Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Would be runway model
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 11:57 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
Ha! Im loving this thread! I always thought I’m the only ridiculous one imagining these simple people as models..... so many times I see these real frum/chassisish women or men with beautiful face and figure and I Imagine them as a model with a makeover lol! It’s so fun!
I guess I’m not thaaat crazy!

Thanks pal.
See, I told you I’m not crazy.

avrahamama

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 12:05 am
I have seen lots of attractive people even chassidim ... I just don't look at them and think ... "ahhhh such beauty. wasted on a chassid. his wife doesn't even know what she has."

but really BAH some people are exceptionally beautiful and I'm pretty sure they are universally appreciated by all who look at them ... even the people we think don't know any better.

But I was never a fan of the blue piercing eyes and blond hair look.

Moses from Prince of Egypt (yes a cartoon) was more my speed. Yes give me a dark handsome one with semitic good looks.

Kiwi13

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 12:05 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks pal.
See, I told you I’m not crazy.

OP you are a good sport! Smile

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 12:06 am
tigerwife wrote:
This should be a spin off but :-)
https://www.google.com/amp/s/w...../amp/

Just remember all of you that laughed at me, remember where you saw it first, right here on imamother
Akiva: travels to upstate N.Y. Becomes the tzedaka collector when one lady admiring his looks listens to fellow imamothers and convinces him to become a model.

Laugh all you want,
I’ll be laughing all the way to the bank to pick up my royalties.

avrahamama

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 12:09 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Just remember all of you that laughed at me, remember where you saw it first, right here on imamother
Akiva: travels to upstate N.Y. Becomes the tzedaka collector when one lady admiring his looks listens to fellow imamothers and convinces him to become a model.

Laugh all you want,

LOL we can name the episode A Star Is Born ... into the big vide velt

ExtraCredit

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 12:11 am
Poor guy must be wondering why he has the hiccups for the past few hours. Can we give him a break?

Odelyah

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 12:13 am
crust wrote:
Now I'm confused.

she quoted you by mistake earlier when she meant to quote OP. she does agree with you Smile

Kiwi13

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 12:26 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Laugh all you want,

Oooh! And you could employ him and end his family’s financial woes!!

zaq

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 2:13 am
I haven’t read the whole thread, but you know OP, maybe the guy has brains as well as looks.. Too bad he’s not using THEM to make a living. Actually, he is. Instead of learning a trade so he can work, he’s letting others work at their trades and mooching off them. Very clever. And I’ll bet you my next paycheck that good looking schnorrers do far better than those who are less aesthetically endowed.

Rappel

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 3:38 am
avrahamama wrote:
I have seen lots of attractive people even chassidim ... I just don't look at them and think ... "ahhhh such beauty. wasted on a chassid. his wife doesn't even know what she has."

but really BAH some people are exceptionally beautiful and I'm pretty sure they are universally appreciated by all who look at them ... even the people we think don't know any better.

But I was never a fan of the blue piercing eyes and blond hair look.

Moses from Prince of Egypt (yes a cartoon) was more my speed. Yes give me a dark handsome one with semitic good looks.

Lol. I know what you mean about the dark and handsome - though DH was the doppleganger of Flynn Ryder from Tangled when we were dating, so the Semitic had to be written in. Laugh

Years later, I sat DH down and had him watch the movie, because their characters were also similar in behaviour in his single days. By 15 minutes in, he could no longer protest! LOL

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 5:05 am
This thread reminds me of when a secular Israeli explain to me the concept of 'datiya mebuzbezet' (a wasted religious girl) - ie a girl who is gorgeous but all her beauty has been wasted on being religious (covering up, marrying young, and to a religious guy at that...)

malki2

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 5:39 am
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
This thread reminds me of when a secular Israeli explain to me the concept of 'datiya mebuzbezet' (a wasted religious girl) - ie a girl who is gorgeous but all her beauty has been wasted on being religious (covering up, marrying young, and to a religious guy at that...)

It reminds me of the famous story when Rabbi Yochanan met Resh Lakish who was a highway bandit before he became an Amora. Resh Lakish jumped across a river to rob RY. RY saw his strength and said “Such strength should be used for Torah”. RL saw RY’s beauty and said “Such beauty should be used for getting women”. RY said, “If you think I’m beautiful, you should see my sister. If you change your ways and learn Torah, I will give her to you.” And the rest was history.

ora_43

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 7:08 am
I dunno, a drop-dead gorgeous tzedaka collector may make more than the average model.

If we were talking a frum girl with a gorgeous singing voice, or a boy with a gift for science being told he can't go to university, I'd understand the feeling that it's a bit of a waste. But good looks? Good looks are a gift anywhere. If anything, he might be better off as a big fish in a small pond (with no disrespect meant to whoever he's in yeshiva with LOL ) than as one of 10,000 gorgeous people angling for jobs in LA.

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 7:11 am
The Gemara definetly appreciates beauty of men and women. The story of Rabbi yochanan and reish lakish comes to mind.
Reish lakish bemoaned the fact that someone as beautiful as Rabbi yochanan was sitting and learning In the end he went to learn when promised Rabbi yochanan sister who was even more beautiful.

(Do we really value the low life of being a model over a life of Torah?)

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 7:15 am
Rappel wrote:
Lol. I know what you mean about the dark and handsome - though DH was the doppleganger of Flynn Ryder from Tangled when we were dating, so the Semitic had to be written in. Laugh

Years later, I sat DH down and had him watch the movie, because their characters were also similar in behaviour in his single days. By 15 minutes in, he could no longer protest! LOL

I also love dark and handsome as opposed to blondes, but I do love Flynn rider. I actually met the actor in real life. He was really nice and quite tall, dark and handsome 😃

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 7:35 am
trixx wrote:
Okay, alternate reality.
His parents sell him out to be a model
He gets molested along the way or does favors to climb to the top
He suffers body image issues, self esteem, depression, sleeps around and no self worth.
He makes it big. He has money. Now what?

This isn't a bash against the world because being a frum jew is the best blah blah.

I'm not one to poo poo the entire secular world. People actually are living the high life there. But a career as a model? That's what you wish for him? The above is a typical trajectory for any model, and most of them don't make it big.

I'm going to skip 4 pages ahead just to say THIS!!!

I've been a runway and catalog model, and it's no picnic. The competition is brutal, the people can often be shallow and petty (but not long, I've met some very sweet women. They don't last long in the industry.)

I made enough money that I can look back now and call it a "hobby". I had spending money for some fancy clothes (you get a steep discount on anything you wear in the photo shoots.)

Other than that, it was just a passing phase. Besides, once you pass the age of 21 - 23 at the most, you are considered over the hill. There is always someone more attractive than you breathing down your neck, waiting to take your place. You're 25 now, so now what?

What's needed for EVERYONE, is marketable job skills.

I made way more as a receptionist in a law firm, than I ever did modeling. (It helped that I was a very attractive accessory for the front desk, but I was also extremely competent, professional, and efficient.)

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 7:37 am
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:

Puke I'm glad I never met him. I would have given him "what for". Mad

No human being is ever wasted, if they are living a life of Torah. I feel sorry for someone who thinks that way. He sounds miserable.

notshanarishona

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 7:59 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
A young man (25)just came to my house. He’s about 6’5 He had the most stunning piercing blue eyes I’ve ever seen. His features were perfect. Strong jaws, blonde hair,He looked slim but broad shoulders. And the sweetest smile.

He was a tzedah collector.
He was collecting for his family in Israel.
I can’t help but think, if he wasn’t religious, he would have been the most successful model.
I can almost guarantee you, that his wife doesn’t even know how gorgeous he is. She’s never seen a computer.
He is living in poverty yet he could have been a model, an actor....
I don’t know, my heart went out for this kid.

You watch too much tv . A- a model is not a dream life for 99% of people B- what is wrong with you that your mind analyzes the beauty of someone who comes to your door?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 8:22 am
notshanarishona wrote:
You watch too much tv . A- a model is not a dream life for 99% of people B- what is wrong with you that your mind analyzes the beauty of someone who comes to your door?

A I don’t really watch tv.
B according to most posters here, nothing is wrong with me for seeing someone’s beauty.
But honestly, I’ve never seen such eyes, otherwise I usually don’t see how beautiful a man looks.
It’s usually harder to see a chassidishe man behind all their stuff.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 8:28 am
There is nothing wrong with recognizing beauty when it is staring you in the face. You don't troll the streets seeking out handsome men, but if one comes right to your door, you can't help but notice.

As long as you are not imagining him in bed, then you're fine.

My mom was happily married and faithful for 50 years. She adored my father to pieces, and he's a handsome man who adored her to the moon and back.

Still, if she saw someone very good looking, she'd say "G-d did a really good job on that one!" She wouldn't dwell on it inappropriately, but she said that there's no problem with admiring someone in passing.
Page 4 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics