Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Affordable school shoes
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 7:32 pm
I normally buy school shoes from royal in the $60 range. Royal hasn’t gotten their affordable line in yet, I’m guessing because of COVID. There’s no way I’m spending $100 a pair. Any ideas for shoes for my girls? They’re in early elementary. I wanted either loafers or another style winter slip on.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 7:42 pm
Marc Joseph on Amazon.
My daughter who is very hard on her shoes has been wearing hers daily for 6 months

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 7:48 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Marc Joseph on Amazon.
My daughter who is very hard on her shoes has been wearing hers daily for 6 months
Thanks! Did you size up? The reviews say they run small.

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 7:54 pm
Saks has Venettini for $50.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 8:19 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
Saks has Venettini for $50.
Thanks! I ordered a bunch from shoprunner, we'll see if any of them work. Venettini doesn't always fit my girls.

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 8:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks! I ordered a bunch from shoprunner, we'll see if any of them work. Venettini doesn't always fit my girls.

What is shoprunner? Do they allow returns?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 8:32 pm
I haven't used shoprunner in years, but free returns was a kuntz to use them to buy through other stores.

I'm not sure how the sizing ran, I usually buy a couple pairs and keep what works and return the rest so I don't remember which we kept and which we returned!

amother
OP

amother [ Wine ] wrote:
What is shoprunner? Do they allow returns?
Yes, 2 day shipping and free returns. It started last year I think? I didn't order from those stores until it came out because I hate paying for shipping.
You sign up with a Paypal account, some credit cards let you sign up with them as well. It's technically a paid service but there's lots of ways to get it for free.

Hashem_Yaazor

Actually now that I think about it, I think my son's loafers are also that brand and they're the same size as his Shabbos shoes and Crocs, so I guess for him they all ran similarly.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 8:33 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
I haven't used shoprunner in years, but free returns was a kuntz to use them to buy through other stores.

I'm not sure how the sizing ran, I usually buy a couple pairs and keep what works and return the rest so I don't remember which we kept and which we returned!
Oh. I thought shoprunner was new for some reason.
Yes looks like we're going to be doing a lot of returns. The joys of online shopping.

observer

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 8:36 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Marc Joseph on Amazon.

Do they last longer than venettinis? My daughter finished off her venettinis in a couple of months Can't Believe It

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 8:58 pm
I never bought vennetinis because every pair I saw worn looked like garbage.

I'll try to take a picture.

Keep in mind she hasn't been in school since March, but she still is out and about a ton scootering and biking and walking and she watched a baby in a camp for a month and walked there and back, so she did get a full 6 months of them... So I was happy to buy the same brand for my next daughter but told her to wait till school starts!

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 9:50 pm
https://www.perroquetshoes.com/products/

zigi

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 10:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks! Did you size up? The reviews say they run small.

I would say size up 2 sizes if you have wider feet. I bought a size 11 my daughter wears a size 10 it is hard for her to get her foot in them it was only 10$ so her sister under her will wear them

tigerwife

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 10:31 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Marc Joseph on Amazon.

Wow, thanks for the recommendation. I just got a couple of sizes for my child to try and they were $12.11 and $18. Even if they last just three months, it will be cheaper to buy throughout the year than the pair I bought last year which lasted four months Very Happy

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 10:32 pm
Please share links

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 10:33 pm
6 months of continuous daily wear. Inside is worn out, outside hasn't rubbed off or have the sole detach (we've had that happen way too often!)

zigi

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 10:34 pm
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....8127b

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 10:38 pm
I'm pretty sure we have the Broadway loafers

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 10:42 pm
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....f0296
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics