Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
PSA covid is back in Lakewood and BP
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Simple1

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 11:57 am
Every so often there is a post like this. But so far nothing has blow up yet, B"H. The question is if these are cases in people who never got the virus yet.

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 11:57 am
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
LOL the Lakewood people are blaming it on the OOT weddings and the Baltimorians are blaming it on Lakewood. There hasn’t been an uptick in numbers in Lakewood- maybe the Baltimore people exposed themselves to each other by not being SD? Very Happy

Yes there has been an uptick. I just checked the numbers. And Baltimore is EXTREMELY careful. You wont find anyone in our stores without masks because the stores are extremely strict. Not just the heimish stores. Target, Giant... all are 100% compliant.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 11:59 am
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
Yes there has been an uptick. I just checked the numbers. And Baltimore is EXTREMELY careful. You wont find anyone in our stores without masks because the stores are extremely strict. Not just the heimish stores. Target, Giant... all are 100% compliant.

An uptick in Lakewood. Where are the numbers from?

soap suds

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 12:01 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
So extremely careful, that they attend weddings in Lakewood where there’s no SD?

Mommyg8

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 12:03 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:

Can you link the source?

amother
White

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 12:03 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:

If they are EXTREMELY careful, why did they go to wedding in Lakewood if they knew there was no SD?

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 12:16 pm
soap suds wrote:
So extremely careful, that they attend weddings in Lakewood where there’s no SD?

It is the stores, the shuls, etc. I cant speak to individuals. I thought I was being clear.

amother
White

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 12:16 pm
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
yea yea

Every couple of days someone that really wishes it would come back says that it's back. I'm not sure why some of you are so desperate for it to come back.

In BP it's regular, if there are any cases, and that's IF, its super mild and no more dangerous than the common cold.

For those of you that will say that I'm living in denial, I'm not, I'm seeing people go about their lives, no hospitalization, elderly walking the streets here, some with masks some without, all seems fine BH.

Because its human nature to enjoy saying "SEE I TOLD YOU!!"

IAC, throughout the summer there were always a handful of positive cases. The numbers were never down to zero.

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 12:20 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
If they are EXTREMELY careful, why did they go to wedding in Lakewood if they knew there was no SD?

Good question.
I guess, within Baltimore, pple are being careful.
But masks have been mandated here for a few months.
I have a NJ wedding coming up. (Not Lakewood) If I knew in advance it wasn't going to be SD I wouldn't go. But my relative is careful-- will be outside, spaced out seats and tables, limited numbers. No close dancing or handholding. Masks. Etc.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 12:21 pm
Covid was never gone. People that were sick in March and April are still testing positive. More people are testing now for work/school/camp so tests are coming back positive. They're generally feeling well with no symptoms.

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 12:23 pm
The cases in Baltimore are new.

Mommyg8

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 12:25 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
It is the stores, the shuls, etc. I cant speak to individuals. I thought I was being clear.

Pearl, you didn't answer me. Where is the source for your numbers?

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 12:27 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
Pearl, you didn't answer me. Where is the source for your numbers?

If it is Baltimore numbers, I assume local news souces. Like WBAL--they keep a daily count (local news/tv station here in MD).

Mommyg8

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 12:28 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
If it is Baltimore numbers, I assume local news souces. Like WBAL--they keep a daily count (local news/tv station here in MD).

The post she was responding to was referring to an uptick in Lakewood. I'm still waiting for the source.

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 12:30 pm
Seems like OP disappeared. She just dropped a line and ran off. This thread does not seem to be legitimate as no one here wants to post anything CREDIBLE.

Stay healthy everyone! Zei G'bentched.

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 12:31 pm
I can't speak for Lakewood (or for pearl). But I trust Rabbi Hopfer (the head of the vaad here) as well as the other signatories. So if he writes a statement abt cases being traced back to specific locations or gatherings, I take it seriously.

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 12:34 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
The post she was responding to was referring to an uptick in Lakewood. I'm still waiting for the source.

Ocean County Health Department.

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 12:42 pm

Mommyg8

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 1:01 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
Ocean County Health Department.

I just checked it. Where do you see the numbers going up in Lakewood?

amother
Red

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 1:05 pm
This all really doesn’t matter. No new cases are getting sick and dying anymore.
At least not in Lakewood where 95% of the community have either gotten sick a few months ago or have acquired antibodies.
At this point we are all living regular lives and things are back to normal.
I’m sorry for the people who enjoyed social distancing and wish we could go back to that.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics