skipping along happily like nothing is happening and only looking for good news.

Maybe you aren't reading the same threads I've been reading.
I don't believe we'll be locked down again therefore preparing for that, to me isn't sensible, it's awaiting doomsday.

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 5:34 pm
Corona doesn’t cause anxiety, it just brings it to the surface. So someone who is anxious about corona may move on to other things to be anxious about if they don’t treat/learn to deal with their anxiety.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 8:27 pm
Because it's been made so political, and there are covidiots running around saying that social distancing and masks don't do anything useful, and doctors and scientists change their minds frequently, it does cause anxiety. Until we clearly see that those few positive cases from a wedding, camp, or bungalow colony don't spread through the community, then yes there is going to be plenty of concern.
Many of us not only didn't already have it but are in an age category that doesn't always handle it well so try to be a little understanding and less selfish.
I'm sure that all those people who blame hospitals from coast to coast for causing Covid patients to die are not big believers in modern medicine anyway and must be smarter than the doctors and if these geniuses are smarter than doctors then there is plenty to panic about.

I am not picking on any individuals, just the ideas.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 8:36 pm
Supermom#1 wrote:
yes, it will. as soon as the elections are over.

Also, I think it's a community/societal thing. If you're neighbors are all doing things a certain way, you don't want to be the odd man out. I know it sounds ridiculous, but this can be easily observed.

Ugh, posts like this make me mad.

I guess the 100,000 dead people in Brazil will also come back to life after the US elections.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 9:04 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Maybe you aren't reading the same threads I've been reading.
I don't believe we'll be locked down again therefore preparing for that, to me isn't sensible, it's awaiting doomsday.

While I don't think that we have to go back to hoarding toilet paper, I think that it's possible that a class or school will have to shut down for awhile and that people should be prepared to have their kids home rather than trying to figure it out once the kids are in quarantine. That might mean stocking up on pantry food and supplies.

ExtraCredit

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 9:10 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
In NY, we did not get covid although everyone around did. We were super OCD careful while Corona was raging around us, and relaxed when it dwindled. I made a conscious decision that I will not worry or be anxious because when there are so many unknowns, it's not worth the fear. Contradicting studies- I'm happy to believe the optimistic ones. Hashem will help and protect us. I wear a mask when indoors if required. I listen to my dr (who says reinfection is so rare it's not a concern) and I daven for the world. Otherwise, my life focus is on other things like camp ending and school starting once again iyh.

Same. I’m also focusing on losing weight, dentist appointments, and organizing some closets.

dancingqueen

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 9:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes I have antibodies. That’s why I have no anxiety about it. Even though you can anyway blah blah antibodies blah blah blah.

So you answered your own question. 🤔

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 9:19 pm
My dentist will still not see patients for anything other than emergencies and my teeth are rotting away. it's not funny Sad at all

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 9:20 pm
dancingqueen wrote:
So you answered your own question. 🤔

No I’m talking to people who claim antibodies are worthless and only panicking is worthy.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 9:20 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Until we clearly see that those few positive cases from a wedding, camp, or bungalow colony don't spread through the community, then yes there is going to be plenty of concern.

You can start breathing easy bc bh it is really not spreading.

I am very worried for the flu season to be honest, I'm worried that covid might flare up then again. I'm scared about the winter.

ExtraCredit

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 9:21 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
My dentist will still not see patients for anything other than emergencies and my teeth are rotting away. it's not funny Sad at all

If your teeth are rotting then that’s an emergency don’t you think? I never go just for pleasure!

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 11:09 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
people who wear a mask are not labeled anxious. OP is referring to the ppl who come on here on imamother and are as panicky now as we were in April. like the people who write that 1000 ppl die every day of covid-19. Yes - 1000 people in a country as big as Europe. Not 1000 people per state. Or other similar posters who post terrified posts about being terrified and makes it seem as if every wedding and shul gathering will kill half of the attendees. Which is what happened in March, and hasnt happened since. SHe isnt referring to the average person who wears a mask and takes precautions, but at the posters writing panicky doomsday posts. (none of them have come true as of yet)

Agree with your point. However, even in March, 50% of attendees to Shul or weddings were not dying. Less then 1% were dying.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 11:41 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
You can start breathing easy bc bh it is really not spreading.

I am very worried for the flu season to be honest, I'm worried that covid might flare up then again. I'm scared about the winter.

People will travel for Tishrei and non-Jews for their holiday and people will be indoors more. I am also wondering if people who had very mild cases, such as what happened to most kids, stay immune. And then we have to remember that 30 to 40% never had it.

Miri1

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 10:12 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
No I’m talking to people who claim antibodies are worthless and only panicking is worthy.

That wasn't clear at all from your original post.

So, to clarify...
You're specifically talking to the non vulnerable people who have had the virus and have antibodies, who are also communicating in anxiety provoking language?

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 11:12 am
Mama Bear wrote:

Can you see a new dentist? I'm going to a new eye doctor iyH.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 11:13 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
Agree with your point. However, even in March, 50% of attendees to Shul or weddings were not dying. Less then 1% were dying.

How much less? Take a wedding of 300 people. That's one. R"l a large levaya. Maybe that's a few more.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 11:14 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

What about antibodies may have value, and we should be cautious?

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 12:09 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:

Lo aleinu v'lo aleichem, march and april were so terrifying, I never ever want to go through anything like that again. 1% is way more than enough!!!

but I was being hyperbolic. Of course I didnt think half the attendees died. I was speaking broadly.

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 12:10 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
Can you see a new dentist? I'm going to a new eye doctor iyH.

I have dental anxiety and have tried out every dentist in my neighborhood and finally have someone I feel comfortable with. It's very daunting to start from scratch again. Plus, the majority of the dentists in my area are still not seeing patients for non-emergencies, it's not just my dentist. grrrr...

bh the eye dr is seeing ppl. Seems like the dentists are scared of working inside people's mouths. I dont' blame them. But it's a real problem!

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 12:15 pm
where we are dentists have been open with protocols since June

hugs and hatzlocha
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics