Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
OMG!!! finally sleeping through the night!!!

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Feb 14 2008, 12:37 pm
For the past four ngihts I thought I must be dreaming. (Wait, I am dreaming!) Someone gave me a brilliant idea, that since I dont want to /cant fight with my son about hsi bottle addiction, I should put his nighttime bottles in a small container in a corner of his crib and teach him to take them himself in middle of the night, instead of having me trudge bleary eyed into his room 2-3X a night with a bottle. It's MAGIC!!!! he wakes up, whimpers, flails around, finds the bottle, and falls back asleep. And I dont hear a thing!!!! Every morning when I wake up I'm like omg!!! Did I actually jsut sleep through the night??? My son is 2 1/2, and it was getting very annoying to have to wake up 3X a night to such a big boy. So now everyone is happy - he's getting his bottles, I'm getting my sleep, and dh is getting his sleep! I cant believe I didnt think of this months ago! Now if only there was a similarly easy toilet training solution... siiiigh.

sarahd

Post Thu, Feb 14 2008, 2:42 pm
So the kineseology didn't work?

e1234

Post Thu, Feb 14 2008, 2:58 pm
mamabear - maybe this is not nice to ask - but you don't have a problem with him soaking his diapers..
my 3 year old has a few bottles a night ( I leave one for her and often end up waking up to give another) but she ends up soaking through everything..
I wish I could get her off the bottles..

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Feb 14 2008, 3:02 pm
for the toilet training? nope. but it did work in other areas - he is much better behaved, reasonable, patient child with less aggression and a longer attentin span, so I'm grateful for that.

sarahd

Post Thu, Feb 14 2008, 3:16 pm
So are you giving SM (and yourself) a break from toilet training?

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Feb 14 2008, 3:50 pm
I'm giving him a break but I cant do a total break since he doeant quite want to be back in diapers. So we're just taking it easy. Today so far he's only had one accident and has been dry for quite a while. He has better days and worse days. As long as I can train him to do #2 ONLY in a potty then I can send him to cheder because the REbbes dont make that big a deal of a wet pullup. (I'd send him in a pullup of course). They dont change stinkies and that means I'll have to come down to change him. I guess he'll learn after 2-3 embarrassing incidents, but I'm hoping it won't come to that. I've already resigned myself to sending him in cheder in June although it'd be much much better if he could go in May already.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Feb 14 2008, 3:55 pm
e1234 wrote:
mamabear - maybe this is not nice to ask - but you don't have a problem with him soaking his diapers..
my 3 year old has a few bottles a night ( I leave one for her and often end up waking up to give another) but she ends up soaking through everything..
I wish I could get her off the bottles..
It bothers me, when he gets up everything is wet, but he's only 2 1/2 so I have time to fight with him over that...

zigi

Post Thu, Feb 14 2008, 10:36 pm
enjoy your sleep!! thats a good idea!

ganizzy

Post Fri, Feb 15 2008, 1:06 am
my kids 2 and 3 1/2 also have bottles at night (unfortunately) but I only give them water at night which means they usually only have one bottle. if I have to give a second bottle, I usully change her then as well. huggies has overnights which helps somewhat. when my 2 yr old was younger and getting juice at night she would go through 2 or so bottles and would wake up so wet that even her hair and feet were wet. it was disgusting!!! I bought plastic covers for the pillowcases and extra crib sheets to change every day, until she was old enough to understand that only water at night and u better get used to it. now I just need my baby to sleep thru the night.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics