Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Treatment for precocious puberty for a girl
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 11:10 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
My dd got hers at 12 and never reached 5 feet either.

I got mine at 12 and I’m 5’7’’. I grew a lot after I got it.

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 11:12 am
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
I understand how you feel. Some of my siblings are short. I'm barely 5 feet. I have brothers that are 5 3, 5 4.

My pediatrician wasn't aware that there is anything to do, or didnt share. I am in my 40s. My youngest siblings was told by his pediatrician to check his bone age at 14. It was to late to do anything.

I also know of a boy in my neighborhood that had treatments for his height. He is 18 now and not even 5 feet. Treatments dont always work.

You can not fight genetics. Very simple. I got my period at almost 12 , I was almost 5’9”.
I reached 5’10”. My parents are tall, however their parents were not tall. Not everyone that has tall parents ll be tall, and not everyone that has short parents ll be short.
I don’t understand why everything has to be black and white. Tall makes tall, short makes short.
I have a large family and some of my children ll not be as tall as me ( my husband is even taller).

Kiwi13

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 11:23 am
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
I wasnt judging, but now I understand.

I'm sorry.

I have 2 kids that needed braces. When my 3rd dc was told its really cosmetic only, we felt like we dont have a choice. Yes, it's an extra expense that would stretch our already tight budget. (I can truthfully say that we have 1 car in the suburbs due to orthodontist payments.)

But dh and I felt it was more important for ds to never feel that he isnt loved as much as his siblings. No one wants crooked teeth.

My brother in law recently got invisalign now as an adult. His parents decided that straight teeth isnt important. It bothered him for years. Maybe invisalign can be an option for you now.

I have so much respect for you for this!!!

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 11:27 am
What do you tell the child when going for appointment/treatment?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 11:28 am

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 12:21 pm
How would I know my child is having precious puberty? She’s 8 and just seems to be developing breast buds. Do I need to have her checked out? (She’s my oldest)

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 12:24 pm
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/p.....528/. ( insulin resistance and early menarche)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/p.....2083/ ( insulin resistance and increased bone age )

This one is in plainer English https://www.healio.com/news/en.....berty

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 12:35 pm
I got my period at 12. I'm only five foot, one inch. I never thought it was correlated. Also, I think 12 is a pretty normal time. A tad early, but not that abnormal.
Funnily, my 15 yr old son is 5'9" and already has the beginning of a beard. He's still growing!

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 1:10 pm
sienna amother- I'm also the "shrimp" of my family. It really doesn't bother me though. my mother is I think 5"6 and my sister is 5"10, my brothers are even taller. It just is. Like I have curly hair and my sister has straight. I was never jealous. I understand that you feel like it was representative of a bigger issue that was going on in your childhood. I just wish you peace with height.

amother
Black

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 1:43 pm
I got my period at 10 (and I was really excited to get it and catch up with my older female cousins!) and I'm 5 feet tall. So what? My husband is five foot four and a half inches so I guess we were made for each other!

newyorkmom

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 1:52 pm
What are the signs? My daughter will be 8 in a month and I have also noticed her starting to develop breast buds. Is that too early or the norm?

finprof

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 2:15 pm
I got mine just after my 11th birthday when I was about 5'. I remember because I was the same hight as a Great Aunt who was the shortest of my Grandmother's sisters. I'm about 5'6" now.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 3:27 pm
It's normal to have breast buds at age 8.
Let's not pathologize everything.
Typical to get period anywhere from age almost 11 until 16.
I and all females in my family are about 5' 1'' and got their period between age 11-14.

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 4:40 pm
I got my period at age 11 and was pretty short (by adult standards), but I kept growing until age 19. I ended up being 5’9”, which I feel like is a perfectly adequate height.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 5:23 pm
I got my period at 10 and 2 months.
I ended up being 5 ft.
But getting my period so young (in 4th grade) was horrible. I was not mature. I couldn't understand why I needed to shower so frequently, didn't understand about body hygiene, was teased.
My daughter started maturing at 8 with expected period at 10. I put her on monthly Lupron injections. She got her period when we stopped. At 12 and 4 months.
She was ready. Her class was ready.

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 5:44 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
I got my period at age 11 and was pretty short (by adult standards), but I kept growing until age 19. I ended up being 5’9”, which I feel like is a perfectly adequate height.

Perfectly adequate? Lol! 5'9" is very tall for a Jewish female.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 6:28 pm
Sorry this makes me crazy a child starting puberty at 8 (3rd grade!!) is not normal if her Dr offered her options to let her body be a child longer there's a reasons. if you dont know anything about it or the medications dont respond. Yes bones closing early can be an issue. Developing before your peers can be embarrassing hello everyone notices the first kids to need a bra. It's basically the same as bc pills but it's changing a different hormone.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 6:30 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
I got my period at 10 and 2 months.
I ended up being 5 ft.
But getting my period so young (in 4th grade) was horrible. I was not mature. I couldn't understand why I needed to shower so frequently, didn't understand about body hygiene, was teased.
My daughter started maturing at 8 with expected period at 10. I put her on monthly Lupron injections. She got her period when we stopped. At 12 and 4 months.
She was ready. Her class was ready.

Just curious as time reference for my dd how long after stopping did she start her period.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 6:37 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Just curious as time reference for my dd how long after stopping did she start her period.

I think between 6-8 months.
But my dd Endo wouldn't let her continue shots past 11 1/2. She had reached 4'10" and he said the insurance wouldn't cover it anymore. Her height was adequate and her age was average.

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 6:42 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
I got my period at 10 and a half, did not grow after and am only 5'4. In addition to regretting my parents never forcing me to get braces, I am angry they did not do anything to stop my period and allow to grow taller. So there is definitely another side to this.

Since when is 5”4 short??? I got my period at 12.5 and I am 5”4. Never In my life did I or anyone else say I am short
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics