Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Reflections on Summer Camp 2020
Previous  1  2

pause

Post Wed, Aug 19 2020, 7:08 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
Has opened as a day camp....but all staff were on campus. So I guess you are right, sorry of......

Day camps were 100% legal in NY.

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Aug 19 2020, 7:18 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
Funny. Day camps were totally legal so no issues there... again, this is why none of us care too much about the fine print legalities at this point. Day camps were allowed, bungalow colonies were allowed, and only sleepaway camps were not Banging head . The logic of hizzoner....

Where I live (not NY) day camps were legal, but school is not. So the kids are gonna to be going to "day camp" in Sept.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 3:01 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
Where I live (not NY) day camps were legal, but school is not. So the kids are gonna to be going to "day camp" in Sept.

Sounds like the Communist republic of California where the LAUSD Union are the KGB.

Sorry, not sorry for the exaggeration.

- You can have a day camp - no school
- You can have kids sitting at separate desks with partitions - learning via zoom as long as the teacher is not teaching live
- You can have children come to the school for outdoor social sports activities - but you can't have them outside, sitting on chairs, six feet apart from each other, studying school curriculum from a teacher.
-Snitching is encouraged
-Among some of the LAUSD terms and conditions for agreeing to reopen schools:
Defunding Charter Schools
Defunding School Police
- The Governor announced a few weeks ago that certain counties in California would allow Private schools to apply for waivers to open their schools. On August 4th, the LA Health dept. announced that no waivers would be considered until the infection rate had dropped to 200 per 100,000 for more than 14 days. Guess how long it's taken for the official infection rate to be publicized? (internal information here, via a phone call with the health dept. the health officials have admitted that numbers are lower, they are just not being publicized)

Ok, I unburdened.

I have had this pent up frustration now for weeks. It has long become a political game, nothing at all to do with covid.

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 4:14 pm
our first question when hiring entertainment for the camp was if the entertainer will be wearing a mask. if they said yes, then we wouldn't have hired them. (nobody answered that they will be wearing one Smile the children had enough fear and anxiety before they came. there were so many issues as is, more than ever. nobody needed someone coming and instilling fear and reminding us again...

and no, we didn't order masks with the camp symbol, although very cute, we didn't feed into this agenda.

baruch hashem baruch hashem we all had a summer to remember.

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 4:16 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
Funny. Day camps were totally legal so no issues there... again, this is why none of us care too much about the fine print legalities at this point. Day camps were allowed, bungalow colonies were allowed, and only sleepaway camps were not Banging head . The logic of hizzoner....

day camps don't get funding. schools do. what would've been their threat?
start following the money

gold21

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 4:18 pm
My son was in a sleepaway camp in a state where it was legal. B"H there were no outbreaks there. He had a great time. B"H.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children