Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Would be runway model
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:35 pm
QueensMama wrote:
Actually, it isn't wasted. You seem to have enjoyed. Smile

Your right. Thanks.

giselle

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:36 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Exactly. What do you think was going on in the world before tv and internet was around. Lol.
And frum girls don't live in a nunnery.

Beauty only came into existence with the advent of the internet.

WhatFor

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:37 pm
giselle wrote:
Don’t they do it with a sheet?

And only on mikva night?

While not paying taxes?

Right? I'm getting similar vibes from this thread....

crust

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you trixx,
Your right, makes me feel a wee bit better.
We are always taught that our talents are a gift from Hashem and they should be used. I don’t think He wants this guy being a model but,
Is his beauty a waste?

No because for one he beautifies the world around him. Take yourself as an example.

And his wife, especially if she is a typical Israeli, appreciates his beauty all the more so.

crust

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:41 pm
WhatFor wrote:
Right? I'm getting similar vibes from this thread....

And to think that a beautiful person is only put to good use if s/he is in Silicone Valley makes me sad.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:43 pm
WhatFor wrote:
If you think people who don't use the internet can't recognize a pretty person (strange assumption, but let's assume for the sake of argument that that's true), then what defines beauty? What the internet says is beautiful? If that were true, what value is that to anyone? What would someone be missing by not knowing "the internet standard of beauty".

Also, I don't know what world you come from or why you're so unfamiliar with the chareidi lifestyle, but chareidi women do see men daily, and interact with them as well. Maybe not in the same way other groups of people do, but your assertion is absurd. They're not kept in pods until they get married and lay eyes on their DH, the first man they have ever seen since birth. Is this thread real?

Hold it hold.
Wanna know which world I come from?
I come from and still am in the very chassidishe ultra orthodox world.
And I repeat, some of my friends, family members, neighbors would not know or even allow themselves to think along these lines.

Kiwi13

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:43 pm
I'm confused by this thread. It's sad that a young man is traveling overseas (especially amid today's chaos) to collect for his impoverished family. I'm confused what his looks have to do with any of it. Also, so what if his wife doesn't know how he stacks up against the average guy's looks? One day he won't be 25 anymore, or 50, or 75... good looks don't last. Also, true beauty emanates from within. I know that sounds trite and cliche, but there's truth to it. I went to high school with a male model (who was actively modeling during high school). When I first saw him from across the room I thought he was very attractive. The second I got a glimpse of how he went about his life = attraction all gone. He still had the same features, but any attraction was totally stomped out. OP also pointed out his eyes... windows to the soul. This guy sounds more like he had a "presence" than a model physique. Doesn't mean he isn't attractive. Charm is different though. I know know, I could be rambling. This just seems like an incredibly superficial way to sum somebody up and speculative about the what-could-have-beens in their life. (It's natural to wonder about random stuff sometimes, I'm not judging that part, just adding my two cents.)

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hold it hold.
And I repeat, some of my friends, family members, neighbors would not know or even allow themselves to think along these lines.

You are naive.

My chassidish friends with hats and beige tights and all recognize a hottie when they see one.

WhatFor

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:46 pm
QueensMama wrote:
Trying to wrap my brain around the idea that his beauty is wasted because he's not a model.

Isn't the purpose of beauty to be used by a large corporation to sell products to nondiscerning consumers who confuse the model's attractiveness with the value of the product? Like, isn't that the specific reason Hashem created beauty?

Like it's right there in pirkei avot. Who is admirable? Who objectifies his beauty to sell toothpaste for Crest.

QueensMama

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:47 pm
WhatFor wrote:
Isn't the purpose of beauty to be used by a large corporation to sell products to nondiscerning consumers who confuse the model's attractiveness with the value of the product? Like, isn't that the specific reason Hashem created beauty?

Like it's right there in pirkei avot. Who is admirable? Who objectifies his beauty to sell toothpaste for Crest.

I think this is my favorite post ever.

crust

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hold it hold.

You have to make them talk...

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:48 pm
Its really really hard to be a model op! Not a get rich quick and easy path. As an aside I know of a previous model who became a baal teshuva and now lives a much happier yet poor lifestyle, also a gorgeous man...he dropped his old ways, had risen to the top and saw it was all nothing and ugly

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:50 pm
WhatFor wrote:
The average US model earns less than 30,000 a year. As long as you're dreaming of an easier lifestyle for him, dream bigger than that for a family man.

Also, feel free to dream for all the tzedaka collectors and not just the ones with high cheekbones and piercing eyes. For all you know, that guy is just capitalizing on how people are more susceptible to fall for pretty people.

True.
This was just my post long Sunday musings.
I seem to have gotten myself into trouble with some of you.
Sorry.

QueensMama

crust wrote:

Interesting that you objectified the guy immediately "despite" your background and yet you're convinced that others in your community are incapable.

Kiwi13

WhatFor wrote:

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL I probably shouldn't laugh when OP seemed kind of serious about her thoughts, but LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

** Picturing attractive bochur with unnaturally white sparkling teeth, holding up Crest bottle. **

crust

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:52 pm
QueensMama wrote:
Interesting that you objectified the guy immediately "despite" your background and yet you're convinced that others in your community are incapable.

What?

Kiwi13

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:52 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Its really really hard to be a model op! Not a get rich quick and easy path. As an aside I know of a previous model who became a baal teshuva and now lives a much happier yet poor lifestyle, also a gorgeous man...he dropped his old ways, had risen to the top and saw it was all nothing and ugly

Also true. And staying current is a whole other issue. The modeling world drops people left and right for basically no reason and then they're done. Same with any entertainment field. Five minutes out of the limelight and you're old news, forgotten.... unemployed.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:53 pm
crust wrote:

You’re so cute.
I’m not talking about those.
Im talking about the other ones.

crust

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:54 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
You’re so cute.