Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Would be runway model
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 9:30 am
notshanarishona wrote:
You watch too much tv . A- a model is not a dream life for 99% of people B- what is wrong with you that your mind analyzes the beauty of someone who comes to your door?

Why you gotta be so mean? What is wrong with you?

giselle

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 9:33 am
notshanarishona wrote:
You watch too much tv . A- a model is not a dream life for 99% of people B- what is wrong with you that your mind analyzes the beauty of someone who comes to your door?

Only thing wrong here is your nasty attitude.

Of course we notice beautiful things. Ma rabu maasecha Hashem.

dancingqueen

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 10:01 am
avrahamama wrote:
I have seen lots of attractive people even chassidim ... I just don't look at them and think ... "ahhhh such beauty. wasted on a chassid. his wife doesn't even know what she has."

but really BAH some people are exceptionally beautiful and I'm pretty sure they are universally appreciated by all who look at them ... even the people we think don't know any better.

But I was never a fan of the blue piercing eyes and blond hair look.

Moses from Prince of Egypt (yes a cartoon) was more my speed. Yes give me a dark handsome one with semitic good looks.

Lol that’s cute. Did you ever see the old school Ten Commandments movie with Charlton Heston as Moses? /swoon. (Though NOT a fan of him in real life lol)

Maybe he’s not so clueless about his beauty op, could be that’s the reason they send him out to collect and it works!

dancingqueen

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 10:03 am
malki2 wrote:
It reminds me of the famous story when Rabbi Yochanan met Resh Lakish who was a highway bandit before he became an Amora. Resh Lakish jumped across a river to rob RY. RY saw his strength and said “Such strength should be used for Torah”. RL saw RY’s beauty and said “Such beauty should be used for getting women”. RY said, “If you think I’m beautiful, you should see my sister. If you change your ways and learn Torah, I will give her to you.” And the rest was history.

Oof. 😬

malki2

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 10:03 am
giselle wrote:
Only thing wrong here is your nasty attitude.

Of course we notice beautiful things. Ma rabu maasecha Hashem.

I think the issue was OP feeling sorry for the guy for being a collector and not maximizing his potential by being a model. Not for noticing his beauty.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 10:53 am
malki2 wrote:
I think the issue was OP feeling sorry for the guy for being a collector and not maximizing his potential by being a model. Not for noticing his beauty.

Nope her issue was” what is wrong with you, analyzing someone’s beauty?”

Go back and check the exact words.

malki2

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 10:58 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Nope her issue was” what is wrong with you, analyzing someone’s beauty?”

Go back and check the exact words.

Right. You did more than notice it. You analyzed it by figuring out what he should have better done with it.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 11:01 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Of course. It’s so obvious. We waited and waited but in the end there was no next season of shtisel. Akiva’s out of job and became a collector.
Ha!! But yes, there is another season of shtisel, being filmed now as we speak. Smile

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 11:07 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
A young man (25)just came to my house. He’s about 6’5 He had the most stunning piercing blue eyes I’ve ever seen. His features were perfect. Strong jaws, blonde hair,He looked slim but broad shoulders. And the sweetest smile.

He was a tzedah collector.
He was collecting for his family in Israel.
I can’t help but think, if he wasn’t religious, he would have been the most successful model.
I can almost guarantee you, that his wife doesn’t even know how gorgeous he is. She’s never seen a computer.
He is living in poverty yet he could have been a model, an actor....
I don’t know, my heart went out for this kid.
Models dont make all that much and they have to be young, so your guy most probably already passed his "sell by date".
Also, just because someone is gorgeous does not mean they need to use that beauty to earn money.

Sad that someone had to go over seas to collect for his family Sad

moonstone

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 11:23 am
Omg! OP saw a hot guy and appreciated his good looks. She remarked that he was good-looking enough to be a model. Why is everyone getting bent out of shape over nothing? OP, glad you got to enjoy some eye candy. I don't usually give to schnorrers, but in your place I might have. 😁

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 11:37 am
moonstone wrote:
Omg! OP saw a hot guy and appreciated his good looks. She remarked that he was good-looking enough to be a model. Why is everyone getting bent out of shape over nothing? OP, glad you got to enjoy some eye candy. I don't usually give to schnorrers, but in your place I might have. 😁

Your so sweet, thanks.
Out of curiosity, why wouldn’t you give to someone that comes for tzedaka?

Love your avatar, but it makes me so Homesick.

malki2

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 11:43 am
moonstone wrote:

That’s a highly derogatory way to refer to someone who comes to your door for tzedaka. The great, overwhelming majority of people who ever came to my door had some kind of story. Hashem gives parnassa and some have more and others have less. How do you judge people that you don’t know by referring to them like that??

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 12:16 pm
malki2 wrote:
That’s a highly derogatory way to refer to someone who comes to your door for tzedaka. The great, overwhelming majority of people who ever came to my door had some kind of story. Hashem gives parnassa and some have more and others have less. How do you judge people that you don’t know by referring to them like that??
I dont agree rhat irs derogatory per say. I grew up in a MO community. When people came to our door, thats what we called them. Ot because we were trying to be derogetory, but because that is exactly what they were doing, begging for money. Its just yiddish for a begger. And no, not just prople on the street are beggers.

malki2

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 12:28 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
I dont agree rhat irs derogatory per say. I grew up in a MO community. When people came to our door, thats what we called them. Ot because we were trying to be derogetory, but because that is exactly what they were doing, begging for money. Its just yiddish for a begger. And no, not just prople on the street are beggers.

It’s a derogatory term. It connotes laziness and panhandling. Someone who is in a dire situation as many of them are should not be referred to as such. Just because you grew up in a place that doesn’t have this sensitivity doesn’t mean that you can’t develop it. It’s like saying, “I grew up in the South and we called them “Negroes”. Not because we were trying to be derogatory, but because that’s what they were. It’s just a term for an African American.”

QueensMama

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 12:33 pm
moonstone wrote:

You realize that there for the grace of G-d go you?

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 12:38 pm
Giving money to someone who is considered "eye candy" solely becauseof their looks-- there is a word for it, and it isn't "charity." Just saying.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 12:40 pm
Op- what does your husband have to say about your observation ?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 12:54 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:

And 'g o y t a' is just yiddish for cleaning lady.

malki2

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 2:04 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:

They are also not “beggars”. No one ever begged us for money. They come and tell their story and request respectably (most of the time).

sky

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 2:08 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:

So using g@y or sh!ksa is wrong because it refers to a non-Jew But shnorrer is ok because it refers to a Jew (g@y means another nation literally but it is wrong to use it on here)
(I try to use none of those)
The double standard in here is astounding. (Shabbat is coming - I’m sorry I quoted you here - not calling you out - just the trend. )

It’s only because of Hashem bracha that those of us that are not collecting door to door are not. Just heard from Rabbi biderman that Hashem gives money to his children to share with the other children, not for themselves.

Last edited by sky on Mon, Aug 17 2020, 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Page 5 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics