Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
S/O best HEALTHY brand of disposable diapers

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 11:56 pm
I know I know, cloth diapering is best, but realistically I can't do that.
I used to use Tushies but aside from costing $$$ they also leaked terribly. Then for a while I switched to Huggies Natural but they also leaked and I'm not sure they were all that natural. With my last baby I used Seventh Generation. They're ok both financially and leak-wise. Looking ahead to my next baby iyh, is there anything better out there that does not contain fragrances, dyes, and uses least synthetic materials?

miami85

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 12:01 am
Through 5 kids I've never had any issues with Pampers, Luvs, Target or Kirkland. Aside from occasional rashes that can be attributed to food issues etc. Not sure what you mean by a "healthy" diaper.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 9:12 am
Look into it a bit more you will be surprised by the toxic ingredients used on your newborn's flesh, including chlorine, dyes, VOCs, etc. I try to use healthier products for babies including soap, wipes, and clothes.

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 9:16 am
We use the mama bear gentle diapers from Amazon. Best price we found for chlorine free. Honest diapers are also very good but no wetness indicator and $$$$.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 9:27 am
Millions of babies have worn standard disposable diapers with no ill effects. If anything, by keeping your baby away from ordinary substances, you may create skin sensitivities. I know that natural sounds better, and lets you feel like you're giving your baby the best chances, but this isn't an area where you need to be so vigilant.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 9:28 am
Pampers Pure doesn't leak and doesn't have artificial scents.

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 9:35 am
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
Millions of babies have worn standard disposable diapers with no ill effects. If anything, by keeping your baby away from ordinary substances, you may create skin sensitivities. I know that natural sounds better, and lets you feel like you're giving your baby the best chances, but this isn't an area where you need to be so vigilant.

We used regular ones until my baby got a rash that wouldn't go away and the doctor said to switch. Sure enough, the rash went away and when we tried to go back to chlorine diapers, the rash came back. You can definitely develop a sensitivity after exposure.

aliavi

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 9:55 am
There are some lesser known brands that you can check out to find a good fit for your baby. Try a sampler pack.

https://www.diaperdabbler.com/.....ize-1

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 9:56 am
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
We used regular ones until my baby got a rash that wouldn't go away and the doctor said to switch. Sure enough, the rash went away and when we tried to go back to chlorine diapers, the rash came back. You can definitely develop a sensitivity after exposure.

Some kids can. Millions don't. I'm not sure it's worth going to the extra effort and expense if you don't know for sure that you need to.

aliavi

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 10:00 am
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:

Pediatricians advise chlorine in diapers can irritate asthma and RSV. Younger babies typically have the most reaction. If your babies don’t have these issues that’s great.

rachel6543

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 11:38 am
ALDI brand diapers? They are unscented and latex free. They worked well for my daughter.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 11:40 am
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:

False. Diaper rash is considered normal, but in most cases, it is avoidable. Babies are in pain for no reason.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 11:42 am
There is no known benefit to exposure to skin irritants, and there is no reason to assume that it is helpful in any way just because it's considered "normal".

miami85

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 12:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Look into it a bit more you will be surprised by the toxic ingredients used on your newborn's flesh, including chlorine, dyes, VOCs, etc. I try to use healthier products for babies including soap, wipes, and clothes.

Still not getting the problem, dyes are in all clothing--unless you are wearing all organic unbleached cotton--which for a frum woman is a near impossible/impractical mode of dress. If you are using cloth diapers presumably you are using a bleaching agent for a disinfectant. Just because something is "toxic" does not mean it poses an immediate threat, nor after using these products--and having been a baby during the initial phase of disposable diapers, cannot discern any lasting effects from disposable diapers. My kids have never had any reactions or sensitive skin.

miami85

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 12:34 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
False. Diaper rash is considered normal, but in most cases, it is avoidable. Babies are in pain for no reason.

but it is often a clue to a food sensitivity or it does "just happen." One of my kids--who had only breastmilk had a fungal rash the day of his bris (before it, don't get any ideas)--so it just happened, a little nystatin/clotrimazole cleared it up.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 12:35 pm
There are different types of dyes and fragrances, and not all are skin irritants. The material most diapers are made of is an irritant.

miami85

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 12:40 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
There is no known benefit to exposure to skin irritants, and there is no reason to assume that it is helpful in any way just because it's considered "normal".

I used to use "Free" detergent (never used Dreft) just in case my babies got an irritation, but then I realized it was only making more laundry for myself and I put my baby's stuff in with the rest of the family with no reactions--neither me nor my husband have skin issues. Thus, we don't have anythingn to worry about, my brother-in-law has VERY sensitive skin so my sister uses special detergent etc. for him and some of her kids but there is a reason for it. Babies don't have more sensitive skin just because they are babies.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 2:51 pm
miami85 wrote:
I used to use "Free" detergent (never used Dreft) just in case my babies got an irritation, but then I realized it was only making more laundry for myself and I put my baby's stuff in with the rest of the family with no reactions--neither me nor my husband have skin issues. Thus, we don't have anythingn to worry about, my brother-in-law has VERY sensitive skin so my sister uses special detergent etc. for him and some of her kids but there is a reason for it. Babies don't have more sensitive skin just because they are babies.

Good for you for figuring out what works for you. This thread, though, was for people who do care. Please don't derail.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 2:52 pm
aliavi wrote:
There are some lesser known brands that you can check out to find a good fit for your baby. Try a sampler pack.

https://www.diaperdabbler.com/.....ize-1

Thanks for this link!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics