Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
PSA covid is back in Lakewood and BP
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 10:14 am
Mommyg8 wrote:
I just checked it. Where do you see the numbers going up in Lakewood?

It is not being read correctly. There were 9 new cases yesterday in TOTAL in Ocean County. Unless someone is tracking the totals day by day it does not say how many new cases in LAKEWOOD there are today. It only gives the total by county since covid began

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 11:36 am
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
Baltimore? Yes, the vaad put out a statement a couple days ago that specified cases traced back to both Lakewood weddings and campers returning from camps out of state. It is posted on Baltimore Jewish Life.

I think campers will need to quarantine when they get home.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 1:28 pm
Even if it is true that numbers are creeping up now, I still don't think that means that people should have continued to stay home after the initial spread.

While things were quiet, I am glad people got a chance to breathe a little, get together, spend time with extended family etc. We can watch the numbers and start and stop accordingly. No need to stay hiding at home for months during the time that nothing is happening in your specific location.

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 1:30 pm
As we continue to carefully reopen with protocols there are most likely going to be cases...so long as they are relatively few in number and not generally lethal there is no better choice than to have appropriate expectations daven and hope for the best while continuing to live our lives as best as possible.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 1:35 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
Look. the nature of a virus like this, is that when things start opening up, people can catch it. At some point, things do have to open up. I dont think it's possible to socially distance for years and years.
There's always a risk of catching the virus if you haven't had it yet. This is life. The virus is here to stay for a while and we have to learn to live with it.
Not attending simchos, shul, or school for years is just not the answer.
I don't know what is.

The radio station 10 10 Wins featured a small backyard Jewish wedding last Sunday. The chosson was in remission for lymphoma. I guess that small weddings are still the way to go. I hope that schools can reopen successfully because that's more of a necessity than a big wedding. Shuls may have to go back outside if there are cases in the community.

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 1:43 pm
Dr Daniel Roth says there are cases but no spread as most had it already and theres herd immunity

Cmon be nice

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 1:45 pm
Shuls have been opened for more that 10 weeks with no SD. BH no cases.
Boys schools were open for approx 5 weeks in June/July. BH no cases.
But people are travelling in from all over, including Israel so who knows.
Like someone said people are getting tested for school so that may explain why more positive cases

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 1:47 pm
Good point! Lots more testing going on due to camps and schools opening B"H. So no surprise some positives. Positives do not equal deaths B"H.
May Hashem Bless us all with a very good healthy year in every way!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 2:01 pm
Op here. I was actually working so I did not respond. I work in a medical office and we have had cases including one not connected to the wedding in Lakewood. These are people with symptoms that did not have covid previously. Also the numbers you read are not correct. Rapid covd positive test are not reported right away.
Hopefully there is enough here immunity not to take a strong hold on the community and the strain is not as virulent. There is no denying it is back. These are our first symptomatic cases in three months so it is not old cells reading as a positive.

Mommyg8

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 2:12 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Op here. I was actually working so I did not respond. I work in a medical office and we have had cases including one not connected to the wedding in Lakewood. These are people with symptoms that did not have covid previously. Also the numbers you read are not correct. Rapid covd positive test are not reported right away.
Hopefully there is enough here immunity not to take a strong hold on the community and the strain is not as virulent. There is no denying it is back. These are our first symptomatic cases in three months so it is not old cells reading as a positive.

There have definitely been symptomatic cases here in Lakewood in the past month or so but they have all been linked to visitors from elsewhere (Florida, etc).

Also rapid covid tests are not considered accurate - you would know more than me but that's what I heard).

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 2:14 pm
Yawn yawn, Shaking

How many new intebations...

How many Lakewood people were put on resparators yesterday ????

How many suffering from depression..

How many couples struggling financially.... TOO many

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 2:19 pm
Blaming one city or another for the rise in numbers is not helping with anything. Blaming others seems to be a problem with ahavas Yisrael. People in one city may have been the cause of the virus spread but now people should know to take precautions if they are worried about catching the virus.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 3:23 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
Do you want me to list the very well respected rabbonim who signed that letter? Your disrespect is not called for.
They are meticulous and don't just post rumors. You really are being chosheid and you owe them an apology. You don't deserve any more responses from me, so I will ignore any of your future posts. I will gladly respond to other posters.
LOL just saw your letter. It says "weddings in NY and NJ." There are plenty of frum communities here. You're the one who decided to single out Lakewood.

Don't respond, I'm good thanks.

fleetwood

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 3:28 pm
Cmon be nice wrote:
Shuls have been opened for more that 10 weeks with no SD. BH no cases.
Boys schools were open for approx 5 weeks in June/July. BH no cases.
But people are travelling in from all over, including Israel so who knows.
Like someone said people are getting tested for school so that may explain why more positive cases

Our Brooklyn shul has had two cases in the last two weeks

keym

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 3:31 pm
This is a general question that I've always wondered but I'm directing it to OP.
How do we square away HIPAA with you sharing that you saw COVID cases this week?

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 3:35 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
In my shul in Lakewood almost everyone had it already. There are older ppl wearing masks and some who didn’t have it without masks.
Someone davemed there from Baltimore this Shabbos - and honestly ppl were a little annoyed. They felt ppl in Baltimore have it. Ppl in Lakewood don’t. Why would someone from Baltimore join s Lakewood minyan then putting ppl at risk.
I feel very uncomfortable with OOTers coming in. Even/especially if they insist that we're the ones somehow mysteriously spreading the virus.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 5:47 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Blaming one city or another for the rise in numbers is not helping with anything. Blaming others seems to be a problem with ahavas Yisrael. People in one city may have been the cause of the virus spread but now people should know to take precautions if they are worried about catching the virus.

It's true.
But I think we have to realize that we have to be cautious when and where we travel, and we really need to SD a bit at simchos. Masks and ropes while we dance.

ces

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 6:03 pm
keym wrote:
This is a general question that I've always wondered but I'm directing it to OP.
How do we square away HIPAA with you sharing that you saw COVID cases this week?

Not OP but I do work in the medical field.
HIPAA protects your personal health info. It doesn't stop someone from sharing general, not personally identifiable info.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 6:31 pm
Although I hope it won’t cause a resurgence and it won’t spread as rapidly like we’ve experienced in March/April it is 100% accurate that there are NEW SYMPTOMATIC cases here in Lakewood this week and let alone many more today.
The people I personally know who tested positive all were at the same wedding last week In Lakewood.
The Kallahs mother, aunt, relatives tested positive WITH symptoms. Both the chosson and Kallah were from OOT but they also have relatives who currently live in Lakewood that also tested positive.
I am just davening and hopeful that the cases will iyh be milder.

Simple1

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 6:37 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
LOL just saw your letter. It says "weddings in NY and NJ." There are plenty of frum communities here. You're the one who decided to single out Lakewood.

Don't respond, I'm good thanks.

Also they could've caught it from OOT guests at the wedding.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics