Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Perfume suggestion for teens

piece

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 1:59 am
need to get presents for teenage girls.
any suggestions on perfume?
thanks.

essie14

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 3:40 am
Perfume is quite personal. Maybe a sephora gift card or Nordstrom or Macys so she can choose it herself.

piece

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 6:04 am
thank you for the great idea!

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 6:33 am
Please check with the parents first! Some hold that perfume is not tznius if a man can smell it when he walks past you. If that is the case, look for scented soaps and lotions instead.

We all know teens can go overboard on scents, because after a while you stop smelling it, even when everyone else still notices.

A gift card for a store that sells essential oils would be good.

IMHO, essential oils are more subtle, don't travel as far away from your body (you don't smell up the whole room), and are less likely to cause a reaction. Even so, the teen needs to pick for herself.

For example, lavender makes me sneeze really badly, and patchouli gives me massive migraines. I'm allergic to almost all commercial perfumes that use synthetic fixatives, so make sure the oils are pure, and not diluted with cheap stuff.

If you want to suggest an age appropriate scent, sweet pea, violet, lily of the valley, and apple blossom are all very gentle. Botanicals like green tea and lemon grass are also nice, fresh notes. You can encourage the girls to come up with their own "signature blend", which is even more special.

Stay away from heavy "old lady scents" like carnation, gardenia, tea rose, tuberose, neroli, and jasmine. (I love those, but I'm 55 and I can get away with it!) Sandalwood makes a great base note to balance out things that are overly sweet.

Perfuming oneself is an art. Very Happy

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 9:01 am
I like the juicy rose’ and another scent on the other side. You can buy it on Amazon for a decent price. I got it as gift when I was a teen.

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 9:07 am
My eldest loved Miss Dior Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics